• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Classes as a Booking Tool

In summary, Trish is using Cooking Classes to boost her sales as well as acting as a booking agent. She has sent out emails, snail-mailed invitations, and targeted businesses as well as individuals. She is buying ingredients and has put together a list of instructions and outlines for the classes.
Trish1953
Silver Member
We are using Cooking Classes to boost our sales as well as acting as a booking agent. Here is the latest list of classes. I make sure to let people know that, if they can't attend, I can order them the products, as well as give them the recipes, instructions, etc. As an incentive, I've let them know that the first person who asks to be the host will get the extra 50% off (January Special). If someone books from their "class", I will give them free shipping. So far, interest has been high.

Attachments

• Trish January Classes 06.doc
    412.5 KB · Views: 672
Trish, this seems like a good idea. However, it sounds as though each student will be taking home free products (the information listed under the dip recipes, etc.).

Cooking classesThanks for your input. The classes are all $50.00, which pays for the products, etc. I've got that listed under each class. And, list the same information in emails, etc., I've sent out.

Cooking classes--coolTrish: This is so cool! I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate a cooking class into my biz....I think I may borrow your idea of the SuperBowl class and give it a try. I was also thinking of doing a Valentines Day something.....modifying your idea, I was considering having the guests make and decorate individual choc cakes. We would bake them in my mini stoneware fluted pan; then decorate and plastic-wrap them on a SA small square to take home. Their products would be the SA square, creative cutters set, and maybe a red silicone mitt to keep up the Val theme. (My brother in law just bought 2 of those mitts from me to keep on his boat, so it could make a neat guys gift package with the cake, huh?)

THANK YOU for the inspiration! Hope you'll keep us posted as to how it goes for you.

interestedI'm interested in this - do you pay for all the ingredients? Do they take home there own recipe made? Do you have their products in advance to make sure they them to take home? Hmmmm, my house is small, so I'd have to rent tables & do you let them use your products with the recipes? (ie. food chopper - I've made the Taco Dip, it uses many products) Do you call, email, write invites out?

I really like the idea & altered the recipes for me, but I need somemore imput, if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Currently I am buying ingredients as my chef husband gets a discount. I have been emailing and snail-mailing invites. I target not only individuals but also businesses (like realtors, child care schools, day spas, etc.) I have them pay ahead of time so I can have the products on hand. They then take home whatever they make in the class. I let them use my tools when appropriate. It gives a sense of comradarie to share. My house is also small. However, I have a kitchen island and a table that I can put two leafs in and a snack bar folks can work at. It's all very chummy but it makes for fun. I not only give them the recipe they make but one or two that have the same theme.

I will soon post my outlines/instruction lists.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Let me know if you need more. :)

Have you done many of these and are they successful? How often do you do them?
How many people do you usually have attending a cooking class?

This sounds great!

Myself & 2 other Consultants are having our first cooking show January 20th. We are having a Super Bowl theme by offering 2 recipes that they may choose from. We opted not have them make their ownrecipe, but can watch, as well as, help with demo.This will allow them to use the products. They can come to the cooking show, learn how the make the yummy Super Bowl recipes, then they can take home the student package of products to try for themselves. We found a place to rent that is big enough so we may do both demo's at once. We are also going to have samples too, so they may try the finished product.

We hope it is a success!

I tweeked Trish's flyer, attached is what we are using.

I'll keep you posted - I have 60 flyers to mail out, one side of my flyer promotes our cooking show, the otherside promotes my Mystery Host Show, so they have two shows to choose from.

I hope I get some bites!

Attachments

• cooking classes3.doc
    519 KB · Views: 649
  • Jan Mystery Host Flyer.doc
    264.5 KB · Views: 427

What are the benefits of hosting a cooking class as a booking tool?

Hosting a cooking class as a booking tool is a great way to introduce potential customers to our products and services. It allows them to see our products in action and experience the quality and convenience of Pampered Chef. Additionally, it can help you generate new leads and increase sales. It also provides a fun and interactive way to engage with customers and build relationships.

How do I get started with hosting a cooking class?

Getting started with hosting a cooking class is easy! Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a date and time. You can also choose to host the class in your home or virtually. Your consultant will provide all the necessary materials and guide you through the process.

Do I need any prior cooking experience to host a cooking class?

No, you do not need any prior cooking experience to host a cooking class. Our consultants will provide step-by-step instructions for each recipe and will be there to assist you throughout the class. It's a fun and stress-free way to learn new recipes and cooking techniques.

What types of cooking classes are available?

We offer a variety of cooking classes to fit different preferences and needs. This includes basic kitchen skills classes, specialized theme classes, and seasonal classes. You can also work with your consultant to create a custom class based on your interests or dietary restrictions.

Can I earn rewards for hosting a cooking class?

Absolutely! As a thank you for hosting a cooking class, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your class. This is a great way to stock up on your favorite Pampered Chef items or try out new products. Your consultant will provide more details on the rewards program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Adrian
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • MaggieChef13