• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Salmon: Baked Pesto & Pan Seared Recipes!

In summary, the best way to prepare salmon is by baking it with pesto or pan-searing it. To make baked pesto salmon, you will need salmon fillets, pesto sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can also add additional ingredients such as lemon juice or garlic for extra flavor. Frozen salmon can also be used, as long as it is thawed completely before cooking. The best way to check if the salmon is cooked is by using a meat thermometer or by flaking it with a fork. While these recipes are specifically for salmon, other types of fish can be used with adjusted cooking times.
JAE
I cooked salmon two nights in a row. My neighbor has been going fishing and gave me about 10 salmon filets. Last night I made the Baked Pesto Salmon from Stoneware Sensations. Love pesto. I skipped the veggies because instead of shopping for them I went golfing, and I doubled up on everything else because I had to feed five people. Tonight I made the Pan Seared Salmon with Julienne Vegetables. It probably is much better in the grill pan, but I don't have one. I did receive my Julienne peeler in a supply order today, so cutting the veggies was fun.
Are there any more salmon recipes that I need to know about?

I have an AWESOME recipe! Take 1 c brown sugar and mix with 2 Tb salt. Use the same ratio if you need more. Pack onto the fish about 1/2 inch thick. Place it in your fridge and let it sit for about an hour. Grill skin side down.

What if the skin isn't on the fish? Will it still work?

Make a mixture of stone ground mustard, honey, and dill. Slather that over the top of the fillets and bake! Yummy!

Sprinkle your salmon with our Asian seasoning, wrap in foil and bake in the oven. YUMMY!

If there is no skin, you'll need to make sure that it won't stick to the grill. Options would be Pam for Grills, Foil, Cast Iron pan or wood plank.

I'll have to try these. Thanks.

Hi there! It sounds like you've been having a delicious and adventurous time with all that fresh salmon from your neighbor. The Baked Pesto Salmon from Stoneware Sensations is definitely a crowd-pleaser, and I'm glad you were able to make it work for feeding a larger group. As for the Pan Seared Salmon with Julienne Vegetables, I'm sure it turned out just as tasty without a grill pan. The Julienne peeler is a great tool to have for cutting veggies, isn't it?
In terms of other salmon recipes, there are so many to choose from! One of my personal favorites is the Grilled Salmon with Honey Garlic Glaze from the Pampered Chef website. It's simple, yet flavorful, and perfect for a summer barbecue or even just a weeknight dinner. Another great option is the Salmon and Veggie Foil Packets, which are easy to prepare and make for a delicious and mess-free meal. And for a unique twist on salmon, you could try the Salmon and Avocado Salsa recipe, which is packed with fresh flavors and makes for a light and refreshing meal. I hope these suggestions help, and happy cooking!

What is the best way to prepare salmon?

The best way to prepare salmon is by baking it with pesto or pan-searing it. Both methods are easy and delicious, and allow the natural flavors of the salmon to shine through.

What ingredients do I need to make a baked pesto salmon?

To make baked pesto salmon, you will need salmon fillets, pesto sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can also add additional ingredients such as lemon juice or garlic for extra flavor.

Can I use frozen salmon for these recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen salmon for these recipes. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking. You can do this by placing the frozen fillets in the fridge overnight or running them under cold water until thawed.

How do I know when the salmon is cooked?

The best way to check if the salmon is cooked is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also check by flaking the salmon with a fork - it should easily separate into flakes when cooked.

Can I use a different type of fish for these recipes?

While these recipes are specifically for salmon, you can definitely use other types of fish such as cod or tilapia. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different types of fish may require different cooking times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pamperedalf