• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Stainless Cookware Build-Up

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with build up on stainless steel cookware, which was caused by using high heat while cooking. The suggested solutions include using baking soda paste, Bar Keeper's Friend, and a mixture of water and vinegar. The customer service team is also available for further assistance.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have all three open stock peices of stainless cookware. I love the cookware but had noticed a little bit of build up around the edge of the pan from greese splattering. I had tried cleaning it with soap and water and it didn't come out. I figured I would wait until I got the stainless cleaner. I tried that today. While it got most of the bottom of the inside clean, the sides still have the build up around it. I didn't use Pam, it's not even allowed in our house :D Figured I would see if someone has a solution before I emailed HO.

did you try baking soda paste? Works like a charm on my glazed stones.

I used Bar Keeper's Friend on a damp sponge & rubbed very gently. It took care of a BROWN colored SS saute pan my DD's 19 yr. old stepson used. He thinks the highest heat gets it done faster.:eek:
She was going to make him buy her another but I saved him;)

I 2nd Bar Keepers Friend for this. A paste of BKF and water with a lot of elbow grease will get it clean.It is caused by oil basically baking on to your pan from using too high heat.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some build up on your stainless steel cookware. Have you tried using a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar to soak the affected areas? This can help to break down any grease or residue. You can also try using a non-abrasive scrubbing pad to gently scrub the build up. If these methods don't work, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team for further assistance. We want to make sure you're completely satisfied with your cookware. Thank you for choosing Pampered Chef!

1. How can I remove burnt-on food from my stainless steel cookware?

To remove burnt-on food from your stainless steel cookware, you can try soaking the cookware in a mixture of hot water and dish soap for 30 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive scrubber or sponge to gently scrub away the burnt-on food. You can also use a stainless steel cleaner for tougher stains.

2. What should I avoid using when cleaning my stainless steel cookware?

You should avoid using abrasive cleaners, steel wool, and harsh chemicals on your stainless steel cookware as they can scratch or damage the surface. Also, avoid using metal utensils while cooking in the stainless steel cookware to prevent scratches.

3. How often should I clean my stainless steel cookware?

It is recommended to clean your stainless steel cookware after each use. This will prevent food build-up and make it easier to clean. However, if you notice stubborn stains or residue, you may need to clean it more frequently.

4. Can I put my stainless steel cookware in the dishwasher?

Yes, most stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions before putting it in the dishwasher. Also, make sure to use a mild detergent and avoid using high heat settings to prevent any damage.

5. How can I keep my stainless steel cookware looking shiny and new?

To keep your stainless steel cookware looking shiny and new, make sure to clean it regularly and avoid using abrasive cleaners. You can also use a stainless steel polish or cleaner specifically designed for cookware to restore its shine. Additionally, avoid cooking with high heat for prolonged periods, as it can cause discoloration on the surface of the cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
Replies