• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering an Open House? Get Expert Opinions and Tips Here!

In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of having an open house while the person is visiting their parents during a vacation. This could potentially be a great opportunity to showcase new products and generate interest in recruiting and booking shows. However, there is some hesitation about committing to working during the vacation and the uncertainty of the event's success. Suggestions are given to advertise the new products and to consider hosting a mystery host party instead of an open house. Reminder calls and follow-ups are also emphasized as important for the event's success.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I am considering having an open house. To make a long story short, I do alot of shows in my parents part of the state, 3 hours away, since the weather has been unpredictable lately I have not had as many shows. My family will be going there during our kid's spring break(cheap vacation). I thought about having an open house while I was there. I have never done an open house and have read through the posts about them. I like the idea of doing a drawing for a $50 shopping spree, etc. This could potentially go really well, or be a total disaster. I wanted to get your thoughts of whether or not I should do this. I am having trouble having people over there commit to shows right now, and don't know if I am all that excited about working every day of my vacations.
What are your thoughts and suggestions on what would be best? You guys are the greatest for pushing me in the right direction.

I think it sounds like a great idea. Be sure to whip up lots of excitement about seeing new products, tasting new recipes, etc.

I think it sounds like a great idea! Great way to show off the new spring catty!

Maybe with doing this you can also spark some interest for recruiting and starting a team there since it is a 3 hour drive. Or get some bookings maybe for spring or summer when your kids could visit again!

HTH-
Kelly :))

Def. advertise the new spring products. Maybe have a drawing to win one of the new spring products.

Well, I just finished a list..just to see how many orders I have gotten from there with their contact infor on the order form. This doesn't count people I went to school with that I haven't spoken to in years. I already have 80 names. That is a little overwhelming. I do have one show for my SIL while I am there, so I am not even putting the people I know she will be inviting on the list!!! Now I'm scared!

Deep breaths! Just think of this as a really intimate fair/festival.

You are correct, open houses are 'hit or miss'.

I have not had one, but I did host mystery host shows last August. I held one on Saturday evening and one on Sunday afternoon. That way the guests had a choice as to which show would work for them. I thought that worked very well. About half the guest came on Saturday night and the other half on Sunday afternoon. If I did not offer both dates, I would have had half the crowd.

The best advice I can give is you will need to host coach yourself. If you want the guests to attend, you will need to invite them and then place reminder calls to all.

Lisa

I wouldn't call it an open house. That means people will come and go as they please or not commit to coming at all. Call it a Mystery Host party and give away the host benefits or something like that.

Definitely make reminder calls and follow up with EVERYONE!

What are the benefits of hosting an open house?

Hosting an open house allows you to showcase our products and demonstrate their use to potential customers. It also provides a more personal and interactive shopping experience for guests.

Do I need to provide food and drinks for the open house?

While it's not required, offering light refreshments can make the event more inviting and create a relaxed atmosphere for guests to socialize and browse our products.

How do I invite people to my open house?

You can invite people through various methods such as sending out physical invitations, creating a Facebook event, or simply spreading the word through word-of-mouth. We also provide customizable invitation templates for our consultants.

What should I prepare before the open house?

In addition to setting up a display of our products, it's also important to have product information and order forms readily available. You may also want to plan some icebreaker activities to engage with your guests.

What are some tips for a successful open house?

Some tips for a successful open house include promoting the event beforehand, creating a welcoming and inviting atmosphere, being knowledgeable about our products, and following up with guests after the event to encourage future sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefHeidiD
  • robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
robochick84
  • pampered2007