• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tough Exterior Stains on Cookware

In summary, the Pampered Chef Test Kitchens recommend using a grease cutting detergent and Easy Clean Kitchen Brush to remove oil stains on the outside of Professional Cookware. If this is not successful, a deep cleaning method involving baking soda paste, white vinegar, dish soap, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide paste, or non-gel toothpaste can be used. Always test these methods on a small area first to avoid damaging the cookware.
micocina
Gold Member
Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any other suggestions to get rid of dark oil stains on the outside of the Professional and Executive Cookware besides baking soda paste?

This is the email response I received from the test kitchens when I inquired about this for a customer:

Thank you for contacting the Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your
product question. To remove staining from the exterior of the
Professional Cookware a grease cutting detergent (like Dawn) and your
Easy Clean Kitchen Brush might be all you need. If this has not been
successful, deep cleaning may be necessary.

Deep Cleaning
To remove stubborn spots, first soak in hot, soapy water. Rub exterior
and interior surfaces with a nonabrasive sponge or cloth.
Prepare a baking soda paste by mixing 1/2 cup baking soda with 3
tablespoons water. Apply paste to desired areas on exterior surface of
Cookware, let stand 15-20 minutes. Wipe off excess paste; rinse
thoroughly and dry.
To remove residue from rivets, clean with the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush
or other nylon bristle brush.
To maintain clean and shiny lids, clean with a cloth dampened with
vinegar or lemon juice periodically.

Directions for deep cleaning the exterior surface of the Professional
Cookware can also be found in the Use & Care/Recipe Cards provided with
each set of Cookware.

Sincerely,
The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens
[email protected]
voicemail 630-261-4059

1. Lemon juice and salt: Mix equal parts of lemon juice and salt to create a paste. Apply the paste onto the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it off with a soft cloth or brush.2. White vinegar: Pour some white vinegar onto the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a cloth. You can also mix equal parts of white vinegar and water and use it as a cleaning solution.3. Dish soap: Mix a few drops of dish soap with warm water and use a soft cloth to scrub the stain. Rinse with clean water and dry with a towel.4. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide: Create a paste by mixing baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Apply the paste onto the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing it off with a soft cloth.5. Toothpaste: Apply a small amount of non-gel toothpaste onto the stain and scrub it with a soft cloth or brush. Rinse with clean water and dry with a towel.Remember to always test these methods on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure they do not damage the cookware.

1. How can I remove tough exterior stains on my cookware?

One effective way to remove tough exterior stains on cookware is by using a mixture of equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste onto the stains and let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing it off with a soft sponge or brush. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

2. Will using abrasive cleaners damage my cookware?

Yes, abrasive cleaners can cause scratches and damage to the surface of your cookware. It is best to avoid using them and opt for gentler cleaning methods instead.

3. Can I use bleach to remove tough stains on my cookware?

No, bleach is not recommended for use on cookware as it can cause discoloration and damage to the surface. Stick to non-abrasive and non-toxic cleaners for best results.

4. What is the best way to prevent tough stains from forming on my cookware?

To prevent tough stains from forming, make sure to clean your cookware after each use. Do not leave it soaking in water for extended periods of time, as this can cause stains to set in. Additionally, avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces, as they can cause scratches and make it easier for stains to form.

5. Can I use steel wool to remove tough stains on my cookware?

No, steel wool is too abrasive and can cause scratches on the surface of your cookware. Instead, opt for softer cleaning tools like sponges or brushes with soft bristles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • akrebecca
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cewcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies