• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Two Bum Ho Leads in a Row! Argh!!!

In summary, Lead #1 received a lead while at Disney and contacted HO to confirm, but found out that the lead was already working with her sister director. It turns out that the director got the lead on the same day. Lead #2 received a suspicious lead and debated calling HO to find out more. However, upon calling, she discovered that the lead was not a legitimate lead and was able to resolve the issue with the help of HO. The conversation also included experiences with other odd HO leads and how customer service and persistence can lead to success.
chefkathy
Lead #1--I rec'd while at Disney, called HO to confirm cuz it wouldn't work on my phone, called her and emailed her, eventually found out she's already working with my sister director. Huh? Turns out that director got her as a HO lead on the same day I did. Maybe she put in a request twice? Whatever...bless and release. I don't have time to call HO and find out what happened. Moving on....Lead #2--This is what I get today:
gaby gonzalez
addison, IL 60101
(111) 111-1111
[email protected] NO WAY!!!!! This sucks! If that is a consultant, she should know better. If it's a HO person (the Addison IL makes me wonder...), that would be even worse. I'm temped to call HO and find out.

Hmmm... I'd call HO and see what that is about! What a bummer!!!!!Why do people do stuff like that to just waste our time?

DebbieJ said:
Lead #1--I rec'd while at Disney, called HO to confirm cuz it wouldn't work on my phone, called her and emailed her, eventually found out she's already working with my sister director. Huh? Turns out that director got her as a HO lead on the same day I did. Maybe she put in a request twice? Whatever...bless and release. I don't have time to call HO and find out what happened. Moving on....

Lead #2--This is what I get today:
gaby gonzalez
addison, IL 60101
(111) 111-1111
[email protected]

NO WAY!!!!! This sucks! If that is a consultant, she should know better. If it's a HO person (the Addison IL makes me wonder...), that would be even worse. I'm temped to call HO and find out.

I would call about that 2nd one. Nothing about that email or phone is legit - there should be some sort of flag for something like that. The least they could do is put you back at the top of the pool.

I had one like that - the email address was [email protected]. The phone # looked legit, but it wasn't when I called. :grumpy:

I had several HO leads last month that were nothing. First month I've had like that.

okay, I did call HO.Lead #1--she put herself in twice. It was a different lead # under my sister director. So nothing could have been done about that. The other director got in touch with her first. Bless and release.Lead #2--this is likely a HO person! It was not supposed to go live--it was some sort of test or report. Delores in Consultant Career Services is going to check into it and make sure I get back on the top of the rotation.Thanks for encouraging me to call. I waited on hold for 10 mins, but it was worth it.

Glad you were at least able to take care of the 2nd one!

YAY! Glad you called Deb! :)

Glad you called & at least got #2 resolved! :D

and #1 ended up scheduling her show on a Sunday and I don't do Sundays so all's well that ends well.

I can totally relate to HO leads being odd! My last one: I called her to make contact and see what she needed. Her reply was, "she wanted to know where her order was and how to get her products?" Apparently she placed an order at a booth in the mall in town for a Relay for Life thing. She paid cash, had a receipt, but NOT the consultants name so she went online looking for answers. I called the mall to track down the consultants and HO to see if an order had been placed in her name. Two days later her products showed up on her door step. However, HO has NO record of her ordering anything. I did call both consultants and ask about the products, it took one two days to call me back and one over a week. Anyway, the customer got her product, asked me to send her a catalog and said she would use me from now on!!!:D This is where customer service and a little digging went a long way! Maybe I'll call her and get a booking for the Blitz???:chef:

Sheila in Kansas

chefsheila1 said:
I can totally relate to HO leads being odd! My last one: I called her to make contact and see what she needed. Her reply was, "she wanted to know where her order was and how to get her products?" Apparently she placed an order at a booth in the mall in town for a Relay for Life thing. She paid cash, had a receipt, but NOT the consultants name so she went online looking for answers. I called the mall to track down the consultants and HO to see if an order had been placed in her name. Two days later her products showed up on her door step. However, HO has NO record of her ordering anything. I did call both consultants and ask about the products, it took one two days to call me back and one over a week. Anyway, the customer got her product, asked me to send her a catalog and said she would use me from now on!!!:D This is where customer service and a little digging went a long way! Maybe I'll call her and get a booking for the Blitz???:chef:

Sheila in Kansas

You go girl! :D

Not all consultants know about the lead system. I got a lead a couple of months ago. She marked that she wanted to host a show and interested in the business opportunity. When I called she acted confused. Turns out she is a consultant who was "testing" the lead system. She did several requests until she got one. I had to explain to her how the lead system works.

pcjenn said:
Not all consultants know about the lead system. I got a lead a couple of months ago. She marked that she wanted to host a show and interested in the business opportunity. When I called she acted confused. Turns out she is a consultant who was "testing" the lead system. She did several requests until she got one. I had to explain to her how the lead system works.

I had that happen too but the consultant who did it wasn't as nice. She told me *she wanted to see how long it would take me to call her.* She was new and vented to me how *unfair* the lead system is and that not everyone gets them.

Whatevs!

I have had problems with consultants using it as well. I had several looking for hospitality and supplies. One in particular has become an ongoing problem. She used the lead system because she had a show in 2 days and needed catalogs. Then wanted hospitality. Ok, but don't come to my meetings and distrupt the meetings and DEMAND that I provide her with more support. When I asked her repeatedly what she was looking for she could not tell me. Turns out she wanted me to recognize her and help her manage her business... UHHHHH no...see I can't see your numbers because you did not use the proper hospitality channel and I have never spoken with your director!

Oh, my! You girls are getting some crazy consultants contacting you the wrong way! Colleen & Jenni, did you notify HO of these consultants abusing the system?

I did, but basically they told me there is nothing they can do. I think it is our job as leaders to teach our teams the right way to do things... and to be available and handle things in a timely manner for them. Based on my experience trying to get hospitality (the right way) and not even getting a response for other directors (a polite "I am not open for hospitality right now" is an acceptable answer), I have to think that some people must run their teams the same way... which leaves them to try to "figure it out" on their own.

I got the same response from HO... nothing they could do...

:( The could re-vamp the wording that this is for customer use ONLY and that active consultants should call corporate at 888-OUR-CHEF!

1. What are "Two Bum Ho Leads in a Row"?

"Two Bum Ho Leads in a Row" is a phrase commonly used in direct sales to refer to having two unsuccessful leads in a row. It can be frustrating and discouraging for a consultant, but it is important to remember that it is a normal part of the sales process.

2. How do I handle "Two Bum Ho Leads in a Row"?

The best way to handle two unsuccessful leads in a row is to stay positive and keep moving forward. Take a break if needed, but then refocus and continue reaching out to potential customers. Remember that every "no" gets you closer to a "yes." Also, use this as an opportunity to review your sales techniques and make any necessary adjustments.

3. Is it common to have "Two Bum Ho Leads in a Row"?

Yes, it is very common to have two unsuccessful leads in a row. Direct sales is all about persistence and perseverance, and it is normal to experience some rejection along the way. The important thing is to not let it discourage you and to keep pushing forward.

4. How can I avoid "Two Bum Ho Leads in a Row"?

While it is impossible to completely avoid unsuccessful leads, there are some steps you can take to increase your chances of success. Make sure you are targeting the right audience, have a strong sales pitch, and follow up with potential customers. Also, be open to feedback and continually work on improving your sales skills.

5. What should I do after experiencing "Two Bum Ho Leads in a Row"?

If you do have two unsuccessful leads in a row, take a moment to regroup and refocus. Review your sales techniques and see if there are any areas that may need improvement. Then, continue reaching out to potential customers and remember that every "no" gets you closer to a "yes." Don't let these setbacks discourage you from pursuing your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
CoidgigBese
  • PCJenni