• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware Debate: SS vs. Non Stick - What's Your Preference?

In summary, the conversation discusses the preference between SS and non-stick cookware. Some prefer the SS for searing and making sauces, while others prefer non-stick for cooking eggs and pancakes. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and the intended use for the cookware. Some have both types and use them for different purposes, while others are satisfied with just one. The Executive seems to be a popular choice among the conversation participants.
PamperedChefLayla
Gold Member
Which do you prefer the SS or non stick? I have the older PC non stick set that is still in great condition but I want to get a larger skillet. SS or non stick?? What do you prefer?

It really depends on how you cook. I prefer the Executive for most things. However, if I'm cooking meat or making a sauce I use the SS. If you already have a great non-stick, the SS might be a good idea.

I have both. It depends on what you are using it for. I love the SS for searing and getting the nice crust on meats. It cleans up easily and you can put it in the dishwasher. My non stick I use for thing I do not want to stick to the pan like eggs, pancakes and things I do not want to add extra oil to.

I love the covered 12" SS. I use it for all my family meals.

lockhartkitchen said:
I love the covered 12" SS. I use it for all my family meals.

I love my SS too!

i use my executive and i love it!!!!! i rarely use my ss at all, but keep it just to show if they want to see it

For personal use - I love both - and use them for different things - as others have mentioned. I probably use the SS more at home.

But, as far as using for shows - I use the Exec 12" way more than the SS, if even for Skillet Cakes and now for offering some stovetop Dinners to hosts.

I believe it's a matter of personal preference. I only have the non stick and don't feel like I need anything else.

Chef Bobby said:
I believe it's a matter of personal preference. I only have the non stick and don't feel like I need anything else.

i agree! :thumbup:

Executive is used most.

1. What is the main difference between stainless steel and non-stick cookware?

The main difference between stainless steel and non-stick cookware is the type of coating used on the surface. Stainless steel cookware is made of metal and does not have a non-stick coating, while non-stick cookware has a coating made of materials such as Teflon or ceramic.

2. Which type of cookware is better for cooking at high temperatures?

Stainless steel cookware is better for cooking at high temperatures. It can withstand heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, while non-stick cookware is only recommended for use up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes stainless steel cookware more suitable for tasks like searing and browning.

3. Is one type of cookware easier to clean than the other?

Non-stick cookware is generally easier to clean than stainless steel cookware. The non-stick coating makes food less likely to stick to the surface, making cleanup faster and easier. However, non-stick coatings can be damaged by using metal utensils or harsh cleaning methods, so it's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for care and use.

4. Which type of cookware is more durable?

Stainless steel cookware is generally more durable than non-stick cookware. The metal construction can withstand higher temperatures and is less likely to chip or scratch compared to non-stick coatings. With proper care, stainless steel cookware can last for many years.

5. Can you use both types of cookware for the same types of dishes?

Yes, you can use both stainless steel and non-stick cookware for the same types of dishes. However, it's important to note that non-stick cookware may not be suitable for cooking certain foods at high temperatures, and stainless steel cookware may require more oil or butter to prevent sticking. It's a personal preference and depends on the specific recipe and cooking method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckysuem
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
beckysuem
  • schel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
schel
  • KayPT