• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Shows in Action: My First Impressions

In summary, the host had everyone wash their hands and place around the table to do a Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries. She showed the picture from the Theme Show guide and started directing the recipe one step at a time. Everyone followed her directions and then it was time to cut the cake. Everyone got a piece and enjoyed it. Three people booked on the spot after the show.
pampchefrhondab
I got my Cooking Shows in Action DVD in the mail yesterday!:sing: Not sure if anyone else got theirs yet.

I haven't had time to watch much of it yet, but so far really cool! I started watching Gillian. Her voice was exactly as I imagined it.

I'm hoping to watch more of it tonight!

I got mine yesterday, too. Directors were supposed to be delivered last week, so most of the Directors around here probably have had them for a few days. I'm watching it in chunks. Too much to absorb at one sitting. And I'm taking notes on the show observation form (on the reproduceable forms CD)

I am so jealous! I can't wait to get mine. I have done six interactive shows so far, but really want to improve my shows.

I only watched the snippets from Consultant's Corner so far, but it helped my show on Sat. IMMENSELY!! I had a fantastic interactive show - everyone stood around the dining room table, and where they were standing, that's the product they tried. I had it all set up with a different step of the recipe all around the table. I promised them that we'd do that for just 15 min, then when the recipe was cooking (the micro cake), we'd sit down and chat. That's how it went! It was also my shortest show, and I had people interested in the business who thought they'd never be able to stand up in front of a crowd before, but thought, "Hey, I can do THAT"! BEAUTIFUL! I also got 3 bookings, and there were only 7 people there (over $500 in sales so far, too). Definitely the way to go - I won't do my shows any other way now!! :D Can't wait to see the DVD and get more gems to use!!

So, Is the recipe done one step at a time? or is everyone working on different steps all at the same time? Are you guiding them through the steps?

Bren706 said:
So, Is the recipe done one step at a time? or is everyone working on different steps all at the same time? Are you guiding them through the steps?
Here's how I did it - we made the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries, and I put all of the tools needed for the recipe around the table, with some things in the middle (tool turnabout, salad spinner) to use later. I asked everyone to wash their hands and take a place around the table. I took the spot where I had set the Stackable Cooling Rack and had the recipe in front of me. I started by having everyone introduce themselves and whether they liked to cook or bake and if they cook a lot/go out to dinner/whatever. Just breaks the ice and gets people talking about food. Then, I told them what we were making and showed the picture from the Theme Show guide (oohs and aahs!). Then, I just directed the recipe one step at a time - "First, we need to brush the Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using the Silicone Basting Brush - Michele, since you're standing in front of that, why don't you go ahead and do that." I had all of the ingredients set out at each station, so all they had to do was follow my directions. I was able to talk about the products easier while the person using the product did the work, so that was a HUGE plus for me!The host did the running of the things to the kitchen to microwave, and another woman (her mom) ran dirty dishes in to the sink (but we could have just left them on the table, too - they were just clean freaks!). After the recipe was done, everyone got to see how pretty it looked and then I asked them to all have a seat in the living room while I cut the cake and passed them out. I passed out my lap boards and told everyone about this month's specials and the upcoming months' host specials. Everyone kept commenting on how great it was to try the tools and how fun and quick it was, and 3 people booked on the spot for March & April. The host even told me she was seriously considering being a consultant b/c she liked the interactive format and wouldn't feel put "on the spot" like most consultants who stand up and do a demo usually look to her. I was so happy how it went, esp. since my first "attempt" kinda failed. Now I realize why - it was set up all wrong (on the island with chairs sitting around - asking everyone to "sit" instead of stand and help). I will make sure I set up the table in a room without chairs, and move the chairs to another room before anyone shows up. When they get there, I'll let them know that we'll be making the recipe together in the other room, then they'll have a chance to relax, chat and eat afterwards (15 min prep time max - most will be ok with that). I'll keep you posted how my next ones go!

I just posted in the Business section of viewing this DVD and absolutely loving Theresa and her total interactive show! I soo want to take my shows in this direction! I just hope my hosts don't mind (being used to the old demo way).

How did you tell your host or did you ask if it was ok for this format?

1. How do I host a successful cooking show with Pampered Chef?

To host a successful cooking show with Pampered Chef, you will need to first become a consultant and receive training on how to conduct a cooking show. Then, you will need to invite friends and family to attend the show and introduce them to the products and recipes. During the show, be engaging and interactive with your guests, and offer them the opportunity to purchase products or host their own show in the future.

2. What types of products can I expect to see at a Pampered Chef cooking show?

At a Pampered Chef cooking show, you can expect to see a variety of kitchen gadgets, cookware, bakeware, and other cooking tools. The products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient.

3. What is the benefit of attending a Pampered Chef cooking show?

Attending a Pampered Chef cooking show allows you to see the products in action and learn how to use them effectively. You will also have the opportunity to taste the recipes being prepared and ask any questions you may have about the products. Additionally, you may be able to earn free or discounted products by hosting a show or purchasing items at the show.

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products without attending a cooking show?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products online or through a consultant without attending a cooking show. However, attending a cooking show allows you to see the products in action and ask any questions you may have before making a purchase.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant and start hosting cooking shows?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. You will then receive training on how to conduct cooking shows and have the opportunity to earn income through sales and hosting shows. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on becoming a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
  • ChefCKHall