• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holiday Plates/Platter Instead of Christmas!

I guess I would be offended if someone said Merry Christmas to me but not Happy Hannukah. I don't think it's right to water down a holiday just to make everyone happy.
good summary, janet.

in the end, of course, it all comes down to faith. i have tried to teach that to DS - even though he's Jewish and being raised Jewish, when he is an adult he will have his own beliefs

fortunately, across many faiths, there are two core messages:
- One omniscient, omnipotent God (Hindus sometimes say that their pantheon are all manifestations of God, not all seperate deities)
- Treat each other and the earth (and it's other inhabitants) with respect and kindness

I think we can all agree on bullet #2, can't we?

ChefBeckyD said:
Where?...Where?....Hey, I don't see it - where'd it go???:D

That must have been my hidden blonde joke... :p

lacychef said:
Well I for one do not use the X to take Christ out.....good to know about the symbol, I guess I was just being lazy honestly; just get in a hurry typing...

LOL... I've used the X but never out of disrespect. I've known about the Greek symbolism/meaning and use it in that manner. Plus it's faster typing...

I respect Christians who walk their path in a Christ-like manner. It's those who wish to quarrel about being 'right' more so than others and closed off to any other possibilities that I find try my patience. I've met so many folks of a variety of faiths, over the years, and have felt the sting of prejudice to do my best to allow a person's actions to tell me more than any label. Personally, in an ideal world, it'd be less about labels (and the presumptions/stereotypes that they contain) and more about getting along with one another.

susanr613 said:
good summary, janet.

in the end, of course, it all comes down to faith. i have tried to teach that to DS - even though he's Jewish and being raised Jewish, when he is an adult he will have his own beliefs

fortunately, across many faiths, there are two core messages:
- One omniscient, omnipotent God (Hindus sometimes say that their pantheon are all manifestations of God, not all seperate deities)
- Treat each other and the earth (and it's other inhabitants) with respect and kindness

I think we can all agree on bullet #2, can't we?

Well said... :thumbup:

lkprescott said:
How about the minor ones? LOL

I'm always open to questions about my beliefs but not ever here to push or proselytize. But I have, on occasion, opened my mouth in defense (not just here but elsewhere) and as another voice in a variety of topics. Yule is one of my favorite holidays... the stories are fun, the appreciation of our blessings (compared to our ancestors, especially) is enormous and well, since most our symbols of the season have been borrowed it's an easy holiday to celebrate 'outloud' without sticking out oddly. LOL...

Of course the minor ones too! Nothing is "minor" if it is "mine" (or yours...) I didn't mean to exclude anyone and "major" is probable an automatic addition to the statement as programed by the media (KWIM?)

Please share!!

lkprescott said:
LOL... I've used the X but never out of disrespect. I've known about the Greek symbolism/meaning and use it in that manner. Plus it's faster typing...

I respect Christians who walk their path in a Christ-like manner. It's those who wish to quarrel about being 'right' more so than others and closed off to any other possibilities that I find try my patience. I've met so many folks of a variety of faiths, over the years, and have felt the sting of prejudice to do my best to allow a person's actions to tell me more than any label. Personally, in an ideal world, it'd be less about labels (and the presumptions/stereotypes that they contain) and more about getting along with one another.

The latter is the biggest battle for anyone. All of us are human, all sinners. To live in a Christ-like manner surround by sin is any person's biggest struggle.
But that is the wonderful part of what we believe, Christ died for ANY one and ALL sin. Slipping and falling once in awhile isn't the end, Christ forgave that too.

I believe the Bible is very clear on many issues and there are certain black and white things where tolerance doesn't fit. That's where it gets difficult. When a not-so-perfect person like all of us stand up for what we believe in some cases, those of different faith or searching tend to see the imperfections of the believer and judge by that rather than what Christ did on the cross. ...and of course, there is always the "bad apple" to spoil the bunch. I can be EVERY person has met someone they label as a "Christian" that they would also label as "hypocritical". The twist to human nature...we don't want to be vulnerable, we don't want to admit faults, and we don't WANT to be accountable to a higher power sometimes due to the vulnerability. But I believe God has placed eternity in our hearts. We all have that peace of us longing for Him and his creation and reunion with Him. What we do with it is our decision. He created us with free-will to choose. Why would God want us to be robots and blindly serve? That isn't love, that is routine.

OK, I probably could ramble for a long time, but I have some more work calling my name...besides...I opened enough more up for discussion. :D

BethCooks4U said:
Of course the minor ones too! Nothing is "minor" if it is "mine" (or yours...) I didn't mean to exclude anyone and "major" is probable an automatic addition to the statement as programed by the media (KWIM?)

Please share!!

I figured, but for so many, there seems to be an.... 'amnesia' beyond anything that's non-Abrahamic in nature. Unfortunately, there also runs rampant centuries of myths, legends and stereotypes that are continually supported by media and *sigh* Hollywood. LOL...

I like when folks are open to learning new things - even if they don't agree with them. When my brother (a Christ like Christian we much as any human can be) asked about my beliefs (in a nutshell, I'm an open minded free thinking pantheist) he did so out of loving worry but relaxed when we realized that our favored method of communing with deity is pretty much the same (out in Nature)... finding a common ground on the mountain of beliefs can be handy and is so much better than pointing out the dissimilarities.

lkprescott said:
I figured, but for so many, there seems to be an.... 'amnesia' beyond anything that's non-Abrahamic in nature. Unfortunately, there also runs rampant centuries of myths, legends and stereotypes that are continually supported by media and *sigh* Hollywood. LOL...

I like when folks are open to learning new things - even if they don't agree with them. When my brother (a Christ like Christian we much as any human can be) asked about my beliefs (in a nutshell, I'm an open minded free thinking pantheist) he did so out of loving worry but relaxed when we realized that our favored method of communing with deity is pretty much the same (out in Nature)... finding a common ground on the mountain of beliefs can be handy and is so much better than pointing out the dissimilarities.

Hmmm, there's a similarity right there - since the media and Hollywood seem to do that with most, if not all religions.:rolleyes:

Attacking other peoples beliefs does nothing but cause hurt and pain...I'm glad that this is a place for honest discussion w/o being hurtful to each other!

"Attacking other peoples beliefs does nothing but cause hurt and pain...I'm glad that this is a place for honest discussion w/o being hurtful to each other!"

hear hear!

susanr613 said:
So, after all this great dialog....does anyone want to buy my Christmas and/or Yuletide themed platter? I earned one for SAT and of course will not be using it in my home. I also do not like to bring delicate things to shows, so it will just sit in my garage.

PM me with your zip if you're interested.

You gave me the laugh I soooo needed this morning :) Thanks, Susan.

Kitchen Diva said:
Sadly sometimes Christians make the worst Christians.

I'm working on that however...

well said!

Susan,
I learned something from you that I never new about the Jewish faith. Of course I am 1 that doesnt know much about many faiths but it is interesting to learn.

okay. I'm couaght up on this thread now. So... my turn, my turn. I have a question for Susan....what's a mezuzah? Menorah, I know. The Jewish holidays, I know. The basics n Judaism re: beliefs, I know.BUT I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A MEZUZAH???It's nice for once to have someone to ask these things of, besides my dad. (I'm a preacher's kid.)

I copied this from a website - sorry that it takes up a lot of space:

What is a Mezuzah?

A mezuzah is a sacred parchment inscribed by hand with two portions of Torah. It is stored in a protective case and hung on the doorposts of Jewish homes.

Parchment
The parchment (klaf) come from a kosher species of animal.

Inscribed by Hand
The person who writes on the parchment is called a sofer (scribe). Scribes are trained to inscribe the mezuzah in the same manner and script as the Torah. Any mistakes make the mezuzah invalid.

Torah
The two portions of Torah written on the parchment are Shema (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) and Vehaya (Deuteronomy 11:13-21). Both of these Torah portions include the verse, "And you shall inscribe these words upon the doorposts of your house and upon your gates."

Protective Case
Once the mezuzah is written, it is rolled from left to right and placed in a protective case.

Hung on Doorposts
Mezuzot are affixed to the doorpost of each room in the home and place of business, except for the bathrooms.

Why Hang a Mezuzah?

In the Torah, God commands the Jewish people to hang mezuzot on their doorposts. Two Torah portions, Shema and Vehaya, include the verse: "And you shall inscribe these words upon the doorposts of your house and upon your gates."

The Shema (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) begins with "Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One." The Shema reminds us that God is always present in our lives, and that we should keep God's words constantly in our minds and in our hearts. The Shema tells us that one way to do this is by writing them on the doorposts of our house. Vehaya (Deuteronomy 11:13-21) assures us of God's compensation if we fulfill his commandments (mitzvot).

It is a Torah commandment to hang mezuzot on our doorposts. Mezuzot, in turn, remind of God's presence and of our duty to fulfill God's commandments.

Oh, and the Torah takes us from creation (Genesis) through the Hebrews about to enter Canaan after the exodus from Egypt, including Moses' final speech and death. It's handwritten on a parchment scroll. We read a portion every Sabbath, as well as a portion from the other books of the "Old Testament".

Thanks everyone for your respect and curiousity :)

Susan thanks for that! I'd wondered about the why part. I know some folks who use various symbols including bindrunes for various reasons (with a home, namely protection or blessings to the inhabitants, good fortune, et al) but never heard of Mezuzah... very interesting!

WOW!!! What an amazing dialog this thread has been! I have learned SO much!
I laughed when someone posted "I am a Catholic, not Christian" because it was how I felt when I was little! I grew up in Southeast Alabama (my Dad was Army) and as a Catholic, I was very much in the minority! For years, I really had no idea that Catholics were Christians because I could never talk to anyone about their beliefs without feeling thumped over the head with the buckle of the Bible belt. It took many years of learning on my own part to get comfortable to even tell people my religion and even more years to be comfortable talking to anyone other than Catholics about it!
I am part of a group at my church that is called WINGS (Women in Gods Spirit) and we have had a local Rabbi come talk to us several times. He is amazing! The man can talk for hours without the first note in front of him. He LOVES us Catholic women and will tell you if he weren't Jewish, he'd be Catholic....quite the entertainer he is! He has answered so many of my questions about Judaism and Hebrews in general.
I am so impressed with how this thread has been handled...what a great group you all have been to be respectful and polite about a potentially dangerous topic.

About the plates....I would LOVE to hear what Pampered Chef has to say in response to your email Jennifer. I fear that our society is all to careful to offend no one that we have done a 180 and are now offending most everyone. I will call the plates Christmas plates and sell bunches of them because they are too cute...but I wish PC had made them actual "holiday" plates....I think they would have sold better.

I can't wait to get home and read all the new posts on here! This has been a really great discussion! I can tell it's been blessed...

Kitchen Diva said:
I can't wait to get home and read all the new posts on here! This has been a really great discussion! I can tell it's been blessed...

You better get off work early to catch up!!

chefsara said:
This has been one of the most interesting discussions I have ever read on CS. The lession in Judaism is so interesting. I am very thankful that we all can declare our faith and be friends still. Anyway, isn't that what Jesus taught? When I first started going to PC shows 15 years ago the Consultant expressed that it was a Christian company and that made a real impression on me and I have stuck with PC as my #1 home demo product show. It is sad that if that was so that they are bending to the pressure of the times to change Christmas to "holiday". Will they change Easter next? This has been a great discussion and I am so glad that someone had the courage and confidence to speak up. No one has offended anyone and it has been a real learning link. You are all great gals & guys. We are in this together! That is what makes this a great company. :D

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they changed the word for "Easter" since Easter was really Ishtar (sp?) and is basically a pagan holiday. The bunnies symbolize the Godess of fertility. In our home it has always been referred to as "Resurrection Sunday." We celebrate it for was it IS.

So if there are bunnies and eggs on it...let them call it Easter or whatever they want. LOL!

I agree, this has been a great thread. Most everyone on here has been very mature about it.

Wow! I'm really impressed with how mature this thread is! I think it should be a whole new thread because it's not about holiday/christmas plate anymore!:angel:;)
I don't have the time to read it all right now. I've got a lot on my "to do" list today, but I will read this tonight and maybe then I'll comment. But I respect how you ladies are handling this and not attacking! Sometimes, this board freaks me out because it can get really intense and it looks like we've learned from past lessons and everyone is being respectful, while clearing standing up for what you believe in. Which is refreshing and I just wanted to point this out!;):thumbup::):angel:
Great job!

Christ Follower said:
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they changed the word for "Easter" since Easter was really Ishtar (sp?) and is basically a pagan holiday. The bunnies symbolize the Godess of fertility. In our home it has always been referred to as "Resurrection Sunday." We celebrate it for was it IS.

So if there are bunnies and eggs on it...let them call it Easter or whatever they want. LOL!

I agree, this has been a great thread. Most everyone on here has been very mature about it.

Thank you and I agree to a point, most reference the goddess Eostre who's consort was a hare (which has grown to become the Easter Bunny of course) and was indeed a Germanic goddess of fertility, rebirth and Spring's renewal which is still celebrated by many though we tend to stick to the Vernal Equinox for its timing rather than messing with the full moon and Sundays... :cool:

The Pagan origins of Easter

My mom grew up in a Christian household that allowed NO pagan symbols including the "Christmas" tree, Santa, stockings, Easter Bunnies, dyed eggs and the like. I actually respect that level of commitment and her family's knowledge of where the symbols came from.

Actually, the history of many holidays (especially those practiced and celebrated for some time based on beliefs vs state holidays like Flag Day) is terribly fascinating to me. I personally like knowing why it is we do what we do, especially when the roots of such practices can be traced back through time.

This is the response I just got:

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. I have forwarded your comments and
concerns to the appropriate area for attention.

Cheryl Wolf
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I wonder what the appropriate area is?????

product development? marketing?

As far as I know the product lines are broken down into groups and different groups are in charge of different product lines. Anyway, it would go to the group in charge of that product...Same thing happens with our complaints about quality with certain items if we have them.

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Kacey - I was trying to figure out how to respond.....you did it well for me!:D

You are very welcome- It took me seeing 2 more posts similar before I just decided that I should point out that we are not complaining- we are posting our views and learning so much more about one another and our religions, and spiritual relationships with God... :)

lkprescott said:

That was the last great one new commandment- That you love one another! :)

MissChef said:
Wow! I'm really impressed with how mature this thread is! I think it should be a whole new thread because it's not about holiday/christmas plate anymore!:angel:;)
I don't have the time to read it all right now. I've got a lot on my "to do" list today, but I will read this tonight and maybe then I'll comment. But I respect how you ladies are handling this and not attacking! Sometimes, this board freaks me out because it can get really intense and it looks like we've learned from past lessons and everyone is being respectful, while clearing standing up for what you believe in. Which is refreshing and I just wanted to point this out!;):thumbup::):angel:
Great job!

Wow, someone called me mature! :) LOL- it's like I said a few posts back- this thread is blessed! I don't believe God had in mind for there to be such an importance placed on what your denomination is vs. Do you LOVE people- really LOVE people with the agape love of the Lord and do you LOVE the Lord? Do you have a relationship with Him and do you grow in your relationship with him... too much importance is placed on "well you're Lutheran, or you're Evangelical, or you're Baptist, or you're Catholic... it's about LOVE and God- and for me, Jesus. However in learning about walking in love (and it is a hard subject to grow in, as there are many tests- wow!) it is good to be open to learn about other people and their views and beliefs... I am so facinated by what I have learned from Susan and LPrescott...

Susan, I showed one of the sales people that I assist what you said about me (He's orthidox Jewish, so he won't touch other women, even to shake a hand or high five) and he was impressed at Hamish and another one... he's like how do you know this stuff? I'm like I have a new BFF that's Jewish and she's my go-to gal for information so I don't look like an idiot around you guys! :) He thought that was great. He's from NY- and he's one of my favorite people on my sales team!!! And he agreed about the Chutzpah part!!

chefmeg said:
I wonder what the appropriate area is?????

I hope it didn't go to the deleted items box?

Has anyone else gotten a response?

nothing other than the automated one

jrstephens said:
I see that PC is also calling Christmas items holiday items. I am not happy with this at all and I am going to email HO. :mad:

The plates/platters have Christmas trees on them, so, they are clearly for Christmas and if anyone is buying them they are getting them for that Holiday.

I do not know if the Holiday Desserts book contains recipes for other holidays since I have not seen it, so, I cannot comment on it until I know it's contents.

This is something that bothers me to the core that Christ is taken out of Christmas when without Christ there would be no Christmas. Other holidays do not get named something else to pacify all other religions, so, why should Christmas be discriminated against.

I am sure I will be opening up a can of worms, but if Christians do not stand up to keeping Christ in Christmas then who will?
I totally agree!! I also hate it when people write xmas!! That is taking Christ out of Christmas..Thank-you for saying it!

bonl48 said:
I totally agree!! I also hate it when people write xmas!! That is taking Christ out of Christmas..Thank-you for saying it!
Maybe you should read the thread first.:);)

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe you should read the thread first.:);)

I've read the thread and still do not like or agree with doing it, ha!:D Since most people do not know that it isGreek for Christ. I do not think that is something commonly known everyday, just by some NERDS HAHA!:D

OK, I did some research and I stand corrected - the Jewish position (taken by scholars) is that Jesus did exist and was a rabbi/teacher, but is not the Messiah. I'm sorry I stated differently.

I was not taught this in Hebrew school many years ago, which is why I stated it on this board. Fortunately, my own personal belief is that Jesus did exist as a human rabbi/teacher, so I guess I'm still Jewish LOL.

Thank you fellow Cheffers who raised the question and inspired me to look further than my own memories :) From now on, I'll check around before I answer any questions.

Also, thank you for posts on the origins of some of the Christmas and Easter symbols - very interesting!

Finally, a HUGE thank you to Jennifer for starting this topic - it really has brought out the best in us.

susanr613 said:
OK, I did some research and I stand corrected - the Jewish position (taken by scholars) is that Jesus did exist and was a rabbi/teacher, but is not the Messiah. I'm sorry I stated differently.I was not taught this in Hebrew school many years ago, which is why I stated it on this board. Fortunately, my own personal belief is that Jesus did exist as a human rabbi/teacher, so I guess I'm still Jewish LOL.Thank you fellow Cheffers who raised the question and inspired me to look further than my own memories :) From now on, I'll check around before I answer any questions.Also, thank you for posts on the origins of some of the Christmas and Easter symbols - very interesting!Finally, a HUGE thank you to Jennifer for starting this topic - it really has brought out the best in us.
Whew! That was a close one!:DAnd I really appreciate you answering all of our questions. It breaks down barriers when we can ask the questions and get misconceptions cleared up!

total hijack....Becky, you are a rainbow now!! COOL!!!

hijack over!

I thought the plates were cute, but I do agree that "Christmas" would have been the correct term. I guess HO just presumes since it is the Fall/Winter Catalog, they are being politically correct by calling them "Holiday". I too feel that Christ is taken out of Christmas way too much. Your attitude is great, Susan! I think too many people are all caught up in being "pc" so much that they forget that other people don't always object to things being called Christmas when they clearly are. I am not offended (of course) by someone saying "Merry Christmas" to me. I think that is a great analogy, Susan. By the same token, I would feel I was being offensive if I said, "Merry Christmas" to someone who is obviously another religion (as in someone wearing traditional clothes from another religion).

Those are my "Life Verses", Janet! I've held onto those for several years now and don't know how I would survive without them!

susanr613 said:
OK, I did some research and I stand corrected - the Jewish position (taken by scholars) is that Jesus did exist and was a rabbi/teacher, but is not the Messiah. I'm sorry I stated differently.

I was not taught this in Hebrew school many years ago, which is why I stated it on this board. Fortunately, my own personal belief is that Jesus did exist as a human rabbi/teacher, so I guess I'm still Jewish LOL.

Thank you fellow Cheffers who raised the question and inspired me to look further than my own memories :) From now on, I'll check around before I answer any questions.

Also, thank you for posts on the origins of some of the Christmas and Easter symbols - very interesting!

Finally, a HUGE thank you to Jennifer for starting this topic - it really has brought out the best in us.

Your still my favorite Jewish Coach! :)

Have a good night, Susan! :)

And yes, this has been a great thread- one of my favorites and I didn't even start it! :) LOL Thanks for being willing to share so much about yourselves and your beliefs, everyone.- this has been wonderful!

Merry Christmas in July everyone!! I agree that they should be called Christmas plates since they've got Christmas trees on them. They are still really cute. I don't mind that they aren't functional for all winter. Heck, I usually get the Christmas decor out in mid November and keep it out until New Years day. That's about 2 months. After that, I'll be tired of looking at it anyways and box it up until next year. :)

There is a Menorah cake in the holiday deserts ... it's on the cover, I think.

(It's actually a layer cake, though it doesn't look like it. Harder than you'd think.)

I'm not a big fan of watering down Christmas either ... but I do wish the plates were WINTER plates. But that's just me ... I cannot see the point of buying a set of plates to use on just ONE DAY. If they were holiday plates, people could use them over the course of a couple of months, making them more VERSITILE.

Well, I'm like Tabnat - my Christmas season starts on Black Friday, and lasts through the 12 Days of Christmas (my husband is Catholic). The Christmas tree stays up, no matter how loudly I protest!, until it is completely dried out, because 'Christmas isn't over yet.' So, these plates will definitely be used more than one day a year.

Also, I know a few people who'll leave some vestige of Christmas hanging around all year. One friend has mistletoe that's been hanging over the doorway since the first Christmas she and her hubby celebrated as a married couple. Don't assume, just because you'll put it away as soon as Christmas is over, that your hosts and guests will do the same.

Sarah

While I agree that the "holiday" plates should be called "Christmas "plates, I don't have a problem with "Happy Holidays." And the funny thing is that it was this thread that changed my thinking.

Up until this thread I also felt that using "holidays" instead of "Christmas" was just dumb and people should just get over it and stop being so easily offended. But, after reading this entire thread, I realized that by only wishing people a merry Christmas I was being selfish and not taking into consideration the things that other people might be celebrating. Suddenly I realized that I am now the one being so easily offended by people not acknowledging my traditions.

Now, hear me out… By saying “Merry Christmas” we are only taking our personal feelings and/or faith into consideration. By saying “Happy Holidays” we are being so much more inclusive and saying that we understand that there points of view and faiths other than ours and we hope they have a pleasant celebration.

Using “Happy Holidays” in advertising doesn’t necessarily mean that Christ is being taken out of Christmas, it might just mean that in addition to Christmas, we wish to market to everyone celebrating any holiday around this time of year. I know I am going out on a limb here, but I’m just putting this up for discussion, but couldn’t it be seen as selfish that we only want everything labeled as “Christmas”?

I’m not saying that we shouldn’t label things appropriately to their particular holiday, although as it is already been pointed out that a Christmas tree is not a Christian symbol anyway. But all of the pagan symbols used to represent Christian holidays is a whole other topic. I think a Menorah should be called just that, and not a “holiday candle display”.

So, there’s my 2 cents, maybe 5 cents on the topic.

fikibiff said:
While I agree that the "holiday" plates should be called "Christmas "plates, I don't have a problem with "Happy Holidays." And the funny thing is that it was this thread that changed my thinking.

Up until this thread I also felt that using "holidays" instead of "Christmas" was just dumb and people should just get over it and stop being so easily offended. But, after reading this entire thread, I realized that by only wishing people a merry Christmas I was being selfish and not taking into consideration the things that other people might be celebrating. Suddenly I realized that I am now the one being so easily offended by people not acknowledging my traditions.

Now, hear me out… By saying “Merry Christmas” we are only taking our personal feelings and/or faith into consideration. By saying “Happy Holidays” we are being so much more inclusive and saying that we understand that there points of view and faiths other than ours and we hope they have a pleasant celebration.

Using “Happy Holidays” in advertising doesn’t necessarily mean that Christ is being taken out of Christmas, it might just mean that in addition to Christmas, we wish to market to everyone celebrating any holiday around this time of year. I know I am going out on a limb here, but I’m just putting this up for discussion, but couldn’t it be seen as selfish that we only want everything labeled as “Christmas”?

I’m not saying that we shouldn’t label things appropriately to their particular holiday, although as it is already been pointed out that a Christmas tree is not a Christian symbol anyway. But all of the pagan symbols used to represent Christian holidays is a whole other topic. I think a Menorah should be called just that, and not a “holiday candle display”.

Exactly...

Here's a story, or rather a way I came to understand and respect all the wintertide holidays. When I choose our Yuletide card to send out as a family, I do so with the intention of wishing peace, love and joys of the season and use either Yuletide Blessings or Season's Greetings as the salutation.

However, the real fun of the time of year is all the other cards we receive. For each was chosen just as carefully as our own, to reflect the feelings and often, the faith of each of the giver(s). This makes for an interesting and beautiful display in our archway of colors, thoughts, intentions and such all leading into greetings, the season and love, peace and joy... I appreciate and respect all the viewpoints that arrive in our mailbox and enjoy equally the religious and the silly ones that arrive, for it's really the only card(s) we receive that's a reflection of the giver, rather than the receiver and is pretty darned cool, if you ask me.

lkprescott said:
Exactly...

Here's a story, or rather a way I came to understand and respect all the wintertide holidays. When I choose our Yuletide card to send out as a family, I do so with the intention of wishing peace, love and joys of the season and use either Yuletide Blessings or Season's Greetings as the salutation.

However, the real fun of the time of year is all the other cards we receive. For each was chosen just as carefully as our own, to reflect the feelings and often, the faith of each of the giver(s). This makes for an interesting and beautiful display in our archway of colors, thoughts, intentions and such all leading into greetings, the season and love, peace and joy... I appreciate and respect all the viewpoints that arrive in our mailbox and enjoy equally the religious and the silly ones that arrive, for it's really the only card(s) we receive that's a reflection of the giver, rather than the receiver and is pretty darned cool, if you ask me.

I love this sentiment and actually have appreciated that as well for years! Thanks for stating it so well.

lkprescott said:
Exactly...

I'd never thought of it that way before. What a great perspective!

fikibiff said:

No being rude to you personally, but I think this thinking is the logic that advertisers and companies try to use to make people "think" they are really not trying to take Christ out of Christmas when they really are and they are coming up with excuses as to why it is ok to do so.

<h2>1. What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Holiday Plates/Platter Instead of Christmas!"</h2><p>The 5 most frequently asked questions about "Holiday Plates/Platter Instead of Christmas!" are:</p><ul><li>Why are the plates/platters being referred to as "holiday" instead of Christmas?</li><li>Do the plates/platters only have Christmas-themed designs?</li><li>Can these plates/platters be used for other holidays besides Christmas?</li><li>Does the Holiday Desserts book contain recipes for other holidays besides Christmas?</li><li>Why do other holidays not get named something else to pacify all religions, while Christmas does?</li></ul><h2>2. I see that PC is also calling Christmas items holiday items. I am not happy with this at all and I am going to email HO.</h2><p>It is understandable to feel unhappy with the decision to refer to Christmas items as holiday items. If you have concerns, it is always a good idea to reach out to Pampered Chef's head office to express your thoughts and feedback.</p><h2>3. The plates/platters have Christmas trees on them, so, they are clearly for Christmas and if anyone is buying them they are getting them for that Holiday.</h2><p>While the plates/platters may have Christmas trees on them, it is important to remember that not everyone celebrates Christmas. By using the term "holiday" instead of Christmas, it allows for a more inclusive approach and allows individuals to use these items for their respective holiday celebrations.</p><h2>4. I do not know if the Holiday Desserts book contains recipes for other holidays since I have not seen it, so, I cannot comment on it until I know it's contents.</h2><p>As you have not seen the Holiday Desserts book, it is difficult to comment on its contents. However, it is important to remember that Pampered Chef is a global company and may cater to a diverse customer base, therefore offering recipes for different holidays could be a way to cater to their customers' needs.</p><h2>5. This is something that bothers me to the core that Christ is taken out of Christmas when without Christ there would be no Christmas. Other holidays do not get named something else to pacify all other religions, so, why should Christmas be discriminated against.</h2><p>It is understandable to feel strongly about keeping Christ in Christmas. However, it is important to respect and acknowledge that not everyone celebrates Christmas and by using the term "holiday," it allows for inclusivity and diversity within the community. Christmas is still a widely recognized and celebrated holiday, and by using the term "holiday," it does not take away from the religious significance of Christmas for those who celebrate it. Other holidays may not get named differently because they may not have a dominant religious connotation attached to them.</p><h2>6. I am sure I will be opening up a can of worms, but if Christians do not stand up to keeping Christ in Christmas then who will?</h2><p>It is admirable to stand up for one's beliefs, but it is also important to respect and acknowledge that others may have different beliefs and traditions. It is not the responsibility of one group to dictate how holidays should be celebrated. Instead, it is important to promote inclusivity and respect for all individuals and their beliefs during these holiday seasons.</p>

1. What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Holiday Plates/Platter Instead of Christmas!"

The 5 most frequently asked questions about "Holiday Plates/Platter Instead of Christmas!" are:

• Why are the plates/platters being referred to as "holiday" instead of Christmas?
  • Do the plates/platters only have Christmas-themed designs?
  • Can these plates/platters be used for other holidays besides Christmas?
  • Does the Holiday Desserts book contain recipes for other holidays besides Christmas?
  • Why do other holidays not get named something else to pacify all religions, while Christmas does?

2. I see that PC is also calling Christmas items holiday items. I am not happy with this at all and I am going to email HO.

It is understandable to feel unhappy with the decision to refer to Christmas items as holiday items. If you have concerns, it is always a good idea to reach out to Pampered Chef's head office to express your thoughts and feedback.

3. The plates/platters have Christmas trees on them, so, they are clearly for Christmas and if anyone is buying them they are getting them for that Holiday.

While the plates/platters may have Christmas trees on them, it is important to remember that not everyone celebrates Christmas. By using the term "holiday" instead of Christmas, it allows for a more inclusive approach and allows individuals to use these items for their respective holiday celebrations.

4. I do not know if the Holiday Desserts book contains recipes for other holidays since I have not seen it, so, I cannot comment on it until I know it's contents.

As you have not seen the Holiday Desserts book, it is difficult to comment on its contents. However, it is important to remember that Pampered Chef is a global company and may cater to a diverse customer base, therefore offering recipes for different holidays could be a way to cater to their customers' needs.

5. This is something that bothers me to the core that Christ is taken out of Christmas when without Christ there would be no Christmas. Other holidays do not get named something else to pacify all other religions, so, why should Christmas be discriminated against.

It is understandable to feel strongly about keeping Christ in Christmas. However, it is important to respect and acknowledge that not everyone celebrates Christmas and by using the term "holiday," it allows for inclusivity and diversity within the community. Christmas is still a widely recognized and celebrated holiday, and by using the term "holiday," it does not take away from the religious significance of Christmas for those who celebrate it. Other holidays may not get named differently because they may not have a dominant religious connotation attached to them.

6. I am sure I will be opening up a can of worms, but if Christians do not stand up to keeping Christ in Christmas then who will?

It is admirable to stand up for one's beliefs, but it is also important to respect and acknowledge that others may have different beliefs and traditions. It is not the responsibility of one group to dictate how holidays should be celebrated. Instead, it is important to promote inclusivity and respect for all individuals and their beliefs during these holiday seasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jbachen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • beckysuem