• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Sunlight OxyClean dishwasher detergent causing spots on my dishes?

V
vwpamperedchef
ok, so I usually use electrosol tabs, I think they have the power ball. I love it.

But I had some Sunlight OxyClean liquid detergent that I must have bought so I wanted to use up the bottle since it was taking up space. Every load of dishes I did (and it was 85 oz of liquid) my dishes came out with spots and not clean like it should be. To top it off, the mugs, when we would drink out of it, tasted like salt. It was disgusting. I finally was so mad :cry: , I called them to tell them about it, and of course they said it must have had a defect.

Now, I am using Palmolive liquid, which is better, less spots. But I can't wait to use it up and go back to my electrosol tabs.

Anybody have any other advice or favorites? Please PLEASE SHARE!:D

TOSS IT!!!! Go back to the Electrasol Tabs. I never had a DW until we moved into our home now. I tried several different kinds, liquid, gel, powder and fell in love with the tabs.

I am the same (never had a DW until we moved into our first home). I HATE THE LIQUIDS!

Youre the best! Thanks! :)

My DW doesn't do well w/the tablets. I tried the huge box from Sams Club and my dishs were always wet when I put them on the dry cycle, I thought my heating element was going out. So I went back to the gel Cascade and the jet dry & my DW is fine. Must be my DW.

I have a dishwasher, but she usually doesn't wash the dishes so I end up washing them, anyway.

The actual powder works best for me...tabs second (depending on the brand)...liquid last - liquid gets gunky and stuck.My DW works well UNLESS it is out of Jet Dry - then it is cranky and won't clean right. Refill the Jet Dry and all is good again!

I use either the Electrosol tabs or the powder... both work well in my DW.

cascade action pacs thy have a gel with the detergent

Go with a powder. (I use Cascade) For some strange reason, liquid detergents are harder (more abrasive and destructive) on your dishes than powder.

Yeah you would think the powder would be harsher. Thanks for the tips.

Sorry - I really hate the Electrasol tablets - they never dissolve and my dishes are dirty when I'm done. I bought some because they were on sale and I had a coupon; what a waste. I love the Cascade packs - just picked some up today and am tossing the Electrasols.

I think I've tried the cascade ones too. They have gel in them, don't they? I do agree, those are good.

But I have a bunch of the electrasol tabs. I am going to have to keep a list at this point!

I use the cascade tablets with Dawn/detergent in it......they're AWESOME. My dishwasher has a spot for 2 washes....I use the tablet for the first wash and cascade powder for the 2nd (to save $$) I've NEVER had a problem. My dishwasher doesn't clean well with the liquids....besides, I heard they were bad for plumbing.

I like the Electrosol ones with the Power ball, or the Electrosol ones with the Jet Dry in them. Our dishwasher stopped popping open the little "drawer" that you put the powder in. So, I just throw a tablet in one of the (empty) parts of the silverware drawer. Way cheaper than buying a new dishwasher!!

BTW- a dishwasher repair man told me once to ONLY use powder...it doesn't gunk up the inside of your dishwasher. He said that liquid was VERY BAD to use in them...

Also, we used to live in an area with VERY hard water (lime deposits would cake up and cover the heating element...it would get into the dishwasher and stop the motor from running) and the only thing that I found that kept the deposits at bay (and kept my dishwasher from dying an early death) was this stuff called "LemiShine" they sell it at Walmart, and you can purchase it online. I would use 1/2 lemishine, and 1/2 dishwasher POWDER soap. Once the build up was gone, I probably used 1/3 lemishine and 2/3 powder. It was kindof expensive, but less expensive than a new dishwasher!! LOL

After someone on here recommeded the Charlies Soap, I read on their site that people were using it in the dishwasher so I tried it. That stuff is great. No spots, clean dishes, better than anything I've used that's made specifically for dishwashers. We're on septic system so our 'graywater' goes to the creek. This soap is natural so I don't worry about it hurting anything out there. Love the way it cleans clothes, too. I just ordered two more bags. :thumbup:

itsjustCarla said:
I use the cascade tablets with Dawn/detergent in it......they're AWESOME. My dishwasher has a spot for 2 washes....I use the tablet for the first wash and cascade powder for the 2nd (to save $$) I've NEVER had a problem. My dishwasher doesn't clean well with the liquids....besides, I heard they were bad for plumbing.

I use these too! I love them!

I only use Cascade powder with Jet Dry in the rinse cup. Nothing else works as well, IMO. I HATE the liquids - they never work for me. I tried one of those tabs once, but didn't like it.

Electrasol POWERBALL tabs. There is NO substitute! Everything I used left gritty stains on the top of my mugs and sides of my glasses until I switched.Somebody told me you could clean the gunk out of your dishwasher just by dumping in a whole container of Tang. Something about the citric acid in it ...

Our dishwasher repairman told us about the Tang trick, too!! Funny! :D

Related to Is Sunlight OxyClean dishwasher detergent causing spots on my dishes?

1. What is causing spots on my dishes when using Sunlight OxyClean dishwasher detergent?

The spots on your dishes may be caused by a build-up of minerals from hard water. Sunlight OxyClean detergent contains oxygen bleach, which can react with the minerals and leave behind white spots on your dishes.

2. Why do my mugs taste like salt when using Sunlight OxyClean detergent?

The taste of salt in your mugs is likely due to residue from the detergent not being completely rinsed off during the wash cycle. This can happen if the detergent is not properly measured or if there is an issue with your dishwasher's rinse cycle.

3. Is Sunlight OxyClean detergent safe to use?

Yes, Sunlight OxyClean detergent is safe to use. However, it is important to follow the instructions on the packaging and properly measure the detergent to avoid any issues with residue or spots on your dishes.

4. Can I use another type of detergent to avoid spots on my dishes?

Yes, you can try using a different detergent to see if it helps reduce the amount of spots on your dishes. Some people may find that certain detergents work better for their water and dishwasher, so it may be a matter of finding the right one for your needs.

5. What is a recommended alternative to Sunlight OxyClean detergent for spot-free dishes?

Some alternative dishwasher detergents that are known for leaving dishes spot-free include Cascade, Finish, and Ecover. It may be helpful to read reviews or ask for recommendations from friends and family to find the best detergent for your specific dishwasher and water type.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views