• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Open House With Other Vendors...?

In summary, Linda is planning a Christmas open house with several other vendors, and she thinks that her show's success is due to the host benefits she offers and the different products she sells.
SusanBP0129
Hey!
I am doing a Holiday Open House with a friend of mine who sells Home Interiors. I was just approached by a friend of a friend who sells Stampin' Up. She wants to trade parties, but I am wondering if I should just invite her to the Open House as another vendor....
Then it would be me, Home Interiors & Stampin' Up....
What do you all think? Good idea or not so good??
I am new at this so any and all advice is greatly appreciated!! :D

TIA,
Sue

That's what I would do:) I don't like to trade parties; I tell people that I keep too busy with my PC biz to do that. (unless it's something I really want!)
I do a Christmas open house every year with a Home Interiors lady & a Silpada lady...and anyone else we can get a hold of! The first year we didn't have too great of a turnout; but every year it's gotten better. People start to plan on it:) I'd say give it a try!

I did one last spring with Longaberger, Southern Living at Home and Arbonne. It was GREAT! I had an $800 show and was the only one to get bookings from it - 8 bookings! We each gave away door prizes and each of us did our shows as Mystery Host. The best part is hopefully you all have different customer bases. You get to feed off of each other for customers.

pamperedlinda said:
I did one last spring with Longaberger, Southern Living at Home and Arbonne. It was GREAT! I had an $800 show and was the only one to get bookings from it - 8 bookings! We each gave away door prizes and each of us did our shows as Mystery Host. The best part is hopefully you all have different customer bases. You get to feed off of each other for customers.

Linda - To what do you attribute your bookings success? you got 8 bookings, and no one else got any....what do you think you were doing differently or better? I am planning a Christmas Open House w/ several other vendors, and would love to know what you did!

ChefBeckyD said:
Linda - To what do you attribute your bookings success? you got 8 bookings, and no one else got any....what do you think you were doing differently or better? I am planning a Christmas Open House w/ several other vendors, and would love to know what you did!

Well, to be honest, I think that our host benefits are just better and our products are more useable and affordable! Longaberger and SL@H both did very well and had $1000 shows that day. Arbonne did okay, she had about $200 in sales and got several leads (their host benefits are structured very differently). My show was just over $800. I think I got the bookings because we had some great host specials coming up (June's woven selections were a great incentive) and I got a couple of HWC catty shows from it. Plus, I was able to meet a lot of new people. I would try to align yourself with people who have a customer base that is different from yours so that you have some "fresh-blood"!

We had about 40 - 45 people show up that day (did it at my house). And we gave away door prizes each hour. We each did our show as Mystery Host. attached is the invite that we used.

That's all I can think of right now. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Linda

Attachments

• Mystery Host Open House Extravaganza.doc
    45 KB · Views: 604
Linda: I like your invitation:D In the past ones I've done, we've just sent out our own invites. I like how you did yours though, with everyone's contact info & such...may have to steal that idea from ya;)

Linda, so you did not feel Southern Living was "competition"? I've always wondered about that. Someone asked me for one of these I planned to do but I didn't know enough about their products to answer.

Hi Sue,As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I think it's a great idea to invite the Stampin' Up consultant to your Holiday Open House. It's always great to collaborate with other vendors and offer a variety of products to your customers. Plus, it's a great way to network and potentially gain new customers from the Stampin' Up consultant's network as well. I would also suggest reaching out to other vendors in your area to see if they would be interested in joining as well. The more the merrier! Best of luck with your Open House and Happy Holidays!Warmly,

1. What vendors will be participating in the Christmas Open House?

We are excited to announce that we will have a variety of vendors at our Christmas Open House, including local businesses and independent consultants from Pampered Chef.

2. Will there be any special deals or discounts offered at the event?

Yes, each vendor will have their own unique promotions and discounts for the event. Be sure to stop by each booth to see what special deals they have to offer!

3. Is this event open to the public or only for Pampered Chef customers?

This event is open to everyone! We welcome all customers, friends, and family to join us for our Christmas Open House and support local businesses.

4. What types of products will be available at the event?

You can expect to find a variety of products at our Christmas Open House, including kitchen gadgets, home decor, beauty products, and more! Each vendor will have a unique selection of items for you to browse.

5. Can I bring my kids to the Christmas Open House?

Yes, children are welcome at our event! We will have activities and snacks available for them to enjoy while you shop. However, please note that some vendors may have products that are not suitable for young children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pampchef.angel