• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Clean Windows/Glass?

In summary, the window cleaners at work use a bucket of soapy water and a squeegee to clean windows quickly. ARGGG! I soooo hate cleaning windows and glass. I have tried just water and papertowel, water and my magic cloth for windows, Windex and papertowel, Windex and newspaper, water and vinegar with a squeegee, water and vinegar with papertowels or newspapers and I have NO luck at all. I watch the window cleaners at work go from business to business with a bucket of soapy (?) water and a squeegee and the windows are beautiful in seconds. I have tried just water and my magic cloth for windows, Windex and papertow
kcjodih
Gold Member
ARGGG! :mad: I soooo hate cleaning windows and glass. We have four tables in our upper family room with glass tops (WHAT was I thinking) and tons of windows in our new home that need to be cleaned (winter residue and construction grime from building because I only got half of them done in the fall). No matter what I try I get streaks. I can clean mirrors no problem but NOT glass!! I've tried just water and papertowel, water and my magic cloth for windows, Windex and papertowel, Windex and newspaper, water and vinegar with a squeegee, water and vinegar with papertowels or newspapers and I have NO luck at all!!

I watch the window cleaners at work go from business to business with a bucket of soapy (?) water and a squeegee and the windows are beautiful in seconds :mad: Why oh why can't I get this right? I'm now looking at the work I did in the fall on the half of the windows I did have time for and they're all streaky!! I know to not do it on a sunny day and I make sure to wipe in one direction inside and one out so that I know which side I missed by the direction of the mark but still can't get them clean!

Does anyone have a tried and true method? And if you do use dishsoap or vinegar how much per how much water? Maybe I'm not using enough or too much. Also do use papertowels, newspaper, squeegee, or...?

Thanks for any and ALL help - from me AND my filthy windows :)

Oh man, I supposed to clean my windows?? :eek: I thought that's why I have curtains and mini blinds ;)

Shall I state the obvious? How about a Pampered Chef microfiber towel? :D

kcjodih said:
ARGGG! :mad: I soooo hate cleaning windows and glass. We have four tables in our upper family room with glass tops (WHAT was I thinking) and tons of windows in our new home that need to be cleaned (winter residue and construction grime from building because I only got half of them done in the fall). No matter what I try I get streaks. I can clean mirrors no problem but NOT glass!! I've tried just water and papertowel, water and my magic cloth for windows, Windex and papertowel, Windex and newspaper, water and vinegar with a squeegee, water and vinegar with papertowels or newspapers and I have NO luck at all!!

I watch the window cleaners at work go from business to business with a bucket of soapy (?) water and a squeegee and the windows are beautiful in seconds :mad: Why oh why can't I get this right? I'm now looking at the work I did in the fall on the half of the windows I did have time for and they're all streaky!! I know to not do it on a sunny day and I make sure to wipe in one direction inside and one out so that I know which side I missed by the direction of the mark but still can't get them clean!

Does anyone have a tried and true method? And if you do use dishsoap or vinegar how much per how much water? Maybe I'm not using enough or too much. Also do use papertowels, newspaper, squeegee, or...?

Thanks for any and ALL help - from me AND my filthy windows :)

Balled up pieces of non colored newpaper pages work magic!!!!!

I heard that coffee filters are supposed to work well. I have a bunch from an old coffee maker that we don't use any longer.:rolleyes: I do like using our microfiber towel.:)

norwexI have never tried the PC Microfiber Cloth - I use the NORWEX Microfiber Cloth (damp) and their Window Cloth - no streak EVER!!! You can just use their Window Cloth if the window/mirror/table isn't very dirty. I have 2 little kids and I babysit - so I need the damp cloth to take off fingerprints, food, etc. and then just the window cloth to 'polish'

1/2 vinegar, 1/2 water. Works really well & chemical free :)

I LOVE Cinch!!! It is by Spic & Span.

Unfortunatley it is very hard to find. The small grocery in my town carries it. They say people come in a buy a ton of it! I hope they are still making it or I will be really, really sad some day!!

It leave no streaks and is amonia free!

Good Luck,

I used to work at a used car dealership and we used newspaper and a regular window cleaning spray. Worked great - just had to mind the newsprint on the dash. Makes the hands black but the windows clean with minimal lint. I don't get a newspaper though so don't do that at home. I got a microfiber type cloth called a Green cloth or something like that... all I do is make it damp with clean water and wipe away and it works great on all surfaces. BTW, I think the magic to the professional window cleaners is the squeegie. Like a windshield wiper, they work very well. I know they make them for glass shower doors, perhaps you could find something like that to use on all the windows in your house? I don't worry about windows that face outside (the windows are old and 'smokey' so hard to tell when they're clean anyway) but I do have a set of pocket doors with tiny windows that I do once a year or so (most the year we never use the doors but it's amazing how dust can still get in there!).... and my cloth works great. No chemicals so I can get the kids in on the act too.

lkprescott said:
BTW, I think the magic to the professional window cleaners is the squeegie. Like a windshield wiper, they work very well. I know they make them for glass shower doors, perhaps you could find something like that to use on all the windows in your house?
I can sell you one - it's called a Handy Scraper, and it's in our catalog. :)

I use the method glass cleaner with the microfiber cloth specifically for glass. Works wonders!!

I use newspaper and Invisible glass (its hard to find) I can sometimes find it at target in the automotive area & hardware stores

1. How do I clean windows/glass without leaving streaks?

To avoid streaks, start by using a clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel. Mix equal parts of water and white vinegar or use a commercial glass cleaner. Spray the solution onto the glass and wipe in a circular motion. For best results, use a squeegee to remove excess moisture and finish by wiping the edges with a dry cloth.

2. Can I use newspaper to clean windows/glass?

While some people swear by using newspaper to clean windows, it can actually leave behind ink residue and streaks. It's best to stick to a lint-free cloth or paper towel for a streak-free shine.

3. How do I clean hard-to-reach windows/glass?

For high or hard-to-reach windows, use an extendable window cleaning tool or attach a microfiber cloth to a long-handled mop. You can also use a spray bottle with a long nozzle attachment to reach narrow spaces.

4. What can I use to clean windows/glass if I'm out of glass cleaner?

If you don't have glass cleaner on hand, you can make your own solution using equal parts of water and rubbing alcohol. You can also use a mixture of water and dish soap or a solution of water and lemon juice.

5. How often should I clean my windows/glass?

The frequency of cleaning windows and glass depends on your location and how dirty they get. Generally, it's recommended to clean windows at least twice a year, but if you live in a dusty or polluted area, you may need to clean them more often.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dawn4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
  • The_Kitchen_Guy