• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decorator Bottle Set - Wilten Tips

In summary, the wilten tips work and are interchangeable with other Wilton tips. They can also be found at WalMart or cake supply stores. Filling them with hot water and plopping them in the dish water makes them easy to clean. Don't let the frosting sit in the bottle and dry, as this makes it harder to clean.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, just had a vendor event..someone asked me if they could use the wilten tips in our decorator bottle set ( she already has the dbs) and I told her I wasn't sure, but I'd find out and get back w/ her

I do not even know what this is..

Anyone know an answer?

Yes the wilten tips work. I used them when I did my daughter's B-day cake. I have a set with several tips and they all work.

PS Wilton does lots of candy and cake supplies

Does anyone know how to clean these stinkin bottles? I have people asking me all the time and I don't own them...

They are dishwasher safe and also come with a small cleaning brush.

my gripe with them is if you are a serious decorator it takes forever because they hold so little frosting.
if they were a little bigger I'd be all over them.

My tip: fill them with VERY HOT water, let them sit, and then dump out the water. Repeat. Doing that, I was able to get 95% of the frosting out of it before I even tried washing with soap and the little brush!

Also...DON'T let the frosting sit in them and dry! (Don't ask me how I know that it takes WAY longer to clean them that way!! LOL)

Kelly,
you surely must mean colored frosting.... hmmmm me thinks maybe red or blue :)

I think the tips are Wilton, and you could find them in the arts and craft stores.

Wilton makes cake decorating supplies.

I am NOT sure if they fit. What harm could it hurt if she just bought one to try it?

Hope it works out.

They are interchangeable.
They can also be found at WalMart or cake supply stores

I fill them with hot water and plop them in the dish water (there is always SOMETHING I have to (or prefer to) wash by hand. I use the brush or my finger to get into any corner that has a little chocolate or frosting left. It only takes a second to clean them. I have used them at a show and not washed them until the next day and had no problem cleaning them.

I love these. Interchangeable tips, able to use it one handed and go around corners when I can't/don't want to move my object of beautification and when I remove a tip, it's not completely full of frosting (like the EAD, which I DO love). No, it doesn't hold a lot so if you are doing a huge just, it may not be the best. But it's pretty easy to refill and this allows me to use more colors quickly.

I finally used it for my daughter's birthday cake (a castle with prep bowl Kelly princess and turrets) and I LOVE them. They were so fun, I didn't want to stop! For $10, they are the perfect gift for any mom/daughter bakers or grandma for when she has the kids over. It's my must-have Christmas gift this year. I always find something I just LOVE that they don't necessarily buy for themselves.

I love them, too:) I always do those character cakes (you know, rent the pan, spend the next 10 hours frosting the cake) and the decorator bottles are sooo much faster to clean than pastry bags. Plus, they are so much easier on your hands. They don't hold a ton, but they ARE easy to refill,so I just load up a Ziploc with the icing and refill as needed. Plus, I find most of those cakes only require a small amount of icing in each colourm, anyway. For cake decorators, the bottles + the prep bowls is a great combo.

Yes, the Wilton tips fit. I use them with.
I don't have a dishwasher. I AM the dishwasher. I didn't find them to be any kind of shocking challenge to clean. I took them to Sunday School for a cupcake decorating party for my youth class (along with prep bowls full of sprinkle options). They were a big hit. I love these. I want a second set for my next Sunday School party so we can have more colour and tip options.

adding a little vinegar to the water helps to eliminate the grease in the frosting and clean easier.

I have been decorating cakes for years and I personally hate these bottles. They do not hold very much icing and they are awkward. I am just used to the pastry bag, I guess. Just too set in my ways. I do keep trying, thinking I will like them, but no such luck. I use them for drizzling chocolate, caramel or peanut butter, etc. on desserts and stuff.

I hate the little brush they give to clean it with. I actually get better luck using a baby bottle brush that has the foam on the end, with little soap- then I can scrub the bottom plus it has the other bristles to get in the side creases.
I used these bottles to make my son's first birthday cake and I loved them. I just am horrible at filling them. I'll have to use the ziploc bag idea.

I just need more because if you're using a bunch of different colors, you have to keep recleaning and going back and forth...etc... kinda a pain. But it would be the same story for a pastry bag too.

1. What is the purpose of the Decorator Bottle Set - Wilton Tips?

The Decorator Bottle Set - Wilton Tips is designed for decorating cakes, cookies, and other baked goods with precision and control. It allows you to easily add intricate designs and details to your creations.

2. How many tips are included in the set?

The Decorator Bottle Set - Wilton Tips comes with 4 decorating tips - round, star, leaf, and petal - to create a variety of designs and patterns.

3. Can I use the bottles for anything other than decorating?

Yes, the bottles can also be used for dispensing sauces, dressings, and other liquids. They are perfect for creating beautiful plating designs or adding finishing touches to dishes.

4. Are the bottles dishwasher safe?

Yes, the bottles and tips are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to handwash them for longer durability.

5. Can I use these bottles with thick frosting or icing?

Yes, the bottles are designed to work with various consistencies of frosting and icing, including thicker ones. However, for best results, it is recommended to use a thinner consistency for more intricate designs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • lindsaym
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • christina78