• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning the Bottom of Cookware

In summary, the conversation discusses how to remove dark marks on the bottom of Executive and Professional Cookware. Suggestions include using Bar Keepers Friend, soaking in hot water and dish soap, and making a baking soda paste. It is also mentioned that maintaining clean and shiny lids can be done with vinegar or lemon juice. The availability of Bar Keepers Friend at various stores is also mentioned.
pcheftammy
I am getting dark marks on the bottom of my Executive Cookware. I am not the best at checking to see if my burners are clean. I have also had guests ask me the same question. Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem with the Professional line. I have glass top cooking so don't think it is the burner not being clean.

Um, it's the bottom of the pan--does it really matter? No one really sees it unless they have their pans on a pot rack.

It's burnt on grease/oil/fat and you'll probably never get it off.

i have run just a little water on the bottom of the pan, then sprinkled barkeeper's friend on it, and used either my hand or a cloth to rub - got rid of all of the marks on my executive, and most on the professional. (and works great on the inside and outside of the stainless)

barkeepers' friend??? Where do you find it?

Add a dryer sheet to a sink full of warm water and leave overnight. The stuck on crud should come off. That's what I heard! Hope it works Ü

oops!...and put the pan in the water Ü...that's the important part he hee

The PIG states

Deep Cleaning: To remove stubborn spots, soak in hot soapy water. A nonabrasive sponge or cloth may be used to rub exterior and interior surfaces.
For tougher food buildup on cookware, prepare a baking soda paste by mixing ½ cup/125 mL baking soda with 3 tbsp/45 mL water. Apply to desired areas, let stand 15-20 minutes. Wipe off excess paste, rinse thoroughly, towel dry. To remove residue from rivets, clean with a kitchen brush. To maintain clean and shiny lids, periodically clean with a cloth dampened with vinegar or lemon juice.

Bar Keepers Friend can be found at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Linen n' Things and almost any supermarket carry Stainless Steel Cleansers. I've tried other brands and they work just as well. You can find them in the Dish Soap isle.

I get my Barkeepers Friend at Wal-Mart.

Try a baking soda paste... most likely you already have baking soda in the kitchen and it takes most crud off pretty well. Presoak in very hot water first to help soften said crud. Add dish soap to hot water first if it's grease related... Let us know what you find that works.

1. How do I remove burnt-on food from the bottom of my cookware?

To remove burnt-on food from the bottom of your cookware, mix equal parts water and white vinegar in the pot or pan and bring it to a boil. Then, turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush.

2. Can I use steel wool to clean the bottom of my cookware?

No, steel wool is too abrasive and can scratch the surface of your cookware. Instead, use a non-abrasive scrubber or a paste made of baking soda and water.

3. How often should I clean the bottom of my cookware?

It's best to clean the bottom of your cookware after each use, especially if there is any burnt-on food. This will prevent buildup and make it easier to clean in the long run.

4. Can I put my cookware in the dishwasher to clean the bottom?

It's not recommended to put your cookware in the dishwasher, as the harsh detergents and high heat can damage the surface. Hand washing with warm, soapy water is the best method for cleaning.

5. How do I prevent discoloration on the bottom of my cookware?

To prevent discoloration on the bottom of your cookware, avoid using high heat and always use a heat-safe cooking utensil. You can also try using a cooktop cleaner specifically designed for your type of cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • aried
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • beepampered