• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More!

In summary, the pumpkin pie dip we had one season was a creamy pumpkin mixture with Marshmallows on the top melted. I would LOVE to offer this as one of my "Pumpkin Patch" Recipes! Plus just wondering if anyone out there has any other Pumpkin Recipes that you are using as a FUN FOR FALL demo!? The Pumpkin Spice Cake is always good...here you go.
alidafrizzell
Gold Member
Does anyone remember the pumpkin pie dip we had one season! I have hunted everywhere! It was a creamy pumpkin mixture with Marshmallows on the top melted. I would LOVE to offer this as one of my "Pumpkin Patch" Recipes!

Plus just wondering if anyone out there has any other Pumpkin Recipes that you are using as a FUN FOR FALL demo!? The Pumpkin Spice Cake is always good...

here you go. I did not put the booklet together.

Attachments

• pumpkin recipes.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Pumpkin%20booklet[1].doc
    71 KB · Views: 613
There is the new harvest pasta skillet, I think it includes pumpkin for color.

Hopefully you won't have trouble finding canned pumpkin where you live! None of the stores here are able to even order it and I had a heck of time finding some for the Harvest Pasta skillet redipe for a show last Saturday :cry: Finally ended up at the local health food store and found a 15 oz can of organic pumpkin. Kinda pricey but I needed it.

cochef said:
Hopefully you won't have trouble finding canned pumpkin where you live! None of the stores here are able to even order it and I had a heck of time finding some for the Harvest Pasta skillet redipe for a show last Saturday :cry: Finally ended up at the local health food store and found a 15 oz can of organic pumpkin. Kinda pricey but I needed it.

Really.....hmmmm...so interesting! My son loves canned pumpkin so we always have some on hand. I have to add a little sugar, cinnamon, etc (read - PUMPKIN PIE LOL) before I'll eat it! :p

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU GUYS! The pumpkin recipes are PERFECT!

I know last year I had a problem finding pumpkin and when it came back in... I bought quite a bit so have not checked this season! I just assumed it was back on the shelves! Thanks for the heads up! I will have to check it out!

I've had a hard time finding the SINGLE-size cans (15 oz). I've checked multiple stores. They've only had the doubles. The recipe I was looking for them for only called for 15 oz, and I didn't want the rest to go to waste. :( Hope they aren't short again!

Hmmm, why such a shortage?

kcjodih said:
Hmmm, why such a shortage?

The shortage a year or two ago was because of too much rainfall damaging the crops. And it's starting to not look too promising for this year. I think I'll buy the cans I find, because otherwise, I'll have NONE. Large cans are the only ones I can find, and looking at a couple of blogs, it's the same across the country.

Thanks for the heads-up on another pumpkin shortage! I had trouble finding it last year.

Thanks for the reminder to pick up canned pumpkin. And, thanks for the pumkin recipes.

Definitely get the pumpkin when you see it. Hurricane Irene damaged the pumpkin crops on the east coast this year. So there either will be no pumpkin or it will be pricey.

Thanks for sharing all the recipes, I can't wait to try some.

Karen said:
Definitely get the pumpkin when you see it. Hurricane Irene damaged the pumpkin crops on the east coast this year. So there either will be no pumpkin or it will be pricey.

This all started before Irene. The Midwest got a lot of rain this year again. I know the last shortage, the company Libby provides 85% of the supply and they are in the Midwest area (Illinois I think?). But that was the culprit.

I'm sure Irene had her impact on lots of things though.

There are baking pumpkins at my grocery stores right now, I may have to go pick up a few and roast and freeze them so I can have them for recipes and pies at Thanksgiving!

don't worry about the double cans going to waste :) it freezes well. inface my dog gets a pumpkin cube almost every day. Here in the chicago area pumpkin hasn't been hard to find since spring. I usually get mine at Trader Joes. I haven't heard it going to be hard to find this fall.. I may stock up just in case.

Maybe it has been hard just as a residual effect from the previous shortage and they are still replenishing supplies. But that is good to know that it freezes well! Thanks.

Here is centeral IL was had a drought.

Drought in late summer but spring and early summer had loads of rain. not good for crops of any kind

What ingredients are needed for Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More!?

The ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More! are 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

How do I make Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More!?

To make Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More!, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add in the canned pumpkin, sour cream, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Serve with graham crackers, apple slices, or your favorite dippers.

Can I make Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More! ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More! ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just give it a stir before serving.

Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin in Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More!?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin in Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More! Instead of canned pumpkin, use 1 cup of pureed fresh pumpkin. Make sure to remove any excess water from the pumpkin before adding it to the dip.

What are some variations I can make to Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More!?

Some variations you can make to Pumpkin Pie Dip From the Past...and More! include adding a drizzle of caramel sauce on top, adding chopped pecans or walnuts for extra crunch, or mixing in a tablespoon of maple syrup for extra sweetness. You can also serve it warm by heating it in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smart2cook
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefautumn