• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Tarnished Silver Whisk - Help Needed!

In summary, the chain on the silver whisk is tarnished, and there are no surefire methods of cleaning it. The website mentioned suggests using jewelry wipes and toothpaste.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I finally got a chain for my silver whisk and when I went to take it out of the box, it's all tarnished :cry::cry::cry::cry: Does anyone have any idea if I can clean it? Or should I call HO?

Do you have any silver polish cleaner?

I found this website:

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Clean-Silver-Jewelry-8894

Looks like a great idea! Thanks!

I am sure that you can clean it under 5 mins. LOL I thought that site was pretty funny.

LOL, when I read this I thought you were upset with your actual whisk.......I was like What???!! hahaha. I love my whisks, especially the mini one.

It's sterling silver, it will tarnish. Clean it up and you'll be fine. I wouldn't bother HO with this.

Sorry, I misread the post I thought she said she finally got it from HO not that she got a chain for it I wouldn't call HO for that either i think putting a piece of chalk in the drawer or box prevents that

Teresa Lynn said:
Sorry, I misread the post I thought she said she finally got it from HO not that she got a chain for it

I wouldn't call HO for that either i think putting a piece of chalk in the drawer or box prevents that

Really? I'm not a big jewelry person so I don't pay attention to how I store it all.

I think i read that once

You can find jewelry wipes anywhere to clean sterling. You can find them at jewelry stores, or discount chain stores. They are little mini wipes that are dry and have some type of silver cleaner on it and they do a great job. I have a ton of silver jewelry and those wipes are the best thing!

There are also tarnish strips that you can put with jewelry to keep it from tarnishing in the first place. They aren't perfect, but you can go a lot longer without having to clean the jewelry. I got some at Fire Mountain Gems for my jewelry hobby, but there's more in the pack than a regular person would need. Ask at a local jewelry shop if they have some they can give you.

Chalk? That is a great, easy idea!

If you don't want to use chemicals...toothpaste works too!
Just rub it between your fingertips and the wisk... The nice thing about silver is that is cleans up after tarnishing...

They are changing up the silver wisk to one that comes on a chain.I'm not thrilled about this because the chain is probably too short ... but that's OK, I have extenders.

i thought instead of the whisk it was the chefs hat like they gave directors at conference years ago and it was on a silk "cord"

The new one is on a chain, and it looks smaller than the one that was given to Directors.

I like the new one better. I have never worn my silver whisk. Well, once, the night I got it. I woud probably change the chain to a silk cord though.

A silk cord? I will NOT be happy if that is the case, unless it's long enough to put over my head.

Don't worry Di - it's a chain.

sorry, I was remembering it as a black "cord" obviously, it didn't leave a big impression on me. Can't even remeber the year it was given....

Yes, Directors got one on a black cord in 2005 at Conference. The other one that's been mentioned is the replacement for the silver whisk for hitting $15k career sales. It will be a silver hat on a chain.

chefann said:
Yes, Directors got one on a black cord in 2005 at Conference. The other one that's been mentioned is the replacement for the silver whisk for hitting $15k career sales. It will be a silver hat on a chain.

When did they mention changing it? I just hit my $15k in December, wonder which one I'll get??

chefshawna said:
When did they mention changing it? I just hit my $15k in December, wonder which one I'll get??

They mentioned it at conference. I think they said it was effective Jan 1st and would start shipping in March. Check the special edition consultant news when you get it.

The new necklace will be shipped to consultants who hit $15k career sales January 2009 and later, and will begin shipping in March. So if you hit $15k in December, you'll get the whisk.

Related to Cleaning Tarnished Silver Whisk - Help Needed!

1. How do I clean a tarnished silver whisk?

To clean a tarnished silver whisk, you can create a paste using baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the tarnished areas and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing gently with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse with warm water and dry with a clean cloth.

2. Can I use a silver cleaner to clean my whisk?

While silver cleaners may work for other silver items, we do not recommend using them on kitchen tools such as whisks. These cleaners can be harsh and may damage the whisk or leave behind harmful residues.

3. Is there a natural way to clean a tarnished silver whisk?

Yes, you can use a combination of white vinegar and salt to create a natural cleaning solution for your tarnished silver whisk. Simply mix equal parts vinegar and salt and use a soft cloth to gently rub the solution onto the tarnished areas. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

4. How often should I clean my silver whisk?

The frequency of cleaning your silver whisk will depend on how often you use it and how tarnished it gets. However, it is recommended to clean it after every use to prevent tarnishing and to ensure it stays in good condition.

5. Can I put my silver whisk in the dishwasher?

We do not recommend putting your silver whisk in the dishwasher as the harsh detergents and high heat can damage the silver plating. It is best to hand wash and dry your whisk after each use to maintain its shine and prevent tarnishing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies
Views
pcchris
Replies
Views
JAE
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders