• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Trifle Recipes: Beyond the Pumpkin Trifle

In summary, make a trifle with white chocolate and brownie cubes, pudding, and Andes peppermint chips.
[email protected]
Gold Member
I need a Christmas Trifle for a show. Does anyone have one other than the pumpkin trifle?

Use white or chocolate cake, add a bit of frosting coloring* (green or red, or both seperately) to whipped topping and whip it up. Crush some peppermint candies or candy canes and sprinkle the crushed pieces between each layer and on the top. It's basically just glorified cake but it's yummy.
Layer cake, whipped topping, and peppermint. If you like a bit of peppermint, add some extract to the cake (but not too much.)

*frosting coloring is a bit stiffer than food coloring. It's easier to use because sometimes food coloring can make whipped topping grainy or compromise the 'fluffiness' but frosting coloring doesn't. I usually see it made by Wilton in round tubes, but there may be a store brand.

I love the Black Forest Trifle for the winter season.

That's what I'm doing right now.

Got this from another thread...

Andes Trifle:

You can either use the Andes Peppermint chips or the Dementh Green/chocolate chip mints from Andes (I have found in Baking section at Dollar General and at Walmart.)
4 cups milk
2 small boxes of white Chocolate instant pudding/pie filling
2 8 oz containers of regular Cool whip
1 box of Dark Chocolate Brownie mix. Prepare in stone. On Large bar pan bake 22 min. On med. 30 min. Let completely cool. Then using $1.25 paring knife cut into small cubes.
Fill up your easy accent decorator with coolwhip. Mix 2 boxes of pudding with 4 cups cold milk. After whisking till thickens add your 1 1/2 containers of coolwhip. In Trifle bowl Layer first Half of your Brownie cubes, then pudding, then Andes chips. Then repeat. Top with coolwhip dollops and accent with Andes Peppermint. I also demoed grating with the cheese grater or Microplaner one and dusted the top.

Related to Christmas Trifle Recipes: Beyond the Pumpkin Trifle

1. What is a trifle?

A trifle is a layered dessert typically made with cake, custard, fruit, and whipped cream. It is served in a clear glass bowl or trifle dish, allowing the layers to be visible.

2. Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle ahead of time. In fact, it is recommended to make it at least a few hours in advance to allow the flavors to meld together. You can also make it the night before and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

3. Can I use different types of cake in a trifle?

Yes, you can use different types of cake in a trifle. Sponge cake, pound cake, and angel food cake are all commonly used in trifles. You can also use brownies or cookies as the base layer for a unique twist.

4. Can I substitute the fruit in a trifle?

Yes, you can substitute the fruit in a trifle. While many traditional trifle recipes use berries or fruit cocktail, you can use any type of fruit you prefer. Some popular options include peaches, cherries, and pineapple.

5. How long will a trifle last in the fridge?

A trifle will typically last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. However, the longer it sits, the softer the cake layers will become. It is best to enjoy it within a day or two of making it for optimal freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • KayPT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
spmm125