• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbook Fundraiser Paper Work!

In summary, the speaker has decided to consolidate all the information for the Cookbook fundraiser into one place. They are open to feedback and suggestions from others and will be making changes as needed. They also mention the availability of a workbook for taxes and donations. Another person thanks them for their work and makes a suggestion about changing the submission date for sales. The speaker responds and jokes about marriage. There is also excitement about a feature in P3 that automatically calculates charitable donations. The speaker then expresses confusion about how to present the fundraiser to different groups and how to account for shipping and taxes. They also mention talking to three interested groups.
PCwithStay-C
I have decided since the Cookbook fundraise was getting so long with so much going on I would post these in one place where everyone could find them.

Please feel free to PM me if I did something wrong :p I will be tweaking these a little as I see fit so pop in to see any new or updated forms.

Also if there is something in particular that you want made up for this fundraiser, just let me know and Ill see what I can do :D

(the cookbook.zip is the work sheet for taxes, donations and the like. if you cant get it from here, just email me and ill send the xl file directly to you)

Attachments

• Blank Fundraiser Prospect Letter with pics and kick off show.doc
    412.5 KB · Views: 700
  • Blank Fundraiser Prospect Letter with pics and personal info.doc
    412.5 KB · Views: 463
  • Cookbook.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 324
  • Cookbook Fundraiser Cheat Sheet.doc
    63 KB · Views: 553
  • Cookbook fundraiser order form.doc
    123 KB · Views: 530
Thank you so much for putting these together. The one suggestion I would add is to change the date for all sales must be submitted. I know personally I am going to give my son's preschool until the second week in Oct. I just think it is too risky to give them until the very last day. But that's just me.

you should be able to change that when you save it on your computer? I think!! Im sure everyone is going to want different days to close the fundraisers.

Thank you so much for making those! They look great. I can't wait to get this started.

Stacey-will you marry me?:) Oh yeah, I forgot about the hubby....;) I love when someone is as organized and thoughtful as I want to be when I grow up! Great job!

I'm SO excited about the charitable donation line in P3! I was messing around with it today just to see how the donation line worked. If we just enter the total donation amount after shipping/tax, it will automatically print on their receipts as a charitable donation without me having to hand-write a thing. Woohoo! :balloon:

great job..thanks bunches
I am still in the old version of PP as there has been a glitch in my program and tech support has been working with me ever since it launched and we still haven't been able to have me convert over!!! ughhhhh
Guess I will work that out!
I am still a bit mixed up on exactly how we are presenting this to groups. I talked, already, to 3 different groups who really want to jump on this and are just waiting for me to get all the paperwork in place. I wanted to originally say to them, "our cookbooks are on special in Sept for 10.00 each...but originally sell for 14.75. So, your group can make a flat out $5.00 off of each cookbook by selling them for 15.00 or 16.00 a piece to your customers. This price will include both tax and shipping on each book."
But, I know if "grandma doe" orders 1 cookbook from little Johnny and pays 16.00 for it, 4.00 of that has to go to shipping and .63 cents goes to tax, so how are we offering 5.00 profit on the book? (as their donation). I can see if "Grandma Doe" orders 2 books, then 4.00 shipping doesn;t really have to be taken off of the second book, so is that the reality of all of this?
And am I correct in saying that we can't put Little Johnny's orders all on one order form (initially, for order taking) and only charge the 4.00 shipping once?

chefmeg said:
Stacey-will you marry me?:) Oh yeah, I forgot about the hubby....;) I love when someone is as organized and thoughtful as I want to be when I grow up! Great job!

HEHE yeah I dont think hubby would be too pleased :p hehehe

Thanks everyone, Im glad I can help :) and I really hope to hear how well everyones fundraisers go

LibrarianChef said:
I'm SO excited about the charitable donation line in P3! I was messing around with it today just to see how the donation line worked. If we just enter the total donation amount after shipping/tax, it will automatically print on their receipts as a charitable donation without me having to hand-write a thing. Woohoo! :balloon:

That is cool. I saw the donation part, but didnt even think to use it! Good Idea :thumbup:

karlene said:
I am still a bit mixed up on exactly how we are presenting this to groups. I talked, already, to 3 different groups who really want to jump on this and are just waiting for me to get all the paperwork in place. I wanted to originally say to them, "our cookbooks are on special in Sept for 10.00 each...but originally sell for 14.75. So, your group can make a flat out $5.00 off of each cookbook by selling them for 15.00 or 16.00 a piece to your customers. This price will include both tax and shipping on each book."
But, I know if "grandma doe" orders 1 cookbook from little Johnny and pays 16.00 for it, 4.00 of that has to go to shipping and .63 cents goes to tax, so how are we offering 5.00 profit on the book? (as their donation). I can see if "Grandma Doe" orders 2 books, then 4.00 shipping doesn;t really have to be taken off of the second book, so is that the reality of all of this?
The original idea was to do the fundraiser how you explained it here, but HO put a nix on that. If you take a look at the cheat sheet i posted you will see that the donation amount vary for however many cookbooks are bought. Your donation amounts will also vary depending on your state tax amounts too.
karlene said:
And am I correct in saying that we can't put Little Johnny's orders all on one order form (initially, for order taking) and only charge the 4.00 shipping once?
No you cant do this. Every customer must have their own seperate order, pay their own shipping and get their own receipt. This is the way HO wants it handled and the way that is best in line with our policies.I hope Ive helped a little :)

Last edited:
PCwithStay-C said:
I have decided since the Cookbook fundraise was getting so long with so much going on I would post these in one place where everyone could find them.

Please feel free to PM me if I did something wrong :p I will be tweaking these a little as I see fit so pop in to see any new or updated forms.

Also if there is something in particular that you want made up for this fundraiser, just let me know and Ill see what I can do :D

(the cookbook.zip is the work sheet for taxes, donations and the like. if you cant get it from here, just email me and ill send the xl file directly to you)

Thank you Stacey!!!!

Without having to burn through that gigantic thread... was it established that we can offer just (only) the cookbooks then?

fundraiser cookbooksOK...one last crazy question...then I promise I'll leave it alone.
So, if every customer were to order just one cookbook (hypothetically) and they have decided as a group that they are charging 16.00 a book to cover shipping, tax, and the donation, (for us here that would come to 14.63) (10.00 guest special price, plus .63 cents tax, plus 4.00 shipping) then the group would make $1.37 on each book. (plus the 10% -15% total for the fundraiser when it's all said and done?) right?

yes karlene .. but its very unlikely that everyone will only order one cookbook :) hopefully not at least!

its_me_susan said:
Thank you Stacey!!!!

Without having to burn through that gigantic thread... was it established that we can offer just (only) the cookbooks then?

Actually Susan from all the different responses it sounded like HO wanted us to offer the whole catalogue!!
So for this I am going to adjust the order form (just havent yet, sorry!) to say the people can also order online at the website under the org's name. Plus if the organisation pushes it, they get a bigger profit margin since they are also getting their 10-15% from the fundraiser.

karlene said:
OK...one last crazy question...then I promise I'll leave it alone.
So, if every customer were to order just one cookbook (hypothetically) and they have decided as a group that they are charging 16.00 a book to cover shipping, tax, and the donation, (for us here that would come to 14.63) (10.00 guest special price, plus .63 cents tax, plus 4.00 shipping) then the group would make $1.37 on each book. (plus the 10% -15% total for the fundraiser when it's all said and done?) right?

Yes Karlene, thats right. If you are presenting this and they balk at it cause of the low amount for one cookbook (although like Laurie said, very doubtful!!) consider using the idea from LibrarianChef and make the first cookbook a higher price. Then if they buy 2 or more then it would be the regular $16. Would make the profit margin a little higher. And also dont forget to tell the organisations that they will also be getting the 10-15% from total sales.

its_me_susan said:

I spoke with a HO manager who told me, after speaking to HER superior, that this could specifically be a cookbook fundraiser. I called again and spoke with Field Services and was told the same thing. I won't be advertising for people to participate in the fundraiser through my PWS and I don't plan on sending around catalogs. Buying the cookbooks on PWS might really confuse matters even if it more easily opened up cookbooks to long-distance family/friends. It would be a lot of extra phone calls on my dime to explain why I'm charging their CC more than what their checkout page said they would be charged. I'm donating my ENTIRE commission to my first organization which leaves me very little $$ to play with, unfortunately. :eek: So an extra 50+ long distance phone calls and payment adjustments could be a nightmare for my family, time-wise (especially when there's no income).

If this organization decides to move forward with this FUNdraiser (they've expressed a strong interest) I will put my name and contact information on all forms for anyone interested in hosting a show or making an outside order for all other PC product and I will probably have business cards (tear-able) on an attached page. I guess that means I'll be offering other PC items, but I won't be promoting them as part of the cookbook fundraiser. Since HO will pay the organization $3 for every booked show, this will definitely help the group out! :D

PCwithStay-C said:
That is cool. I saw the donation part, but didnt even think to use it! Good Idea :thumbup:

I really like it. So I can email the entire set of pdf receipts to this organization, as well as the back warranty page, and run up there to print all of the official receipts at one time and not have to hand-write a thing. I just love P3!!!! :love:

PCwithStay-C said:
Yes Karlene, thats right. If you are presenting this and they balk at it cause of the low amount for one cookbook (although like Laurie said, very doubtful!!) consider using the idea from LibrarianChef and make the first cookbook a higher price. Then if they buy 2 or more then it would be the regular $16. Would make the profit margin a little higher. And also dont forget to tell the organisations that they will also be getting the 10-15% from total sales.

Why are we allowed to encourage organizations to "sell" our cookbooks at a higher price?

katie0128 said:
Why are we allowed to encourage organizations to "sell" our cookbooks at a higher price?

We arent selling the cookbooks at a higher price. The extra is a donation that goes to the organisation.

WOW! Did you guys see that HO put out a fairly detailed response on Cooking Show Fundraisers in the Weekly Bites email that comes out each week? Again, they outline that all buying guest must pay sales tax and shipping. They even bolded the part about each customer receiving an official sales receipt. It's kind of a relief to see everyone getting on the same page and a public announcement to all consultants.

WeeklyBites said:
As we approach peak fundraising time for schools and organizations, we want to remind you about the Fundraiser guidelines that are outlined in the online Policies and Procedures. A Fundraiser is essentially a Cooking Show for a select group with special advantages:

Each customer can order from a wide range of products. Fundraisers provide an enjoyable way for a club or group members to interact. No extra time is needed for door-to-door or special event sales. The difference between a Fundraiser Show and a Cooking Show is that for a Fundraiser Show, instead of the host receiving free, half-price and discounted products, the organization receives a cash contribution from The Pampered Chef®. Based on sales, a contribution of 10-15 percent is made directly to the organization.

The chairperson for the organization's fundraiser is considered the host. All buying guests must pay sales tax and shipping. You must provide each guest with an official sales receipt when her/his order is placed, because it includes legal information about consumer rights on the reverse side.

Remember to highlight the Monthly Guest Special to increase attendance at Cooking Show Fundraisers. Higher attendance means higher sales which equals a larger donation to their organization!

For more information, please refer to page F5 in the Policies and Procedure guidelines on Consultant's Corner. To access Policies and Procedures directly, click here:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/policies_procedures.pdf

LibrarianChef said:
WOW! Did you guys see that HO put out a fairly detailed response on Cooking Show Fundraisers in the Weekly Bites email that comes out each week? Again, they outline that all buying guest must pay sales tax and shipping. They even bolded the part about each customer receiving an official sales receipt. It's kind of a relief to see everyone getting on the same page and a public announcement to all consultants.

I havent had a chance to read it yet, but Im glad they put it in there. Guess it will be easier than the 4000 phone calls theyve been and will keep getting :p

katie0128 said:

It's a good question. Many of us thought this wouldn't work for that very reason. We were concerned that it might appear that the organization is buying these books at $10 and piece and selling them for $15. That's why may of us wrote in and called in to ask for specifics. HO said that the organization may ask for an additional donation amount per book (we can use the donation line in P3 or add it in at the bottom of the receipt) as long as it is made CLEAR to each buyer exactly how the sale is broken down and what money is going where. The HO manager I spoke with said this is extremely important because if they return their cookbook during their one year warranty, they must know they will only get back their $10 + tax because their additional donation amount went to the organization doing the fundraiser. This is also why they must each receive an individual receipt.

For example:

Sally Jones buys one cookbook at $16:

Cookbook $10
Shipping $ 4
Tax $ .98
Donation: $ 1.02 THANK YOU!
Total paid: $16.00

John Smith buys three cookbooks at $16/piece:
Cookbooks $30
Shipping $ 4.00
Tax $ 2.38
Donation: $11.62 THANK YOU!
Total paid: $48.00

LibrarianChef said:
It's a good question. Many of us thought this wouldn't work for that very reason. We were concerned that it might appear that the organization is buying these books at $10 and piece and selling them for $15. That's why may of us wrote in and called in to ask for specifics. HO said that the organization may ask for an additional donation amount per book (we can use the donation line in P3 or add it in at the bottom of the receipt) as long as it is made CLEAR to each buyer exactly how the sale is broken down and what money is going where. The HO manager I spoke with said this is extremely important because if they return their cookbook during their one year warranty, they must know they will only get back their $10 + tax because their additional donation amount went to the organization doing the fundraiser. This is also why they must each receive an individual receipt.

For example:

Cookbook $10
Shipping $ 4
Tax $ .98

Cookbooks $30
Shipping $ 4.00
Tax $ 2.38

Thanks LibrarianChef, I have an answer just like that on the other thread....jsut too lazy to search :blushing:

karlene said:

This was my concern too because our sales tax here is 7.75% so they would hardley be making anything if everyone only bought one cookbook!:( I'm wanting to do this through my church. We'll see how it goes...

LibrarianChef said:

For example:

Cookbook $10
Shipping $ 4
Tax $ .98

Cookbooks $30
Shipping $ 4.00
Tax $ 2.38

So the organization can "sell" the cookbooks for any amount ($16 in your example), provided it is clear that the $ above the $10+tax+shipping is a donation directly to the organization, correct? THAT makes more sense!!! Thanks for the detailed explaination!

karlene said:

Christ Follower said:
This was my concern too because our sales tax here is 7.75% so they would hardley be making anything if everyone only bought one cookbook!:( I'm wanting to do this through my church. We'll see how it goes...

Here is my resonse to this question.
Thats right. If you are presenting this and they balk at it cause of the low amount for one cookbook (although like Laurie said, very doubtful!!) consider using the idea from LibrarianChef and make the first cookbook a higher price. Then if they buy 2 or more then it would be the regular $16. Would make the profit margin a little higher. And also dont forget to tell the organisations that they will also be getting the 10-15% from total sales.

katie0128 said:
So the organization can "sell" the cookbooks for any amount ($16 in your example), provided it is clear that the $ above the $10+tax+shipping is a donation directly to the organization, correct? THAT makes more sense!!! Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Right. They are actually selling the cookbooks for the $10 September special price. Most of us are doing this in the month of October so that there's no confusion on price for those attending home shows. As long as we start the fundraiser on September 30th and close it before October 31st, it will qualify for the September guest special. Then the organization must show customers that it's $10 + $4 + tax + donation to the non-profit organization (we will provide them with a cheat sheet so that it's easy to figure). Then the customer will get a tax deduction receipt for donating to a non-profit organization.

Christ Follower said:

Yep, and in Texas it's 8.25%. :eek: :yuck:

Could you please send me the cookbook zip file? I am not able to open it.
Thank you

LibrarianChef said:
Yep, and in Texas it's 8.25%. :eek: :yuck:

Yikes!!! Makes me think that Cincinnati's 6.5% isn't so bad!

In chattanooga TN it is 9.25%!!!!

ChefShannon just pointed something out to me that we should probably make sure everyone understands (she called HO just to make sure). The donation box in P3 is actually for RUFTH. So if you want to enter the donation amount there for receipt printing, that's great. But BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR SHOWS do NOT FORGET to erase that amount. If you don't erase it, PC will expect that amount to be sent with your order and donated to RUFTH and they'll deduct it from your debit card number. :eek:

I've tested it out and it prints beautifully as a "charitable donation" so I'll use that for each receipt. Then I'll save them as pdfs and go back and erase that one line in each order before submitting. It's still worth it to me to not have to go in and hand-write all donation amounts. :)

THANK YOU, SHANNON!!!! :love:

Kodeysmom said:
In chattanooga TN it is 9.25%!!!!

OH MY! :eek: Do you have to pay tax on shipping in TN, too? I hate that they have to here. :( But I guess it's that way in most states.

Hmm, does any one have the cheat sheet done for CA or 7.75% tax rate? Thanks!

LibrarianChef said:
ChefShannon just pointed something out to me that we should probably make sure everyone understands (she called HO just to make sure). The donation box in P3 is actually for RUFTH. So if you want to enter the donation amount there for receipt printing, that's great. But BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR SHOWS do NOT FORGET to erase that amount. If you don't erase it, PC will expect that amount to be sent with your order and donated to RUFTH and they'll deduct it from your debit card number. :eek:

I've tested it out and it prints beautifully as a "charitable donation" so I'll use that for each receipt. Then I'll save them as pdfs and go back and erase that one line in each order before submitting. It's still worth it to me to not have to go in and hand-write all donation amounts. :)

THANK YOU, SHANNON!!!! :love:
You are SOOOO welcome!!! I am just glad we found out before it was too late!!!:) :love:

okay i have looked but has anyone come up with a letter to send home with parents, organization to pass out with order sheets, etc?

kodeysmom .. there is a sheet on the first page of the cookbook fundraiser thread ... its from a school to send home to parents/supporters.

Kodeysmom said:
okay i have looked but has anyone come up with a letter to send home with parents, organization to pass out with order sheets, etc?

Nope...sorry!! I had to take a break from the cookbook forms for a while!! I was starting to have nightmares about cookbooks :p

I will try and work on one tonite, Ill take a look at the one Laurie mentioned and see what I can put together!!

1. What is the purpose of the cookbook fundraiser paperwork?

The cookbook fundraiser paperwork serves as a record-keeping tool for tracking taxes, donations, and other important information related to the fundraiser. It helps to ensure that all necessary information is organized and easily accessible.

2. What does the cookbook.zip file contain?

The cookbook.zip file contains an Excel worksheet that can be used to track taxes, donations, and other information related to the fundraiser. It is a useful tool for keeping all important data in one place.

3. How do I obtain the cookbook.zip file?

You can obtain the cookbook.zip file by downloading it from the designated location or by requesting it from a Pampered Chef representative. If you are unable to access the file, you can also email a representative for direct assistance.

4. Can I request custom forms for the fundraiser?

Yes, if there is a specific form or document that you need for the fundraiser, you can request it from a Pampered Chef representative. They will do their best to accommodate your request and provide you with the necessary materials.

5. What do I do if I have questions or need help with the paperwork?

If you have any questions or need assistance with the fundraiser paperwork, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef representative for support. They will be happy to help you and provide guidance to ensure that everything is completed accurately and efficiently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gloria&Emily
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Gloria&Emily
Replies
Views
tfinetwins
Replies
Views
peichef