• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well, I Tried...inactive Consultant Leads

In summary, the author tried to contact former guests of the inactive consultant and found that most of the leads were from years ago and did not have current contact information. The author also tried to contact former guests and found that most did not have current contact information. Finally, the author found success by giving away free two hours of chiropractor's time and by talking to former coworkers.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
My ED gave me 8 leads from the "inactive consultant" leads she got.

I tried...

All 8 hadn't hosted since 2005.

I ended up with 3 inactive numbers - researched thoroughly and can't find new.

4 ended up to be mom and sisters of the former consultant and already had a new consultant.

1 is a maybe on something but I just got an answering machine.

So, I just have to say for those who got all riled up that HO doing this was "hurting" your business...I doubt it...after this amount of time, the leads aren't that great, the directors who are getting them and calling them will have a hard time getting a good lead. Many directors are being generous and sharing (like mine), and many of these people don't have valid contact information.

I really doubt this is hurting anyone's business because we all know we BEST make contacts by being face-to-face with them and talking to them.

So, just had to add that I'm really glad HO tried to contact former guests, it was a great idea, but don't feel hurt by it at all!

I agree... I was all stoked because I had 5 pages to work from. At least 1/3 didn't have phone numbers (which is curious to me because we can't submit shows without a phone number) and at least another 1/3 were wrong phone numbers. The rest I left messages for. So we'll see what results....

That stinks! Oh well, at least you tried. :)

5 pages! I only had one....ONE name! Funny thing is it turned out to be a girl that goes to my church and is already purchasing from me. Her catalog show was in 2005 also.

Much ado about nothing :(

Even though I was disappointed that we regular consultants couldn't participate in the hoped-for bounty, I'm more disappointed for you guys... all those leads, and nothing. What a let down.

I have 4 pages and didn't not get one lead out of it either. I actually had one person email me asking to be taken off my list.

I can't believe that the names are from 2005! Maybe that is where they are starting from and gradually working their way up to date.

ShanaSmith said:
I actually had one person email me asking to be taken off my list.

That was actually my fear....that these people being contacted would be thinking "What in the world is this? Who are you and why are you contacting me?" If they really love PC and their consultant has been inactive over a year, I'm sure they have already found someone else!

When I called them, I used part of HO's script, but also let them know that Pampered Chef had mailed catalogs to hosts whose consultants were no longer active and my director asked me to call them to make sure they didn't have any customer service needs. That seems to open the door and relax them for "future things".

My good news of the day is after this, I packed up went to town where a local Chiropractor was having a "kids fun" 2 hour session with our fire dept. with the Fire Safety House and a few other things. Well, when we got there to visit DH, I realized he had vendors this year! A lady that sewed clothes and baby blankets, etc. ...and a Tastefully Simple lady...

I ended up giving a catalog to the Tastefully Simple Lady's customer as we were all talking about that and Pampered Chef.

Then I mentioned I sell PC to the sewing lady and her hubby about jumped across the table with excitement! They are in their 60's and he loves our stuff! His wife hasn't been to a show in 2 years and he was upset! They took a full catalog and are going to call me with an order when they make their list.

Then I talked to the Chiropractor who organized it to see how he gathered everyone and he just went hunting for business cards. I said, well you know I'm on the Fire Dept. but I also do PC, he BEGGED me to come next year!

(2 hours and FREE! - no charge to be there).

He directed me to his office assistant (who worked at my work 1 year ago...) and she took my card for next year. When I gave her a mini catalog, she said, oh, I REALLY need new cookware. I told her to call me - I'd figure out how we can get at least a catalog show in this month for her!

So, when your day starts bad...well, just read the last line in my siggy....

I too got 5 pages of leads and so far have no luck. I have actually talked with only one person and she just had her show to help her friend get started and is not at all interested. Many others had invalid or missing numbers. Several of the emails came back undeliverable. I'll keep trying but so far, nothing.

BethCooks4U said:
I too got 5 pages of leads and so far have no luck. I have actually talked with only one person and she just had her show to help her friend get started and is not at all interested. Many others had invalid or missing numbers. Several of the emails came back undeliverable. I'll keep trying but so far, nothing.

All we can do is try... :)

Yes, I think most "real" customers that love PC won't go 2 years after having a show without having another - many KNOW the benefit of being a host.

janetupnorth said:
All we can do is try... :)

Yes, I think most "real" customers that love PC won't go 2 years after having a show without having another - many KNOW the benefit of being a host.
Well, I had done just that before I contacted HO to find out about selling.

I had been a host almost every year since 1983 (first stone) with several different consultants and several $1000 shows (nobody asked me to sell) but hadn't had a consultant for a good 2-3 years before I had a need and thought about filling it with PC.

So who knows how many others like me are out there??

My AD gave me several of these leads. I have called all. No answers on the first call, just machines. I will try again, though.

Janet, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing that, and how your day turned out afterwards too! AND how awesome it was that your ED shared those leads with you!

amy07 said:
Janet, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing that, and how your day turned out afterwards too! AND how awesome it was that your ED shared those leads with you!

You're welcome.

We have to remember that in this business sometimes what we think is good is bad, what we think is bad turns out to be good for us.

There will always be ups and downs - we have to just keep working! :)

I must have missed the original threads on this topic - so I don't know how people were reacting to this and if this host referral thing is new...

But, my ED is also my recruiter and she is too busy to follow up with her list so she gave it to me.

I couldn't believe it - I made three calls yesterday afternoon and got 3 live people! One was a cousin of the consultant and was just helping her out - but as we were talking she said that she wants more stones so I am sending her info and she will hopefully place an order (she said she would probably have enough of an order to qualify as her own show!) I tried to email her my info and the specials, but her email address was invalid - but at least I can follow up on the phone - I left a voice mail saying that her email didn't work...

The second one was just a catalog show host, but she said that she would take the new catalog into work and see if anyone was interested! I dropped one off to her today and she goes in on Mondays so I will follow up this week. Hope that pans out...

And the third kept trying to cut me off by saying that she doesn't need anything right now and that she's busy - I was trying to get in that all I wanted was to introduce myself and let her know that since her consultant was no longer with the company that I would be happy to serve her and be her new consultant. Then she proceeded to say that maybe she'd do something in February and to call her back after the holidays!

So not a bad way to make my three contacts!! Hopefully a catalog show, an order/catalog show? and a possible February show!!!

I still have several more to reach. Some of them might be in bad parts of the city, so I don't know that I will try to reach all of them, but any lead is better than nothing.

None of these ladies had found another consultant and their shows were a little over 2 years ago. If you have the leads - it can't hurt to follow-up.

Good luck to everyone else that got a list. I'll post any other exciting results as I get through them...

I hosted a show back in late 2002. I went to a few shows in 2003. Last year, my friend and I said we needed to host another PC party. So I called my consultant and she had gone inactive. Several months later, I decided to contact HO about being a consultant! You see, if I would have been on those lead lists, I would have made someone's day!!!I'm in South Florida--where PC is not as well known as other DS companies.

I can understand the phone # not being listed. It wasn't always required in PP.

Just had to put in my experience! I had been on vacation when the list came out, but came home to a phone message from one of the ladies who received the packet saying that she wanted to have a show, but she would have to wait a month or so as she just (six days before) had a baby! I couldn't believe that she would even think of having a show that close to having a baby! So I called her back and she is having one in Oct! Nothing else from my actually calling the other leads, but I figure the one who called me was totally worth it!!!!

My director shared her leads as well. I have quite a list from my area to work through. I have spoken with several "live" people. One was SO excited. She had called her former consultant 3 weeks earlier and asked for catalogs to do a catty show but the consultant never brought them. I told her the purpose of my call was NOT to take her away from her consultant...whom I do not think is even active because she had no new cattys or anything. Anyway, this host said she was first come, first served and asked me for everything... in 2 days she had over $500 in orders, is shooting for $1000 and we are meeting today to discuss the business op so who knows what she'll do. I am thankful for the leads and that our director shared them. I too had several out of service numbers but this one so far has been worth all the others!

quiverfull7 said:
My director shared her leads as well. I have quite a list from my area to work through. I have spoken with several "live" people. One was SO excited. She had called her former consultant 3 weeks earlier and asked for catalogs to do a catty show but the consultant never brought them. I told her the purpose of my call was NOT to take her away from her consultant...whom I do not think is even active because she had no new cattys or anything. Anyway, this host said she was first come, first served and asked me for everything... in 2 days she had over $500 in orders, is shooting for $1000 and we are meeting today to discuss the business op so who knows what she'll do. I am thankful for the leads and that our director shared them. I too had several out of service numbers but this one so far has been worth all the others!

WHOHOO! Awesome!

1. What are inactive Consultant Leads?

Inactive Consultant Leads are individuals who have shown interest in becoming a consultant for Pampered Chef, but have not yet completed the process or have become inactive after signing up. These leads can be a valuable resource for current consultants looking to expand their team and build a successful business.

2. How do I access inactive Consultant Leads?

To access inactive Consultant Leads, log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "My Business" tab. Then, click on "Leads" and select "Inactive" from the drop-down menu. This will show you a list of all inactive leads in your area that you can reach out to and potentially recruit as new consultants.

3. Can I still earn commission from inactive Consultant Leads?

Yes, you can still earn commission from inactive Consultant Leads if they decide to join Pampered Chef and become active consultants. As a consultant, you will earn a percentage of their sales and have the opportunity to mentor and support them in their business.

4. How can I convert inactive Consultant Leads into active consultants?

To convert inactive Consultant Leads into active consultants, you can reach out to them through phone calls, emails, or even in-person meetings. Share your personal experience with Pampered Chef and how it has benefited you, and offer support and guidance in getting their business started. You can also offer incentives or special promotions to encourage them to become active.

5. Are there any resources available to help me reach out to inactive Consultant Leads?

Yes, there are several resources available to help you reach out to inactive Consultant Leads and recruit them as new consultants. These include training materials, marketing materials, and support from your Pampered Chef team. You can also attend local events and host parties to meet potential leads in person and share the opportunities Pampered Chef has to offer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • tonzafunn
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedbecky