• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Salmon & Flounder: Ideas Beyond Grilling & Baking

In summary, the conversation discussed various ideas for cooking salmon, flounder, and other types of white fish. Some suggestions included grilling, baking, or pan-frying with different marinades and seasonings, as well as using a grill pan for a healthy option. A recipe for a salmon and leek dish was also mentioned.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I have some tilapia recipes but would also like some ideas for cooking salmon and flounder. I know to grill them or to bake, or fry them with italian dressing but not much else. Any ideas are welcome :)

in the new latin cookbook is a great salmon and leek recipe!

Flounder, Tilapia, Cod...all types of white fish like that, we love to do the following.

Mix Mayo (not salad dressing) with a little lemon pepper, and spread over the fish on a bar stone. Then combine bread crumbs with a little olive oil and the parmesan-garlic oil dipping seasoning to make a crumb topping, and sprinkle that over the top. Bake @ 400 until done. (time depends on the size of the fish, of course.)

My 5 year old will eat all different kinds of fish when I make it this way!

Not much of a recipe per se, but these are the two ways I prepare salmon:

Loosely wrap up in a piece of foil with some lemon pepper, dill and a pad of butter, bake in oven at 350°F for about 30 min

Smoke on the grill: Make a pouch out of foil, fill with soaked smoking chips, poke a few holes in foil pouch. Place foil pouch of heating element of grill (or as close as possible). Place salmon on higher rack of grill (we have a gas grill), either directly on the grate, or on another piece of foil. Timing varies, check for pink color, and it should fall apart easily when poked with a fork.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would love to share some ideas for cooking salmon and flounder. One of my favorite ways to prepare salmon is by marinating it in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, and garlic, and then baking it in the oven. For flounder, you can try a similar marinade or simply pan-fry it with some lemon and herbs. Another delicious option is to make a creamy lemon dill sauce to top the fish with. And don't forget about using your Pampered Chef grill pan for a delicious and healthy grilled fish option. I hope these ideas inspire you and happy cooking!

1. How can I cook salmon and flounder without grilling or baking?

There are many delicious ways to prepare salmon and flounder without grilling or baking. You can try poaching, steaming, or pan-searing. You can also try marinating the fish and then broiling it in the oven for a delicious and flavorful dish.

2. Can I use the same seasonings for both salmon and flounder?

Yes, you can use the same seasonings for both salmon and flounder. However, keep in mind that salmon has a stronger flavor and can handle bolder seasonings, while flounder has a more delicate flavor and may be overpowered by strong seasonings. It's best to use a lighter hand with seasonings when cooking flounder.

3. What are some side dishes that pair well with salmon and flounder?

Salmon and flounder pair well with a variety of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, rice pilaf, quinoa, or a fresh salad. You can also serve them with a side of mashed potatoes or crusty bread to soak up any delicious sauces or juices from the fish.

4. How can I tell when salmon and flounder are fully cooked?

The best way to tell when salmon and flounder are fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 145°F for salmon and 145-150°F for flounder. Another way to check is to gently flake the fish with a fork - if it flakes easily and is no longer translucent, it is fully cooked.

5. Can I use frozen salmon and flounder for these recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen salmon and flounder for these recipes. Just be sure to thaw them completely before cooking. You can thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or use the defrost setting on your microwave. Do not refreeze the fish once it has been thawed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • JanisF
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amanda_RI