• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Class Letter ~ Just Sent Out

In summary, the speaker is offering cooking classes and has already received interest from her Brownie troop. She plans to send out invitations to others, including her friends and daughter's friends. The classes will be held at her house and will include samples, recipes, and a list of cooking tools used. The cost will cover ingredients and there is a discount for holding your own cooking class or fundraiser. The speaker has dates set for December and January, but is open to suggestions for future classes.
its_me_susan
Since the winter months are wuickly approaching and I'd rather stay-in than go out, I decided to start offering my cooking classes. I just sent this out to my Brownie troop, and 5 minutes later I had my first sign up! I'm going to print these up on gingerbread stationery and send out to some of my friends and my daughter's friends. Might ask my temple to let me post them on bulletin boards too ~ What do you think?

Hi Ladies~
Please disregard this if you are not interested, and accept my apologies if somehow offends you (let me know and I'll take you off my class list). I'm going to be offering small cooking classes (limited to 6 students per class). If you are interested in a "Mother-daughter" or adult cooking class, let me know and we can schedule those too. I would LOVE to do some early or late morning adult groups ~ I'd treat you to breakfast or lunch, and we could make our dinners or get our baking done for the holidays together!

Class length will be 2 hours (Need to see if 90 minutes is enough time). Open to children 1st grade and up. Will be held at my house, unless you schedule me at yours. Cost will include ingredients, and children will bring home samples, recipes, and list of cooking tools used. You can have a 10% off discount on PC products the day of a class, or get a free class when you hold your own cooking, catalog/website or fundraiser! Sur La Table charges $65.

Dates & Class (First Come, First Serve):

~~~~~ Make and Decorate cookies: ~~~~~
Cookie press cookies & tuxedo Brownies - The cost is $30 per child, $50 for 2. ~
* Wednesday (early closing) December 6th, from 1-3pm
* Friday, December 8th from 3-5pm

~~~~~ Holiday Break - Cooking Camp! ~~~~~
Thursday, December 28th
* Morning class: 9am-11am Make your own breakfast (floral pancake cupcakes, eggs, fresh fruit)- $30

* Afternoon class: 1-3pm Make a stuffed bread (to bring home to bake) * must bring own flat stone, bar pan, or cookie sheet to bring home (you can preorder these if you'd like) - Cost $40 includes lesson and take home meal.

Do both for $65 ~ Give cooking classes as a gift?

~~~~~ January Class Dates ~~~~~
* Thursday, Jan. 11th, 3:30-5pm - $30.
We'll make calzones for them to take home (can preorder products, or send with cookie sheet with sides or stone bar pan)

* Wednesday (early closing), Jan. 17th from 1-3pm.
TBA - welcome suggestions

* Sunday, January 28th, from 1-3pm
TBA

* Monday, January 29th, from 1 to 3 - $40 Includes lesson & take home meal
Make dinner for your family to cook.

Please send me your feedback!
Susan :)

so say the thing about offending or disregarding. just offer it!

This is a great idea!I have a couple comments about it. First, DON'T open the letter with an apology! You want people to be excited about your classes!Second, I don't think I would mention what the other classes charge. You want them to be interested in you, not the competition. I think you are going to do great with this!Good luck,
Rachel

Wow! What a great idea!

Kris

Great idea, but make sure you an do this legally. Depending on where you are, you might need a "commercial kitchen" to do this sort of thing. And believe me, it's not as much fun as you would think to have to deal with health/sanitation departments!

PamperChefCarol said:
Great idea, but make sure you an do this legally. Depending on where you are, you might need a "commercial kitchen" to do this sort of thing. And believe me, it's not as much fun as you would think to have to deal with health/sanitation departments!

Have you had problems with this?

I'm not really worried since they will all be my kids' ages (playdates)? My neighbors have cars/parties all the time... not thinking they will mind. I live at the end of culdesac.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I hope some of my friends take me up on baking/cooking with them during the day! I'll make money and prep my dinner at the SAME time!

Great idea. Let us know how it goes.

its_me_susan said:
Have you had problems with this?

I'm not really worried since they will all be my kids' ages (playdates)? My neighbors have cars/parties all the time... not thinking they will mind. I live at the end of culdesac.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I hope some of my friends take me up on baking/cooking with them during the day! I'll make money and prep my dinner at the SAME time!

I am in Michigan, and being from a restaurant background I am always aware of situations that might create liability issues regarding food.

Please, take a second to check this out and make sure you can do this. If you can, it's a great idea! Good luck.

Here's my revision (see attached) - did 2 sides of adorable cookie stationery. I have 2 girls signed up already and a brownie troop interested in doing little patrols (groups of 4-6) with me!!! I sent out to about 50 people I know. Cross your fingers!

Last edited:
its_me_susan said:
Since the winter months are wuickly approaching and I'd rather stay-in than go out, I decided to start offering my cooking classes. I just sent this out to my Brownie troop, and 5 minutes later I had my first sign up! I'm going to print these up on gingerbread stationery and send out to some of my friends and my daughter's friends. Might ask my temple to let me post them on bulletin boards too ~ What do you think?

Hi Ladies~
Please disregard this if you are not interested, and accept my apologies if somehow offends you (let me know and I'll take you off my class list). I'm going to be offering small cooking classes (limited to 6 students per class). If you are interested in a "Mother-daughter" or adult cooking class, let me know and we can schedule those too. I would LOVE to do some early or late morning adult groups ~ I'd treat you to breakfast or lunch, and we could make our dinners or get our baking done for the holidays together!

Class length will be 2 hours (Need to see if 90 minutes is enough time). Open to children 1st grade and up. Will be held at my house, unless you schedule me at yours. Cost will include ingredients, and children will bring home samples, recipes, and list of cooking tools used. You can have a 10% off discount on PC products the day of a class, or get a free class when you hold your own cooking, catalog/website or fundraiser! Sur La Table charges $65.

Dates & Class (First Come, First Serve):

~~~~~ Make and Decorate cookies: ~~~~~
Cookie press cookies & tuxedo Brownies - The cost is $30 per child, $50 for 2. ~
* Wednesday (early closing) December 6th, from 1-3pm
* Friday, December 8th from 3-5pm

~~~~~ Holiday Break - Cooking Camp! ~~~~~
Thursday, December 28th
* Morning class: 9am-11am Make your own breakfast (floral pancake cupcakes, eggs, fresh fruit)- $30

* Afternoon class: 1-3pm Make a stuffed bread (to bring home to bake) * must bring own flat stone, bar pan, or cookie sheet to bring home (you can preorder these if you'd like) - Cost $40 includes lesson and take home meal.

Do both for $65 ~ Give cooking classes as a gift?

~~~~~ January Class Dates ~~~~~
* Thursday, Jan. 11th, 3:30-5pm - $30.
We'll make calzones for them to take home (can preorder products, or send with cookie sheet with sides or stone bar pan)

* Wednesday (early closing), Jan. 17th from 1-3pm.
TBA - welcome suggestions

* Sunday, January 28th, from 1-3pm
TBA

* Monday, January 29th, from 1 to 3 - $40 Includes lesson & take home meal
Make dinner for your family to cook.

Please send me your feedback!
Susan :)

My first class was a raging success! I had 4 kids plus my 2. I gave a "friend's discount" so only $20 per child. So well worth the time. I made cleaning up a part of it and they fought over who would wash and dry (had to take turns). lol.

My hospitality director found this kady who makes hierloom qualty gingerbread house sets for about $32. I'm getting one and going to have those classes too I think (will bake on stones and decorate with bottles ~ might be 2 day or extended day event). I'm so excited!!!

look www.sweetdomestics.com

The website is tricky so click on odd spots

Some of the profits from the sale of the Spicebrook Forest Gingerbread House kits will go to benefit my friend Bernadine Anderson's non-profit organization www.Bridge2Peace.org. Bernadine is originally from Sri Lanka. After the Tsunami, Bernadine's governement gave her three acres of land to start a Montessori school in an area that was badly devastated by the tsunami. Bernadine has operated a Montessori school in Sri Lanka for about 10 or more years, and has had one in Farmington Connecticut too called the Farmington Academy. In March of this year Bridge2Peace opened their new school as part of their Tsunami relief efforts

Here is a link to the article that appeared on the front page of the food section of the Hartford Courant on Thursday November 30th, about my product and myself.

http://www.courant.com/features/food/hc-gingerbread.artnov30,0,3917589.story?coll=hc-headlines-custom2

That would be a great idea! Good luck with that!

1. What is the purpose of the "Cooking Class Letter"?

The "Cooking Class Letter" is a way for Pampered Chef consultants to invite customers to their cooking classes, share information about the class menu and products used, and provide details about how to RSVP and attend the class. It is an effective marketing tool for consultants to promote their business and increase sales.

2. How often should I send out the "Cooking Class Letter"?

It is recommended to send out the "Cooking Class Letter" at least 2 weeks before the scheduled cooking class. This allows enough time for customers to plan and RSVP for the class. However, some consultants also send out a reminder email or letter a few days before the class to ensure maximum attendance.

3. Can I customize the "Cooking Class Letter" for my specific class and products?

Yes, the "Cooking Class Letter" is fully customizable. You can add your own logo, personalize the message, and include information about the specific menu and products that will be featured in your cooking class. This allows you to tailor the letter to your unique audience and promote the products you are most excited about.

4. Do I need to include any disclaimers or disclosures in the "Cooking Class Letter"?

As a consultant, it is important to always be transparent and follow all legal guidelines. If you are advertising any special offers or promotions in the "Cooking Class Letter", make sure to include any necessary disclaimers or disclosures. It is also a good idea to include a brief statement about your role as an independent consultant for Pampered Chef.

5. Can I use the "Cooking Class Letter" for virtual cooking classes?

Yes, the "Cooking Class Letter" can be used for both in-person and virtual cooking classes. You can provide details about the platform and any necessary instructions for customers to join the virtual class. You can also include links to product pages on the Pampered Chef website for customers to easily purchase any products used in the class.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish1953
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cwcollins
Replies
Views
ragschef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies