• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Stains from Decorator Bottles: Tips and Tricks

In summary, if the stain is from red royal icing, you can try baking soda, bleach, or the plastic booster.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Does anyone have any tips for getting stains out of the new Decorator Bottles? I used them for decorating cookies and now the one that had the red icing in it is stained. I used homemade Royal Icing in them. I'm getting ready to try soaking them in a solution of warm water and dishwasher soap to see if that will take care of it. I thought about bleachy water, but I'd rather not try that if I don't have to. Any other recommendations?

You can try baking soda make a thick paste rub it in side and let it sit... I have used it on tupperware and it works for sauce stains. Hope it helps:)

Karen Gibb
Consultant
[email protected]

Speaking of TupperwareThey do have a product that cleans the stains off plastic. I can't think of the name of it but it might be worth a look.

A mild solution of bleach and water should take it out.

I have a plastic booster made by rubbermaid (I think!) that you put in the dishwasher with your stained plastics and it works WONDERS!! I use it with my leftover containers and my DS's high chair tray all the time! Bye bye spaghettio stains, LOL!!

I wonder if Oxyclean will get rid of it?

I know the red is hard to get rid of. Some of my cake decorating bags are forever stained from red royal icing.

Mine got stained from the mustard I used doing the Panini Shows in December.

strasfamily said:
I wonder if Oxyclean will get rid of it?

I know the red is hard to get rid of. Some of my cake decorating bags are forever stained from red royal icing.

Mine too! I was thinking about trying Oxi Clean next, that stuff is like a miracle drug. I'll let ya'll know how that goes.

Just wanted to share my immediate cleaning tip - - even if you have them filled with frosting, just fill the sink with warm soapy water and let the bottles sit in it for a few minutes. Then just POUR out the frosting! It amazed me and happened by accident when I was too pooped to clean up after one of my cooking classes (I have 2 sets).

:)

1. What are Stained Decorator Bottles?

Stained Decorator Bottles are glass bottles that have been stained with various colors to create a unique and decorative look. They can be used as vases, centerpieces, or simply as decorative accents in any room.

2. How are Stained Decorator Bottles made?

The bottles are first cleaned and then coated with a special glass stain. They are then placed in a kiln and heated to a high temperature, which fuses the stain to the glass. This process creates a beautiful and long-lasting color on the bottles.

3. Are the Stained Decorator Bottles safe to use with food or drinks?

No, the bottles are not safe to use with food or drinks. The stain used to color the bottles is not food-safe and may leach into any liquids stored inside. We recommend using the bottles for decorative purposes only.

4. Can the Stained Decorator Bottles be washed?

Yes, the bottles can be washed gently with warm soapy water. However, they should not be scrubbed or placed in the dishwasher as this may damage the stained finish. We also recommend avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasives when cleaning the bottles.

5. Do the Stained Decorator Bottles come in different sizes and colors?

Yes, we offer a variety of sizes and colors for our Stained Decorator Bottles. From small bud vases to larger statement pieces, and from vibrant hues to subtle pastels, there is something for every taste and decor style. Check out our website or catalog to see the full range of options available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • christina78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Chefstover2