• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Anyone?

In summary, Russell suggested it for supper and I do not want it out of the can. I have some left over egg noodles in the frig. And I have canned chicken or I could boil some breast. I need to run by the store after work to pick up what I need. I normally just look up a Paula Dean Recipe and go with it, but her's has too many ingredients to fool with today. I have decided to try to stretch my left overs instead of trashing them, ha! I am getting better at doing this! Jennifer~
jrstephens
Russell suggested it for supper and I do not want it out of the can. I have some left over egg noodles in the frig. And I have canned chicken or I could boil some breast. I need to run by the store after work to pick up what I need. I normally just look up a Paula Dean REcipe and go with it, but her's has too many ingredients to fool with today.

We have been passing the stomach virus around since Thursday. So far thankfully Cole has not gotten it, please, pray that he doesn't. I am at work today when I am normally off.

Need a recipe that is quick and easy b/c I still feel puny myself.

Thanks!

when I make mine I boil the chicken and add chopped onion and a bay leaf
While I'm shredding the chicken I add carrots & celery, and more chicken stock if needed
I thicken with a little cornstarch & add the noodles at the end

i just add whatever i have on hand,
chicken, celery (big enough so Dennis can pick that out), carrots, rice or noodles, chic broth, onion, parsley....you get the idea. ill even add corn or beans if i have it.
salt pepper

I just use chicken stock, onions, celery, carrots, fresh green beans and cooked chicken - you can also cook the chicken in the broth - add the noodles last if they are already cooked - pepper and salt to taste.

I usually use the chicken left over from oven stuffers - I litterally will pick off all the left over meat left on the skeleton of the chicken - this way we get two meals out of one. (my mom was the queen of this stuff when we were growing up!)

PamperedDor said:
I usually use the chicken left over from oven stuffers - I litterally will pick off all the left over meat left on the skeleton of the chicken - this way we get two meals out of one. (my mom was the queen of this stuff when we were growing up!)

I am getting better at doing this! I have decided to try to stretch my left overs instead of trashing them, ha! I normally cook enough hamburger meat for two meals at a time and an venturing into the same with chicken!

Jennifer~

To get the ablsolute MOST out of your chicken carcass, cover it with cold water, bring it to a boil, then IMMEDIATELY turn it down to just barely a simmer. Let it cook for an hour (obviously you aren't gonna do this today!!) and then cool. Because you didn't BOIL the water, you will have CLEAR chicken broth. Strain it, and pick out the meat. This will also release meat that you wouldn't have been able to get off the bones yourself. You can add chunked onion/celery/bay leaf when cooking, but discard them once done...they will be mush and all their flavor will be in the broth!

I agree with everyone's suggestions on a quick soup for tonight! Good luck to everyone and I pray Cole doesn't get it!

Thanks Everyone. I think I am going to do a variation of your suggetions and Paula Deen's recipe. I will let yall know tomorrow how it turns out!

It is flooding here right now thanks to Faye and I dread having to go to the store! And getting the kids in the car from the sitter's house!

It was very good!Ok here is what I done. And I had to use canned chicken b/c of all things for me to forget at the store....................you guessed it................................................the chicken, ha!

3 cans chicken broth
4 red potatos (I would use less next time)
1/2 bag of frozen veggies
1 can cream of chicken soup
Small thing of whipping cream
Salt and Pepper
Left over egg noodles
Added flour to thicken it some

Simmered it until the potatos were done. It was very good. Russell liked it too. It gotten really thick after it sat out, so, tonight for left overs I may add the other can of broth that I bought.

I will definitely make it again!!! Thanks to you all and Paula Deen!

1. Can I use store-bought chicken broth for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought chicken broth for this recipe. However, if you have the time, we recommend making your own broth for a richer and more flavorful soup.

2. What type of noodles should I use?

You can use any type of noodles you prefer for this recipe. Some popular choices are egg noodles, spaghetti, or even ramen noodles. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Can I use leftover cooked chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use leftover cooked chicken for this recipe. Simply shred or chop the chicken and add it to the soup during the last few minutes of cooking to heat it through.

4. Can I make this soup ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this soup ahead of time. Prepare the soup according to the recipe instructions, then let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.

5. Can I add vegetables to this soup?

Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and you can add any vegetables you like. Some popular options are carrots, celery, and peas. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for the added vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Dawn4
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Dawn4
  • kristina16marie