• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy/Quick Chicken Leg and Thigh Recipe

I'm gestational diabetic, so, I guess this one is out. Maybe afterwards....In summary, the conversation includes requests for quick and easy chicken recipes, suggestions for baked barbequed chicken and cranberry sauce chicken, and a discussion about using honey as a sugar substitute for those with diabetes. The conversation also mentions the use of Agave Nectar as a natural sweetener with a low glycemic index score.
jrstephens
I have these thawed for supper. I would love a new way to cook them. Something quick and easy and maybe have everything on had for-may be asking too much, ha! My husband would grill them for me, but I am not in the mood for grilled; and I am not suppose to be eating fried foods.

Any suggetions?

Baked Barbequed Chicken

Pour some Italian Dressing on them and bake them.

HONEY BAKED CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/4 cup prepared mustard
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon curry powder

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken pieces in a shallow baking pan, skin side up. Combine the melted butter or margarine, honey, mustard, salt and curry powder and pour the mixture over the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours (75 minutes), basting every 15 minutes with pan drippings, until the chicken is nicely browned and tender and the juices run clear.

CRANBERRY SAUCE CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS

* 6 chicken thighs
* 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
* 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian-style salad dressing
* 1 packet dry onion soup mix

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl combine the cranberry sauce, salad dressing and soup mix and mix well. Coat chicken pieces with this mixture.
3. Cover dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove cover for the last 15 minutes of baking time.

That Honey Baked Sounds good! I wonder how it would work in the microwave in the DCB to speed it up?

Do they make "sugar free" honey? HA!

I do chicken legs in the microwave & DCB for 15mins & they are for sure done. You have to watch depening on the size & bone or not. I just check the temp.

I usually do my chicken thighs in the dcb in the microwave for about 18minutes on high.

jrstephens said:
That Honey Baked Sounds good! I wonder how it would work in the microwave in the DCB to speed it up?

Do they make "sugar free" honey? HA!

If your using real honey, it's just honey, it doesn't have sugar in it. mmmmm honey!:blushing:

And I say "real" honey because recently my brother had some packets of honey sauce from KFC.... there is a lot of stuff in there and I don't know if any of it is honey! :eek:

pampermejolene said:
If your using real honey, it's just honey, it doesn't have sugar in it. mmmmm honey!:blushing:

And I say "real" honey because recently my brother had some packets of honey sauce from KFC.... there is a lot of stuff in there and I don't know if any of it is honey! :eek:

Thanks! I just asssumed it was full of sugar! HA! Anything good seems to be, ha!

Honey is still sugar - just not white granulated sugar. If you are diabetic, or sensitive to sugars, it still acts the same way in your system.

However, honey does have some nutritional/health benefits that white sugar doesn't have.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=96

ChefBeckyD said:
Honey is still sugar - just not white granulated sugar. If you are diabetic, or sensitive to sugars, it still acts the same way in your system.

However, honey does have some nutritional/health benefits that white sugar doesn't have.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=96

I'm gestational diabetic, so, I guess this one is out. Maybe afterwards....

I founda Paula Deen recipe I was going to try but my PICKY husband does not like the sound of it. UHHHHH-MEN!!!!:mad:

Hey Jennifer - have you heard of Agave Nectar? It is a natural sweetener that looks just like honey, tastes like sugar, and doesn't effect your blood sugar level. It has a very low glycemic index score.

My son is hypoglycemic, and we use this all the time for baking, on oatmeal and other hot cereals, to sweeten berries.....just about anything that calls for honey or sugar.

I used to only be able to buy it at health food stores, but it's now in the regular grocery stores with sugar/sugar substitutes.

We had omelets for supper tonight, and DH and DS had Agave nectar on toast with them!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Jennifer - have you heard of Agave Nectar? It is a natural sweetener that looks just like honey, tastes like sugar, and doesn't effect your blood sugar level. It has a very low glycemic index score.

My son is hypoglycemic, and we use this all the time for baking, on oatmeal and other hot cereals, to sweeten berries.....just about anything that calls for honey or sugar.

I used to only be able to buy it at health food stores, but it's now in the regular grocery stores with sugar/sugar substitutes.

We had omelets for supper tonight, and DH and DS had Agave nectar on toast with them!
I just noticed this at Trader Joes last weekend. What does it taste like? How does it compare to sugar in baking? I knew I should have just bought the bottle!!

Related to Easy/Quick Chicken Leg and Thigh Recipe

1. How long does it take to make this chicken leg and thigh recipe?

The total cook time for this recipe is about 45 minutes. However, it only takes about 10 minutes of prep time before it goes into the oven.

2. Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?

Yes, boneless chicken thighs can be used for this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly as boneless chicken cooks faster than bone-in chicken.

3. Can I use different seasonings for the chicken?

Absolutely! This recipe calls for a simple blend of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, but feel free to use your favorite seasonings or marinade for the chicken.

4. What sides would pair well with this chicken dish?

This chicken dish pairs well with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, rice, or a salad. You can also serve it with your favorite dipping sauce for added flavor.

5. Can I make this recipe in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this chicken dish in advance and reheat it. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or microwave when ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • jrstephens