• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is my UTI getting worse? Worried about kidney problems.

In summary, Amy's b/f and she went out to dinner on Friday night. Amy was not feeling well and had lower back pain, but she blew it off. When she woke up Saturday, she could not even get out of bed. They helped her up and she had sharp pains in her right hip and her back was hurting. So, she decided to go to the ER. The ER doctors did a urine sample and found E.Coli. They gave her Bactrim and some tylenol with code
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
On Friday night my b/f and I went out to dinner and on our way there, I wasn't feeling too hot and was having lower back pain, but I blew it off.

Well, that night, I'm trying my best to get comfortable and I finally fall asleep.

When I woke up Saturday, I couldn't even get out of bed. He helped me up and all I could do was cry. I had sharp pains in my right hip and my back was hurting like a you-know-what!!

So, I figured I had a bad kidney infection and decided to drink alot of liquids, rest, and go from there.

1:00 rolls around and I had drank 2 1/2 bottles of water and 16 oz. of gatorade and haven't peed yet!! That's when we decided it was time to head to the ER, not to mention that I had a fever at this point.

I figured it wouldn't be pack and if it was I'd get in pretty fast since I worked there. WRONG!! We waited 4 hours only to be seen for less than 10 minutes.

The doctor didn't even address my kidneys, just said "Oh, you have a MILD UTI. I'll give you Bactrim & some tylenol w/ codeine for the pain." And when I asked him about following up with my urologist and he said no. So, then we had to wait for another 1/2 for the meds to be filled at the hospital since that's the only place my medical card covers since I work there.

Well, AS SOON as I get home, I'm vomitting every where and this continued into Sunday.

Fast-foward to Monday. I decided that I was going to take the day off of school and just follow up with my PCP. He doesn't say much, just that I do have a UTI and to definitely follow up with the urologist.

So, today, I go to the urologists and he does a urine graph and an ultrasound on my bladder. Both went well. But there was blood in my urine- could be from that little month friend who's getting ready to leave, or my kidneys.

In 2 weeks I now need to have blood work done, another urine test, and get an X-ray on my stomach. Then, in 5 weeks I'm getting an ultrasound done on my kidneys and have a follow-up appt with him.

Please pray that everything is okay. I had MANY surgeries as a child b/c of UTIs and I'm just hoping all goes well, and especially that I have no problems with my kidneys.

Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Having had a couple of mild UTIs, I can't imagine the pain you're going through. You'll be in my prayers.

You're in my prayers.

When you went to the ER, did they do a urine sample on you?
I went to the ER back in Oct for almost the same symptoms..they really took care of me, hooked me up in a bed to some pain meds while I waited, they thought I had kidney stones and had to do an MRI, turned it I pulled a muscle in my back!!! They gave me a muscle relaxer and vicodin to get me through..the pharmasist told dh that I must have been in a boatload of pain if they thought it was kidney stones and that he personally felt sorry for me!

Good luck, hopefully that Bactrim will clear you up, but I havent heard of a UTI causing vomiting and I used to work for the director of our local kidney center.

They did do a urine sample and it grew E.Coli. Yuck!! :yuck: That's about all they did before they booted me out the door!!

I'm no doctor so I could be way off, but my husband went through the same pain and symptoms about a year ago and it wound up being kidney stones... Regardless, I hope you feel better soon!

One of my college friends had a UTI and kidney stones at the same time. Passing one of the stones put her in so much pain that she passed out.

Let's just pray it's not kidney stones!! I work in the recovery room and have "recovered" many patients that had to have them broken up. Pretty painful to say the least!!

I so feel your pain, just 5 mo ago i was in the er for stones. Same story sort of.. THe night before thought I had a kidney infection too. Ended up being taken to the er in an ambulance do to the pain, and unknown issue at the time. In and out of the of the hospital for 3 days until they said it was kidney stones. After 2 cat scans the 1st one showed stones and the 2nd no sign. THey were fishing for some thing unknown for a while... I am so sorry for your pain.. I is the worst feeling in the world..

I will be praying for you and your fast recovery.:(

I pray that they figure out exactly what's going on...and that your pain subsides! It sucks being in so much pain that you don't know what to do!

My brother had issues like this and he ended up having surgery because his urethra had a kink in it. They had to cut it on both sides and reattach it. He never would have known except he had a kidney stone and it couldn't pass. It was pretty scary, since he was only ten at the time. Hope you feel better soon!!

When I was younger, my surgeries were to have my urethra stretched. I had about 5 of them starting when I was a few months old until I was about 4ish. I did a test today where you pee in a weighted cylinder and it measures the flow on a graph and that turned out excellent, so he said I'd have no more surgeries to stretch anything.

yeah, I would say it sounds like stones to me..just from experience and from working for a kidney center. Unfortunately there isn't much to be done except wait and let it pass..good luck!

It sounds like stones to me, but I am not an expert just know people who have had your symptoms.
Good luck and I'll keep you in my thoughts :)

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
When I was younger, my surgeries were to have my urethra stretched. I had about 5 of them starting when I was a few months old until I was about 4ish. I did a test today where you pee in a weighted cylinder and it measures the flow on a graph and that turned out excellent, so he said I'd have no more surgeries to stretch anything.
Ugh! I had the same series of surgeries as a child - but mine were between the ages of 6-8. That was miserable! But it did get rid of the constant UTI's, and cleared up the bedwetting. I've had a couple REALLY bad bladder/kidney infections as an adult - that is excruciating pain......I'll be praying for you!

Wow, I dont like medical talk, but I read your post.

I really hope you are ok. Stay positive!

I'll say a prayer or two for you!

What is "Kinda Worried"?

"Kinda Worried" is a dish made with chicken, vegetables, and a savory sauce. It is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that is easy to make and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.

What ingredients do I need to make "Kinda Worried"?

To make "Kinda Worried", you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and carrots, and a sauce made with soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic. You can find the full list of ingredients and measurements on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book.

Can I customize the recipe for "Kinda Worried"?

Yes, you can definitely customize the recipe for "Kinda Worried" to fit your preferences. You can use different types of vegetables or even add in some additional spices for more flavor. Feel free to experiment and make it your own!

How long does it take to make "Kinda Worried"?

The total time to make "Kinda Worried" is about 30 minutes. This includes preparation time and cooking time. It is a great option for a quick and easy dinner option.

Can I make "Kinda Worried" ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare "Kinda Worried" ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it. You can also freeze it for future meals. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking. Leftovers can also be stored in the fridge and reheated for a quick and convenient meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Judybabe
  • OhmyDLM