• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering Opening a Children's Gym? Expert Advice and Market Potential

In summary, people who own established gymnastics gyms say that it is a lot of money to risk, but could be a successful business. They also say that it takes a lot of training and experience to run a successful gymnastics gym. Parents who are thinking of starting their own gymnastics gym should consider whether they have the training and experience necessary to make it a success.
Kanne
Hi everyone. I need your thoughts. I'm thinking about opening a Children's Gym, like Gymboree or The Little Gym or My Gym. We don't have one in my area and I really feel like there is a big market for it. It's a big financial investment, of course, and a risk, but I think it could work. The great thing about the established franchises is they have so much expertise and do so much training and it's practically a proven formula. But, it's a lot of money to risk and what will I do if it doesn't work out?

Tell me what you think...

Not sure if things have changed or not but Gymboree wont let your own children in the gym. That might be something to think about.

I say though that if you have the money to start it, give it a chance.

Do you need any special training for it? That would rule me out. I don't think being the mother of 4 kids automatically qualifies me. It should though!

We have about 4 of those type of places in a 15 mile radius here and they are ALL doing very well!

I have two girlfriends that recently opened gymnastics gyms. They are independent gyms, and they are geared towards gymnastics, but they're focusing on preschoolers and are both doing very well. People love to have things for their kids to do!

I came very close to opening a Gymboree before I went with PC instead. I was very ready to go until I read through the manual and saw that my own children were not allowed on the premesis. Alot of the Gymboree owners have 5 or more franchises, some over 10! I phoned several of them to find out how they were able to handle so many. I figured that if they could keep that many Gymboree's going, I could surely do it and still be a good mom. They all told me to get a nanny, ensuring me that I wouldn't be able to pull it off without a nanny. It just didn't make sense to me to play with other people's children while mine were with a nanny...

Anyway, about 2 years ago, Little Gym opened here and I can see it's more versatile than Gymboree as it offers many different types of programs and is for a wider age range. It went out of business already!!

And here I am still going strong with Pampered Chef. No, I'm not making my goal of $350,000/year, but I'm surviving. Did you know that Gymboree was an $80,000-$100,000 investment??!! How long do you work for free to pay for that?

Paige Dixon said:
I came very close to opening a Gymboree before I went with PC instead. I was very ready to go until I read through the manual and saw that my own children were not allowed on the premesis. Alot of the Gymboree owners have 5 or more franchises, some over 10! I phoned several of them to find out how they were able to handle so many. I figured that if they could keep that many Gymboree's going, I could surely do it and still be a good mom. They all told me to get a nanny, ensuring me that I wouldn't be able to pull it off without a nanny. It just didn't make sense to me to play with other people's children while mine were with a nanny...

Anyway, about 2 years ago, Little Gym opened here and I can see it's more versatile than Gymboree as it offers many different types of programs and is for a wider age range. It went out of business already!!

And here I am still going strong with Pampered Chef. No, I'm not making my goal of $350,000/year, but I'm surviving. Did you know that Gymboree was an $80,000-$100,000 investment??!! How long do you work for free to pay for that?
Is the Little Gym expensive? We have one in the next town over.

How crazy that you can't have your own kids there!! Paige, I think I would have laughed at the person telling me that I would need to hire a nanny so that I could run a business centered around children! Starting your own business is about flexibility to make your own choices.

Related to Considering Opening a Children's Gym? Expert Advice and Market Potential

1. How much space do I need to open a children's gym?

The amount of space needed for a children's gym can vary depending on the specific activities and equipment you plan to offer. However, a general rule of thumb is to have at least 100 square feet per child. This will allow enough room for children to safely move around and participate in various exercises and games.

2. Do I need any special qualifications or certifications to open a children's gym?

It is important to have a background in child development, physical education, or fitness training before opening a children's gym. Additionally, obtaining certifications such as CPR and first aid can also be beneficial. It is also a good idea to research any local licensing or certification requirements for operating a children's gym in your area.

3. What age range should my children's gym cater to?

The ideal age range for a children's gym is typically between 2-12 years old. However, you may choose to focus on a specific age group or offer classes and activities for a wider range of ages. It is important to consider the developmental needs and abilities of children within your chosen age range when designing your programs and activities.

4. How much does it cost to open a children's gym?

The cost of opening a children's gym can vary greatly depending on factors such as location, size, and equipment needed. On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000 for start-up costs. It is important to create a detailed budget and research potential funding options, such as loans or grants, to cover these costs.

5. What types of activities should I offer at my children's gym?

The types of activities you offer at your children's gym will depend on your target age range and the interests of your community. Some popular options include structured classes such as gymnastics, dance, or martial arts, as well as open play areas with equipment like climbing structures, trampolines, and obstacle courses. It is also important to incorporate educational and developmental activities, such as sensory play and arts and crafts, into your programming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laylaleigh
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
missiemom
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy