• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Tips for Pork Steaks - Sharing Our Ideas

In summary, Carolyn recommends adding onions to the recipe, and suggests browning the pork chops in a skillet before adding them to the dish.
ChefTS
I got a good deal at the grocery store on pork steaks, and wanted to know how you all cook them for your families? They are about the thickness of "normal" bone-in pork chops, and they are bone-in.

Thanks!

We grill them just like a steak. A little seasoning - garlic salt & pepper.

Ooooh - I have a great recipe...you brown them in a not-non-stick pan...while they're browning, use the APCS to slice & peel some granny smith apples. Remove the pork to a plate and put the apples in the pan wit hthe brown bits from the pork chops. Add one can of apple juice concentrate and cook til the apples are soft - then put the pork back in, bury the pork under the apples, cover & cook until the pork is cooked. Yummmmmm

Carolyn, Have you ever tried adding onions to this recipe? It sounds very good.

I grilled some pork chops in the grill pan with the Jamaican Jerk Rub the other night. It was really tasty! I used the press on top too. I think the only problem was I had the heat too high, so it browned the outsides too fast while the insides weren't done. However, these were boneless chops, and extra-thick.

Karen Hodge said:
Carolyn, Have you ever tried adding onions to this recipe? It sounds very good.

The original recipe may have had onions in it as well. I haven't made it in probably 5+ years...and was trying to type it from memory.

Most of the time we just use Seasoned Salt on our pork steaks or pork chops, either grill or pan fry.

Something my family loves...even the boys love it...brown your chops in a skillet. Slice potatoes and put them in your rectangle baker, add a can or two of green beans...not french cut...then add your chops, cover with a can of cream of mushroom...or celery...soup and a can of water...enough to cover your potatoes. If you like casseroles you will love this...don't forget to season with your favorite seasoning.

Thank you all so much! I am going to cook them up tonight for dinner (with homemade bread and homemade butter!) and I am really looking forward to them. I love this board! Ya'll are so helpful.

Teriyaki sauce and fresh steamed veggies with rice

Related to Cooking Tips for Pork Steaks - Sharing Our Ideas

What is the best way to marinate pork steaks?

The best way to marinate pork steaks is to use a mixture of acidic ingredients (such as vinegar or citrus juice) and flavorful ingredients (such as herbs and spices). Make sure to fully coat the pork steaks in the marinade and let them marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before cooking.

How long should I cook pork steaks?

Cooking time for pork steaks will depend on the thickness of the steaks and the cooking method. Generally, pork steaks should be cooked for 6-8 minutes per side on a grill or skillet over medium-high heat. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145°F.

Can I use a slow cooker to cook pork steaks?

Yes, you can use a slow cooker to cook pork steaks. Simply place the marinated pork steaks in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Make sure to check the internal temperature of the pork before serving.

What are some recommended side dishes to serve with pork steaks?

Some delicious side dishes to serve with pork steaks include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, or a fresh salad. You can also pair pork steaks with grilled or roasted fruits, such as peaches or apples, for a sweet and savory combination.

Can I freeze cooked pork steaks?

Yes, you can freeze cooked pork steaks for up to 3 months. Make sure to let the pork steaks cool completely before wrapping them tightly in foil or placing them in an airtight container. When ready to eat, thaw the pork steaks in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven or on the stove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jkinak
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • shelly.nurse