• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turkey Recipe in Fluted Pan...help!!!!

In summary, the conversation was about a customer looking for a recipe to cook a turkey or chicken in a fluted pan. Suggestions were given to stand the chicken up over the middle of the stone and put potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables inside for a flavorful gravy. Two specific recipes were also shared - one for a roast lemon chicken and one for a 3 step chicken. Both involve using a fluted pan and various seasonings to create a delicious and easy meal.
pcheflaurie
Help...
I have a customer who is looking for the recipe to cook a turkey or chicken in the fluted pan. Does anyone have it or know where I can get it quickly? Thanks,

Laurie :)

I have heard of people standing the chicken up over the middle of the stone and putting potatoes, carrots etc inside the stone a cooking it like that. the juices all go into the bottom and make a gravy. SOunds good i just havent tried it yet. hope it helps

Here's one...

Roast lemon Chicken

1 roasting chicken (5½-6½ lb.) 1 lemon, sliced
1 medium onion, quartered Olive oil
1 Tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix
Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove and discard giblets and neck from cavity of chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat with Kitchen Shears, if necessary. Cut lemon into slices
and onion into quarters; place in cavity of chicken. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken.
Place chicken upright on the center of the Fluted Pan, so that the center of the pan is in the cavity of the chicken, and all the fat can drain off into the pan. Lightly spray service of chicken with olive oil, using Kichen Spritzer. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning mix, rubbing gently. Place the probe of the Digital Thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh and close the oven door on the wire. Bake 1 to 1½ hours or until the thermometer registers 180°F and juices run clear. Let stand 10 minutes before carving with Chef's Knife. Yield: 8 servings

and another...

3 Step Chicken – Spike It, Spritz It, Spice It

Take a 3-4lb whole roasting chicken and rinse with water, especially the cavity. Then SPIKE the chicken cavity on the center post of the
Stoneware Fluted Pan (just like you would do for a vertical roaster). Lightly SPRITZ with olive oil or vegetable oil using the Kitchen Spritzer.
SPICE it with pressed garlic and any of your favorite spice mixes (Cajun, SW, Italian or Lemon Pepper) Place in a 350 degree F oven
for 1 hr 15min to 1 hr 30min depending on the size of the chicken.

Hi Laurie,

I'm happy to help you with this! Cooking a turkey or chicken in the fluted pan is a great way to add some extra flavor and presentation to your meal. Here is a simple recipe that I have used and enjoyed:

Ingredients:
- 1 whole turkey or chicken, thawed and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, or sage)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth

Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried herbs.
3. Place the turkey or chicken in your fluted pan and rub the oil mixture all over the bird, making sure to cover it evenly.
4. Stuff the cavity with the lemon and onion slices.
5. Pour the broth into the bottom of the pan.
6. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place it in the oven.
7. Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the bird reaches 165°F (74°C).
8. Let the turkey or chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or need any further assistance. Happy cooking!

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How can I prevent my turkey from sticking to the fluted pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to generously coat the inside of the pan with cooking spray or oil before placing the turkey in the pan. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for extra protection.

2. Can I use the fluted pan for a whole turkey or only for a turkey breast?

The fluted pan can be used for both whole turkeys and turkey breasts. Just make sure that the turkey fits comfortably in the pan without touching the edges.

3. Do I need to cover the turkey while it cooks in the fluted pan?

No, you do not need to cover the turkey while it cooks in the fluted pan. The fluted design allows for even heat distribution, resulting in a perfectly cooked turkey without the need for a cover.

4. How long should I cook the turkey in the fluted pan?

Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the turkey and your oven. As a general rule, it is recommended to cook the turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350°F. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165°F.

5. Can I use the fluted pan for other dishes besides turkey?

Yes, the fluted pan is versatile and can be used for other dishes such as roasting chicken, vegetables, and even baking cakes. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly for different types of food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aried
  • chefmatula
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Suzy Englert