• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Show Deadline: Submitting July Orders in August - What You Need to Know

In summary, the catalog host did not turn in a show and did not reply to any calls or emails from the customer. The customer tried to reach her multiple times and when she did, the host stated she had orders but never mentioned a closing date. The customer gave up and never received anything. If the customer never spoke of a closing date, the customer may have to honor the batter bowls.
heat123
Silver Member
I had a catalog host who I didn't think was going to turn in a show since she started it in July and never returned any of my calls or emails.

Well being that it's now August 29, isn't there a date limit where I can submit for a certain month? Meaning do I have to submit a July show by the end of August to receive the guest special for that month of July??

She calls me today stating she finally has a show to turn in and the guests want the July Batter bowl.:confused: but she still needs to collect more orders for it to reach $150!:eek: with 1 day left to submit it??!!! HELP!

July shows need to be submitted by the end of August.

Unless it is in by mid night tonightShe and her guests are SOL. So if she insists on her guests getting the Small Batter Bowls, she will have to order each of her guests that earned them one. Or it has to be in before midnight tonight via electronic transmission.
If you are not using PP and electronic connection, there is no way then at all.

I agree HER fault! its rude & not your problem you called her several times so just tell her polietly i tried to reach you & unfortunately PC doesnt let a show last over a month! dumbass LOL sry..

I am SO glad to see someone else out herewho speaks their mind! Dumbass is correct!
And whatever you do, DO NOT let her put it back on you! If you contacted her and told her exactly when you needed to close, then it was entierly in her court. Only she had control over getting those orders to you. What bothers me though is did you? Because of the date of your post, did you know you had to have it in by mid-night last night and did you tell her up front that the show needed to close before the end of this month to qualify for the July specials? Or did you never speak of a closing date? If you did not tell her a closing date or that the orders HAD to be in by 8/31/2006 before mid-night, then you may have to suck it up and honor those batter bowls. One basic thing here and I hate to sound like I am coming down on you but you always need to know when things need to be into the home office to qualify for this, that or the other thing. I am just saying that you need to be very sure of what you told her so you can CYA! I know someone who worked their butt off to get 2 shows in June for the knife and was relieved that she had it. One problem, when she told me she sent the orders in on the morning of July 1 I just about dropped my jaw on the floor. The words Held & Submitted were on the flyer. She never read it.
Let us know what happened and if she gave you a bad time.

Last edited:
I told her a couple of times. She really didn't make any effort in this show. She had a change of jobs/ her cat of so many years was put to sleep so it was not a priority to hers. She said these orders just kind of came to her last minute at the end of the month! But she was short like $30 to qualify even.

She replied this morning stating she could not come up with a $30 order yesterday to reach $150 so if she could just carry it into August the guests would accept the quickstir pitcher instead.

So my problem is solved. Thanks for your replies.

I had a show like that in March. Still waiting. I gave up after calls, emails, visits to her job (works with my Mom). She said she had orders but I never got anything. I left a message: "Hi, Leslie... Anne from PC. I'm sorry we keep missing each other. Leslie, I haven't heard back from you about your catalog show. I have called a few times and I don't want to keep calling you because I don't want to bother you if you're not interested or if this isn't a good time. So, this is the last time I will call you. If you have orders ready, please call me ASAP because they need to be in by the 31st. Hope to talk to you soon. If not, maybe we'll catch up when its a better time for you."

Never heard back. My Mom says she every now and then tells her that she has an order for me??? WTF?

That's horrible Anne, I would be sooo Peeved!!!

I have the same problem. I had host who started a catalog show in June and she just now turned in her order (5 little orders). Anyway we changed it to a July show a long time ago and now she wants the July special. Can I still do that?

gilchrist_pchef said:
I have the same problem. I had host who started a catalog show in June and she just now turned in her order (5 little orders). Anyway we changed it to a July show a long time ago and now she wants the July special. Can I still do that?

July specials and shows had to be submitted by August 31st in order to get the special for July. I think you are out of luck unless you buy the batter bowls for those orders of $60 or more.

I just realized the lady was a nut. She did a show for someone else and it took her three months to get the products to the people. If I ever did a show for her, I would have it sent to my house. That's nuts... making people wait three months.

I have a host like this too! I keep calling her begging her to forget about it so I don't have to waste my time calling and e-mailing her every week. She keep saying "this and this came up, but I still really want to do it." Me "Ok, I'll call you next week to get the orders." Guess what happens when I call the next week? Repeat script!! I am not cutting her any slack because she has been doing this since MAY!! I just sent her an e-mail telling about the awesome stoneware deal in September and that she should really get her show in this month, yada, yada. Never heard back. I think I am going to do the Anne approach and say this is the LAST e-mail I am going to send you and you should call me when you are ready to host.

for hosts like this, my new motto is "bless and release" . Believe me, it's not worth driving yourself crazy over. Make one last phone call, tell them it's their last phone call and you will remove them from your files so you won't be inconveniencing them anymore. Some of them get it then......

I'm a bit confused on this whole turning in your shows thing. I thought if you wanted the special for the month the show has to be turned in by the end of that month--that's not true? What about commissions? I was just thought that if you wanted credit, commissions or the guest/host specials your shows for that month had to be turned in by the end of that month. Somebody please clear this up for me......

pckimboyers said:
I'm a bit confused on this whole turning in your shows thing. I thought if you wanted the special for the month the show has to be turned in by the end of that month--that's not true? What about commissions? I was just thought that if you wanted credit, commissions or the guest/host specials your shows for that month had to be turned in by the end of that month. Somebody please clear this up for me......
The best thing is to close the party within a few days. Products are delivered quickly and everyone is happy.

Sometimes you just can't close a show by the last day of the month and PC knows that. They allow up up until the end of the next month to close out any shows which is way generous because that would potentially mean that the show was held open for over a month.

Commission is paid according to the month that the order is received by HO.

Specials are calendar sensitive. If the show is held in August (even if it is submitted in September) the only specials that are valid are August.

All promotions are dated. we have a set time that we can hold the show and a set time that we can submit it. They always spell the requirements out on the flyers.

Hope that helped.

same question different problemHi everyone!

I have a catalog host who was telling me all throughout August that she was going to submit her order....I called and e-mailed and never heard back. Meanwhile, my dear hubby booked a "mini" cruise to the Bahamas for the family....we left last Saturday and were scheduled to return on Tuesday
(8/29). Unfortunately, hurricane Ernesto had other plans for us! We did not return from our "mini" trip until late last night (9/1). Wouldn't you know it, she called me every day for the entire time that I was away...my answering machine was filled with her pleading calls. Turns out that all her guests really want the quick stir pitcher. I guess that my question has been answered in previous posts, but I must ask again, can I submit the August show and still get the guest specials? I never had a late show, so I'm a little bit green about what to do...also, can this show still order the discontinued items even though the dead-line was August 31st? Thanks in advance for all your help.

p.s. AVOID CRUISES DURING HURRICANE SEASON!:(

divine together

cakepampered said:
Hi everyone!

I have a catalog host who was telling me all throughout August that she was going to submit her order....I called and e-mailed and never heard back. Meanwhile, my dear hubby booked a "mini" cruise to the Bahamas for the family....we left last Saturday and were scheduled to return on Tuesday
(8/29). Unfortunately, hurricane Ernesto had other plans for us! We did not return from our "mini" trip until late last night (9/1). Wouldn't you know it, she called me every day for the entire time that I was away...my answering machine was filled with her pleading calls. Turns out that all her guests really want the quick stir pitcher. I guess that my question has been answered in previous posts, but I must ask again, can I submit the August show and still get the guest specials? I never had a late show, so I'm a little bit green about what to do...also, can this show still order the discontinued items even though the dead-line was August 31st? Thanks in advance for all your help.

p.s. AVOID CRUISES DURING HURRICANE SEASON!:(

divine together

YES! GO ahead and submit the show. Just be sure it's dated in AUGUST!! They will get the August specials. And, unless PC ran out they will also get those things they want that are discontinued.

I had a host that I had given up on towards the end of last year and in Jan she called me with 150 worth of orders I was pretty happy for her show.

I "blessed and released" a host this morning (inspired by this thread) and I feel so good! I felt like I had to babysit her every week and she still didn't produce anything. I wrote her a kind e-mail that didn't burn any bridges, but gave her the point that I am done dragging her behind me. She said that she wants to stay on my e-mail list but can't host right now. I am a little weary of having her host at all, but she said maybe Oct or Nov. I won't give up a show, but I am scared of dragging her behind me again!!!

I had a host who e-mailed me in July to book a show for early August and pleaded with me to give her a date and I told her it wasn't available (it was a certain date which I was going to do something else with my husband) She told me it would be worth my time, etc. So, I gave up on doing what I was going to do and told her OK. I sent her a packet, the invitations that she desperately wanted and we agreed on a recipe. As the show got closer I couldn't get her to respond to e-mails and calls. The night before the show she cancels via e-mail (I had already loaded the car) and says she will get back to me to reschedule in a few days. I waited a week and then started calling and e-mailing her and nothing except I got her husband one day and he told me her schedule and when it would be best to call her. Then out of no where she wants to reschedule--doesn't call me but e-mails me and wants me to send her a whole new packet immediately as she wants to make it a catalog show and she will have at least 10 orders. I wrote back to her asking her to commit to a date before I resend anything (she lost my original packet supposedly) Then I start calling every day and e-mailing. I explained that we were in between seasons and price changes so I didn't want to mail her a packet of spring/summer information if she wasn't going to close until September, telling her that every month we have new specials,etc. and once I know what month I would put together the proper packet for her. Then we start the ignoring me again. Business is business I kept on telling myself but I was getting irritated on her demanding things and then not fullfilling her end. So after weeks of dealing with this I sent an e-mail stating that I guess she wasn't as serious as I thought since she wouldn't return my calls and e-mails and that I would not contact her again and the ball would be in her court to contact me and that if I was wrong that she should call me within 24 hours to work this out. Within 20 minutes of the e-mail she wrote back saying that she would find another consultant who would work with her and give her all of the orders. Turns out from a "friend" of hers that she does things like this to everyone and nothing ever comes out. I thanked her friend and deleted this person from all of my contact lists. I don't need hosts like that. I just didn't like how she demanded so much and wouldn't cooperate back.

I had never met this host, she was invited to a show I did last year and didn't show up ( no surprise now) and was going to book and didn't tell anyone until after the show was submitted. When I contacted her last year to book she said never mind if so and so won't get the credit but do put me on your e-mail list and then she contacted me after getting my July newsletter.

Sorry for the long post but after reading all that has been posted it stirred up this horror show and needed to vent!

It is nice to know that we all have these hosts and they aren't just coming to me like a magnet!!

gilliandanielle said:
It is nice to know that we all have these hosts and they aren't just coming to me like a magnet!!

Or that I'm not alone! LOL

1. What is the "Closing Show Expire Date"?

The "Closing Show Expire Date" refers to the date that a Pampered Chef show will officially close and no longer accept any additional orders or changes. This date is typically set by the host of the show and can vary depending on the specific show.

2. How do I find out the Closing Show Expire Date for a show I am attending?

You can find the Closing Show Expire Date by checking with the host of the show. They will have this information and can provide it to you. You can also find the date by logging into your Pampered Chef account and viewing the show details.

3. Can I place an order after the Closing Show Expire Date?

No, once the Closing Show Expire Date has passed, the show will no longer accept any orders or changes. It is important to place your order before this date to ensure timely delivery.

4. Can the Closing Show Expire Date be extended?

In most cases, the Closing Show Expire Date cannot be extended as it is set by the host of the show. However, if there are extenuating circumstances, you can reach out to the host or your Pampered Chef consultant to discuss possible options.

5. What happens if I miss the Closing Show Expire Date?

If you miss the Closing Show Expire Date, you will no longer be able to place an order for that show. However, you can still place an order with your consultant or host for future shows or directly through the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg