• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Bottom of Executive Cookware

In summary, Ann suggests that if the customer's cookware has faded, scratched, or faded spots on the outside, then they might have been put into the dishwasher. Barkeeper's Friend and Dawn Power Dissolver are two possible remedies.
aried
Gold Member
I have a customer that has a problem cleaning the groves on the bottom of her executive cookware after having something run over. She says that baking soda does not work. Any suggestions?

Ann R.

I use the blue sponge/scratchy pad that is made specifically for non-stick cookware. What grooves is she talking about? The grill pan? or the edge that has a lip? I think one of our brown scrapers would be good to try too...

thanks Kelly, I think she is talking about the "seal" on the bottom of it.

Ann R.

If that's the case, (not sure HO would endorse this, though) I would use an SOS pad LIGHTLY over the seal. I have done this to the BOTTOM only of my pans cuz I can not stand for them to get that dirty buildup on them...they look perfect inside and out!

I have ligthly used an SOS pad on the bottom of mine. It helped a lot, but they don't look new.

Barkeeper's Friend works wonders!

Dawn Power Dissolver is the answer! Spray it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes and it wipes clean. No scratching or ruining the finish on the bottom of the cookware. (Also works great on the rivets on the inside when they get gunky.)

jmabner said:
Dawn Power Dissolver is the answer! Spray it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes and it wipes clean. No scratching or ruining the finish on the bottom of the cookware. (Also works great on the rivets on the inside when they get gunky.)

Does this even work after it has been baked on? Thanks for the tip BTW:)!

I was at my Aunts house the other day, and she has all her proffessional pots and pans hanging on her pot rack.
They looked aweful! The outsude of them is all faded looking and just not nice at all! Does anyone here know what that is, and have you had that happen with your "Professional" ones? How do you fix it, or do we have to send them back?:confused:

The outside of the pots have faded? What? Are they scratched?

No, it looks almost like hard water stains or something. It makes the outside of the pots look almost as if the finish is coming off (light grey looking) but it isn't coming off, just lightened a lot.
The inside of the pots are perfect! But it looks like when something boils over, it marks up the outside of teh pot an d won't come off.
It is very unattractive!:thumbdown:

Sounds like she might have been putting them into the dishwasher...

A clustermate has white-looking professional cookware, and they got that way from the dishwasher. Mine aren't lightened, but some of them (the saute pans) have stains on the outside from oil splatters. I don't worry about them too much, because I have an Exec. pan that I take to shows (esp. now that the Prof. is retired).

Oh I understand now. Did you ask her if she put them in the dishwasher? I would see if HO will replace them and then make sure she doesn't put them in the dishwasher if that is what she has done. I think a major case of OCD would come out and I just couldn't live with my pots looking like that.

So do you think they are ruined for good? or does anyone have suggestions how to clear that up? I have a feeling that if it is from putting them in the dishwasher, then H/O won't replace them.

Any suggestions?
:chef:

I don't think it affects the performance of the cookware, just the look. If HO knows that it's from being put into a dishwasher, they probably won't replace it, since that's specifically mentioned in the use and care.

yes I know, I am sure they won't replace it.

Anybody? Know how to make it go away?

It bugs me... she shouldn't have it haging there in the middle of her kitchen looking like that!! especially since she has so many "Get togethers" and I have seen ppl say... "What is all over your pots and pans"?
And of course she says she doesn't know and that they just "Turned" that way.... and that they are from PC..... sheesh... maybe you should take care of your very expensive cookware properly!!! grrrrrr.... LOL:grumpy:

I have staining on the bottom of my Executive cookware. I always assumed it had something to do with my stove and the way it cooks. I have scrubbed and it will not come off. I will try some of these suggestions to see if it will get it off.

The spots on the below cookware are definitely dishwasher spots. I had a customer that put here in there repeatedly, I told her up front that she voided the warranty. She did not care. She had since given the Professional set away and replaced it with an Executive set that she decided to not put in the dishwasher.

Veevahchef said:
yes I know, I am sure they won't replace it.

Anybody? Know how to make it go away?
It's probably etching in the aluminum from the high pressure water in the dishwasher. As well as the detergent, which is fairly abrasive. So there's probably nothing that can be done to fix it.

Two of my executive pans have grayish patches on them and they have never been in the dishwasher. I'm the only one to cook with or clean them, always hand washed and immediately dried.

kcont said:
Sounds like she might have been putting them into the dishwasher...

I was JUST going to say that. That's how one of mine looked when my cleaning girl ran it thru the DW :(

What is the best way to clean the bottom of my Executive Cookware?

The best way to clean the bottom of your Executive Cookware is to use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbing pads, as they can damage the non-stick coating on the bottom of the cookware.

Can I put my Executive Cookware in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting your Executive Cookware in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the non-stick coating and affect the performance of the cookware.

How do I remove stubborn stains from the bottom of my Executive Cookware?

If you have stubborn stains on the bottom of your Executive Cookware, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for a few minutes before gently scrubbing with a soft sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly with water afterwards.

Can I use metal utensils with my Executive Cookware?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils with your Executive Cookware. The non-stick coating on the bottom of the cookware can be easily scratched by metal utensils, which can affect the performance and lifespan of the cookware.

How often should I clean the bottom of my Executive Cookware?

We recommend cleaning the bottom of your Executive Cookware after each use. This will help prevent build-up and make it easier to clean in the long run. Remember to always let the cookware cool down before cleaning to avoid damaging the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcheftammy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • cewcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • chefani