• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Shows: Planting the Seed for HS Students at Job Fair

I agree! When I graduated HS with our class of 19 students, yes...you read that right, the funny part is, it was the largest graduating class in a 3 year run. Small towns. Anyway, the point is, only 3 of us weren't 18 or older. :thumbup:
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Anyone have a flyer to hand out at a HS job fair? These kids aren't old enough to sign up but planting the seed. I want to give them something about the business and about cooking shows to take with them. I'm hoping some of their moms will do a show at least. I'm told to bring enough for 1700 coming through.

Bump... I am doing a job expo in two weeks for 15-22 year olds. I am hoping I get some leads even if its just for shows from the parents.... I can not find any info on here about how to go about setting up at a job fair... any ideas would help us both out...

TIA

Well, mine already happened and it was actually for 8th graders. I had planned on having a drawing and had a sign up sheet for a cooking class but wasn't allowed to take the kids' names/info. I totally understood and there wasn't time for anyone to fill anything out anyway. I was allowed to do a drawing of adult chaperones which gave me a few leads and so far 2 bookings. I also gave out a flyer (attached). One of the kids went home and told her mom "I want to do this". Mom said how about if I do it? We interviewed and she signed up last night!!

Attachments

• Thanks for visiting my booth today.doc
    124.5 KB · Views: 592
Beth, that is awesome!! Congratulations. I bet when her child sees how much fun the mom is having, and all the awesome rewards, there will be a future recruit when he/she turns 18.For job fairs at high schools, don't assume they're all 'too young.' Alot of seniors at my daughter's hs are 18 or 19. One of them just became a jewelry consultant! I think this is an awesome age to get started!!

pampchefsarah said:
Beth, that is awesome!! Congratulations. I bet when her child sees how much fun the mom is having, and all the awesome rewards, there will be a future recruit when he/she turns 18.

For job fairs at high schools, don't assume they're all 'too young.' Alot of seniors at my daughter's hs are 18 or 19. One of them just became a jewelry consultant! I think this is an awesome age to get started!!

I agree! When I graduated HS with our class of 19 students, yes...you read that right, the funny part is, it was the largest graduating class in a 3 year run. Small towns. Anyway, the point is, only 3 of us weren't 18 or older. :thumbup:

Related to Cooking Shows: Planting the Seed for HS Students at Job Fair

1. What is the purpose of a cooking show at a job fair for high school students?

The purpose of a cooking show at a job fair for high school students is to introduce them to the world of culinary arts and to inspire them to consider a career in this field. It is also a great opportunity for them to learn basic cooking skills and explore their passion for food.

2. Who will be conducting the cooking show at the job fair?

Our team of experienced and trained chefs from Pampered Chef will be conducting the cooking show. They will not only demonstrate cooking techniques and recipes but also share their personal experiences and insights on working in the culinary industry.

3. Will the students get a chance to participate in the cooking show?

Yes, the students will have the opportunity to participate in the cooking show. They will be able to assist the chef in preparing certain dishes and also get hands-on experience in using different kitchen tools and gadgets.

4. How long will the cooking show last?

The cooking show will last for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. This will include the demonstration, hands-on activities, and a Q&A session with the chef.

5. Will there be any food samples or tastings during the cooking show?

Yes, there will be food samples and tastings during the cooking show. The students will get to taste the dishes prepared by the chef and also have the opportunity to try out some of our products from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • kcmckay