• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Green Copper - Tips & Suggestions

In summary, to clean green copper pans without damaging them, avoid harsh chemicals and use a mixture of vinegar and water or a paste of baking soda and water. It is recommended to clean the pans after each use and to avoid using the dishwasher. For tougher stains, you can also use salt and lemon or let the pan soak in baking soda and water before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge.
redsoxgirl
I have a friend who has one that's all green and stuff. I suggested she use copper cleaner on it, but wanted to check here first to see if anyone had any other tips or suggestions?

???

I have never seen them discolor! What the heck is she doing to hers? lol

Perhaps call HO and see what they would recommend so her guarantee isn't voided by using the wrong stuff?

Is she washing it? It is a trivet, meant to set hot dishes on, or at my house to hang and look pretty. I've never washed it. I've wiped them down and quickly dried them. Wonder if she is emersing it in water?

They're supposed to be coated so they won't tarnish. Sounds like the coating wore off.

She's coming to a show on Sunday so I asked her to bring it along and we can check it out

Related to Cleaning Green Copper - Tips & Suggestions

1. How do I clean my green copper pans without damaging them?

To clean green copper pans without damaging them, it's important to avoid harsh chemicals and abrasives. Instead, use a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water as a natural cleaner. You can also sprinkle some salt on the pan and rub it with a lemon for tougher stains. Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.

2. Can I use baking soda to clean green copper pans?

Yes, baking soda is a gentle and effective cleaner for green copper pans. Mix it with some water to form a paste and apply it to the pan with a soft cloth. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water and drying with a soft cloth.

3. How often should I clean my green copper pans?

It's recommended to clean your green copper pans after every use to prevent buildup and maintain their shine. However, if you notice heavy staining or discoloration, you may need to clean them more frequently.

4. What is the best way to remove burnt-on food from green copper pans?

If you have burnt-on food on your green copper pan, fill it with warm water and a few tablespoons of baking soda. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. For tougher stains, you can also gently scrape with a plastic or wooden spatula.

5. Can I put my green copper pans in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put green copper pans in the dishwasher. The harsh chemicals and high heat can damage the copper and affect its performance. It's best to hand wash with gentle cleaners and dry immediately to maintain the quality of your pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
Replies
Views
Jasmine
Replies
Views
rlombas