• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Date Changed Again and Again

In summary, the conversation is about a new consultant having difficulty closing a show due to the unavailability of the host. Suggestions are given to remind the host about the guests' orders and to set a deadline for closing the show. The discussion also touches on dealing with difficult hosts and the importance of proper host coaching.
chefbecky
and again.
I'm a new consultant and I'm having a problem with my host changing the closing date of her show. I call every few days to set up a time to close and she keeps telling me shes busy. I understand people get busy but I'd like to close this show it's been open almost 2 weeks from the first date we set.
This was my second show and it's a friend and she did it as a favor so I could get started. It has nothing to do with money or lack of. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

When you get her on the phone again tell her that the guests are going to be looking for there products soon , so you would like to have the products for the holiday then end of May and she can either e-mail her order ( I rather do it over the phone ) explain that it will only take about 15 min of he time

I agree with Doreen. I don't know if someone ordered something for a birthday or Mother's Day, but it would stink if they didn't get it in time because the host didn't close the show!

One question - who did the guest pay... you or the host (who was going to pay for the entire order)?

If they paid the host, I guess you either need to wait until the host finally decides to close the show or cancel the whole thing, in which case you would need to call the guests and explain the situation.

If they paid you, I would give the host a deadline and stick to it. I had a host that did this to me and I finally had to tell her I was going to close the show on a certain date, regardless of whether she had her order in or not. She never got back to me, so I submitted the show... and kept the host benefits for myself. She called about a week later and I (as politely as I could through gritted teeth) explained that this is my business and I can't get paid until I close a show. She was really mad, but I gave her every chance I could... the show ended up being open for a month!

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
I have tried to remind her that others are waiting on her. I'll try the holiday/birthiday angle. The guests paid her. The other show I had them pay me but this show had alot of outside orders and I didn't get them before I left. ( I won't make that mistake again):eek:
I like the idea of setting a date and making her stick to it. I'm sure with practice I'll be able to get all the glitches out of my show:)

You'll get better and figure out what works for you... but don't take it personally when you get stinky hosts... some people are just like that and there is NOTHING you can do to change it.
Of course, when things go wrong (and periodically they WILL go wrong), just come here to whine and vent... Make the day a bit better!

You may also want to put in the Host letter that you will be closeing there show only 1 week after the show . and even put in a date if you have to . THAT WAY EVEN BEFORE THE SHOW SHE KNOWS THAT THE SHOW WILL CLOSE BY XX DATE. And in your host coaching let them know this . The worst thing is when a guest call YOU looking for there stuff belive me I have been there ..

I even coach my hosts to tell their guests that we will be closing on X date. Usually it is 1-2 days before the official close. I tell her about both dates and that it is best to do it this way because we can still "hold" the show for a couple orders but those people will know we have gone past our "closing" date and should feel some urgency.

These are all great ideas I will use all of these

Last edited:
Sorry most of these ideas don't help with the current situation. I have heard of people calling the guests to let them know that the host isn't closing so their orders are being held up. Of course, you'll need to make sure the wording doesn't bash the host. Sometimes the pressure from the friends can make her close. Could you just drop by her house with everything you need to close and insist you close right then and there?Where in Idaho are you?

YEA!!!! WE CLOSED TODAY!!!!:) :) I'm from Nampa.

WOOHOO!! Way to go Becky! What did you do to get her to close?

cmdtrgd said:
WOOHOO!! Way to go Becky! What did you do to get her to close?
I had a guest at her show who booked a show so I was calling her to get some details and directions and the host was there. The host called me when she got home. lol peer pressure(sp) is great.

chefbecky said:
YEA!!!! WE CLOSED TODAY!!!!:) :) I'm from Nampa.
Yeah! Phew!

Yeah, peer pressure gets a bad rap. It can be used for good as well as evil.

Congrats for getting the show closed.

Related to Closing Date Changed Again and Again

What is the reason for the closing date being changed multiple times?

The most common reason for a closing date being changed multiple times is due to unforeseen delays or complications with the production or distribution process. This could be caused by issues with suppliers, transportation, or even weather conditions.

Will the product still be available for purchase after the closing date?

In most cases, the product will no longer be available for purchase after the closing date. However, there are some instances where the closing date may be extended or the product may be brought back for a limited time. It's always best to check with your consultant or the company's website for the most up-to-date information.

Can I still place an order after the closing date has been changed?

Yes, as long as the product is still available for purchase and the consultant is able to place the order for you, you can still place an order after the closing date has been changed. However, keep in mind that the product may be in limited supply and may sell out quickly.

Why does the closing date keep getting pushed back?

The closing date may keep getting pushed back due to various reasons, such as unexpected high demand for the product, production delays, or logistical issues. The company strives to provide the best experience for customers and may extend the closing date in order to ensure that all orders can be fulfilled.

Will the closing date be changed again in the future?

There is no way to guarantee that the closing date will not be changed again in the future. However, the company will do its best to communicate any changes or updates to customers as soon as possible. It's always a good idea to stay in touch with your consultant or check the company's website for any updates on the closing date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivebeen4given
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • AnnieBee