1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stonewear Fluted Pan...recipe help

1. I used my SFP for the first time today, and made the Italian Bread. I baked it for 21 minutes (recipe says 18 or until golden brown) and it looked nice and golden, and fell right out of the pan. I pulled it apart to serve it, and it was only about half an inch cooked all the way around the outside. The middle was completely doughy. What did I do wrong??? Any suggestions?:confused:

Oct 8, 2009
  2. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

How was the temp of the oven? MAybe it needs to be lower?

Oct 8, 2009
  3. I had the temp at 350, did everything exactly as recipe stated, except left it in a few minutes longer to brown more.

Oct 8, 2009
  4. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Sounds to me that if the outside was done and the inside was not, you should lower your temp to 325 and try that. I have not made this bread, but I think the laws of cooking lean toward this answer.

Oct 9, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Was your oven totally preheated and did you have your rack on the lowest setting in the oven? Just a thought...

Oct 9, 2009
  6. Preheated, lowest rack...everything right! Lower the temp was my hubby's suggestion too. Men, such logical thinkers! Thanks for all of your input!!

Oct 9, 2009
Have something to add?