• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting White Film in Decorator Bottles - Expert Tips and Solutions

In summary, some customers have experienced a white film on the inside of their decorator bottles that is difficult to wash out. Suggestions for cleaning include using a mixture of hot water and white vinegar or a paste of baking soda and water. Scrubbing with dish soap and hot water may also be effective. If these methods do not work, the customer can contact the company's customer service team for further assistance.
Sherry Leigh
One of my best customers has the decorator bottles, and has used them 3+ times.
Problem - they now have a white film on the inside that won't wash out. Has anyone else experienced this? How did you clean it out? She has tried a bit of bleach in the wash water with no luck.
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!!

Try baking soda. I have noticed that with real buttercream frosting there was a residue that wanted to cling in there while washing mine... I found really getting in there with dish soap (which helps the grease break up) worked wonders. Is it a film she can feel? Or is it staining? The film I noticed was a feeling kind of film which had me figure it musta been the shortening/butter sticking to it.. .

I had that and soaked them in hot/soapy water and they cleaned up very well

I had the same problem. Hot water, but vinegar worked pretty good as well. Full amount of dish soap squeezed in there...These I have had the best luck washing by hand with the scrubber that comes with them. Key to have hot hot hot water. Did I mention Hot water?

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your customer is experiencing this issue with the decorator bottles. I have not personally encountered this problem, but I have heard of others who have. One solution that has worked for some is to soak the bottles in a mixture of hot water and white vinegar for several hours, then scrub with a brush or sponge. Another option is to use a paste of baking soda and water to scrub the inside of the bottles. I hope one of these methods helps to remove the film for your customer. If not, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team for further assistance. Thank you for being a loyal customer and for your support of our products. Happy cooking!

1. What are Filmy Decorator Bottles?

Filmy Decorator Bottles are specially designed bottles used for decorating desserts and other food items. They have a thin, flexible tip that allows for precise and detailed designs to be made with icing, sauces, or other toppings.

2. Are Filmy Decorator Bottles dishwasher safe?

Yes, Filmy Decorator Bottles are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm, soapy water for better maintenance and to avoid any potential damage to the plastic tip.

3. Can Filmy Decorator Bottles be used with hot liquids?

No, Filmy Decorator Bottles should not be used with hot liquids as the plastic tip may melt or become damaged. They are best used with room temperature or slightly warm liquids for optimal results.

4. Are Filmy Decorator Bottles suitable for left-handed individuals?

Yes, Filmy Decorator Bottles are suitable for both right and left-handed individuals. The flexible tip allows for easy maneuvering and can be used comfortably by both left and right-handed people.

5. Can Filmy Decorator Bottles be used for non-food items?

It is not recommended to use Filmy Decorator Bottles for non-food items. They are specifically designed for use with food and may not be safe for use with chemicals or other non-edible substances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • BethanyN
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • Sk8Mom209