• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Computer "Geek" Desperately Needed

In summary, Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. The error reading was "sub main error 3197." After waiting 25 minutes on tech support, they were not able to figure out the problem and said it may have been from their end or not. They said there was no way to try and install PP on another computer and start over. Because of this problem, the backup and all of the information wasn't able to transfer over to PP3.
kreaser
Gold Member
Help!!!! I am about to scream..actually I sat and had a good cry for about an hour! I had 5 shows all just about closed out and ready to go last evening. My sales were going to be over 4200.00...best in a long time! Around 9:30pm my PP (yes, I still use the old version) had an error reading:
sub main error 3197.
Microsoft Jet database egine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time: line 400
Long story short..called tech support right away...waited 25 minutes...was on with them up until 12:47pm....no luck...they couldn't figure out problem and if was from my end or not..they said they didn't think I could get an extension for deadline. By that time there was no way to try and install PP on another computer and start all over entering these shows...2 were over 1,000 each. I am soooo stressed! If anyone has any clue please advise...I have 9 years worth of info in there...somehow the backup and all isn't responding either. It's been one heck of a birthday..!

It's a long shot, but you could try installing P3 and import the PP backup data. Maybe the data would show up in P3.

Best of luck!

thanks for the suggestion...we already did try this...by some miraculous way, last nite my shows dated back to the year 2003 all the way up to august 2007 did transfer over to PP3...don't know why Sept. through Feb. didn't. Still trying some things...have been googling all day to find things related to the error reading...Just praying that if I can get it going that PC will honor my sales for Feb. still...
thanks for the help

I took a look on the Microsoft site, and it sounds like its an issue with record locking when the program opens the database. Because of the type of program PP is, it opens the database in exclusive mode. But somehow yours got confused and opened as if there were 2 or more active users. But there isn't programming in place to account for multiple users (locking records). So the database sends an error to the program that "I can't do that because another user might have the same record open." Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for the problem. I hope you can get it straightened out.

Hi there! I am so sorry to hear about the technical difficulties you are experiencing with your Pampered Chef software. I can only imagine how frustrating and stressful it must be to have your hard work and potential sales at risk. I would highly recommend reaching out to your Pampered Chef consultant support team for assistance. They have a wealth of knowledge and resources to help troubleshoot and resolve any issues you may be having. They may also be able to provide you with an extension for your deadline if needed. In the meantime, try not to stress too much. Remember, you are a skilled and experienced consultant, and even if things don't go as planned, you are still providing valuable products and services to your customers. Keep a positive attitude and things will work out in the end. Best of luck, and happy birthday!

What does a "computer geek" do?

A "computer geek" is someone who is highly skilled and knowledgeable about computers, often in areas such as programming, troubleshooting, and building systems. They can also specialize in specific areas such as cybersecurity or data analytics.

Why is a "computer geek" desperately needed?

In today's highly digital world, technology plays a crucial role in almost every aspect of our lives. As a result, the demand for individuals with advanced computer skills and knowledge is constantly increasing. Many businesses and organizations rely on "computer geeks" to keep their systems running smoothly and efficiently.

What are the essential skills of a "computer geek"?

Some essential skills of a "computer geek" include strong problem-solving abilities, a deep understanding of computer hardware and software, knowledge of coding languages, and the ability to constantly learn and adapt to new technologies.

What kind of education or training is required to become a "computer geek"?

There is no one set path to becoming a "computer geek," but most individuals in this field have a strong background in computer science, information technology, or a related field. Many also gain experience through internships, self-study, and certifications.

What are some common job titles for "computer geeks"?

Some common job titles for "computer geeks" include software engineer, information security analyst, system administrator, data analyst, and web developer. However, there are many other job titles and roles that someone with advanced computer skills can pursue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Dianneskitchen
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie