• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Decorations: Are You Ready for the Big Day?

In summary, both Rae and her husband are finished decorating their home for Christmas. Rae has one present left to buy, but otherwise everything is completed.
If you are like me & still have some shopping to do....the news this morning said that about 200 retailers have free shipping with Xmas delivery today online!

I have the Pumpkin Cranberry Breads made for our pastors. Now I just need to come up with something clever to put on the gift tag. I'm open to suggestions. I even started a thread asking for ideas here:http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/need-help-gift-tag-wording-ideas-47694/Tomorrow I'll make the bar cookies (3 varieties) that I'm putting in the goodie boxes for the mail and paper carriers. I'll also make the Black Forest Trifle for Sunday's family get-together.

I am done - all shopped, wrapped, baked (well - I don't bake - thats is dh's job!) and ready!

I just have to start packing for my trip the day after Christmas!!!!! ;)

Got the last of the presents tonight. 3 of DH's family who did not give us lists got mall gift cards. My first Christmas celebration for tomorrow has been canceled. So now I don't have anything to do yet until Christmas Eve.

lacychef said:
If you are like me & still have some shopping to do....the news this morning said that about 200 retailers have free shipping with Xmas delivery today online!

I used my Best Buy Gift CArd (earned through recruiting) yesterday online and got FREE shipping. They did charge $2.30 for handling, but not having to drive 40 minutes in 6 inches of snow to shop AND guaranteed delivery by Christmas "sold" me on it.

We've been snowed in- I've had to do shopping locally. Any guaranteed by Christmas is a definite PLUS- since I didn't get paid until yesterday I had to hope I could find what I wanted in time. I even was able to mail gifts out of town today with guaranteed Christmas delivery.

I mentioned making a Christmas Card Holder for my parents. I also made a set for us. Here's what it looks like filled with cards:
CardHolderRibbon.jpg
It was easy and fairly fun to make. I may add another ribbon or two for next year. It's hanging on our bedroom wall, but it's visible from the kitchen. I probably should have straightened the bows before taking the picture.

Too cute Rae! I love it!

That's cute Rae! We've only gotten 3 cards so far..

Lacy, you'll probably get oodles of them over the next few days.

The cookies are done. I made all bar cookies this year--quick and easy. They're cut and waiting to be put into the cookie boxes I picked up in October. The cake is baked for the Black Forest Trifle. As soon as it's cooled I'll put that together. right now I'm getting ready to watch a marathon of classic television holiday episodes. The Beverly Hillbillies is starting now.

The house is decorated now, a lot of my cooking is done, I still have a couple of things left to make, some needs to wait til before we go to the parties. Next weekend we are having the family over for the kids christmas and they will be at their moms this next week. I still need to get the ham to cook, but we have about everything else we need!

Goodies are boxed. One of the cookies is Nutty Egg Nog Bars. They have macadamia nuts in them and an egg nog glaze. Yummy.

I need to go shopping for the desserts I'm making but nothing is happening until next weekend now so I still have some time. SIL just TEXTED her Christmas list 4 days before we get together. She asked for gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond. Well last night I picked up gift cards for the three people in DH's family that haven't given us any ideas yet and luckily she can use the mall gift card at Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm just slightly irritated this Christmas, sorry for the ranting.

At least you've already got something on hand that she'll like.

<h2>1. When should I start decorating for Christmas?</h2><p>It's completely up to personal preference, but many people start decorating for Christmas after Thanksgiving. Some may start even earlier, while others wait until closer to Christmas Day.</p><h2>2. How can I make my Christmas decorations unique?</h2><p>One way to make your Christmas decorations stand out is by incorporating DIY elements or personal touches. You can also try using non-traditional decorations, like adding a pop of color or incorporating unique textures.</p><h2>3. How can I save money on Christmas decorations?</h2><p>Consider using items you already have in your home, like wrapping paper or ribbons, to create festive decorations. You can also shop for sales or clearance items and look for DIY ideas online.</p><h2>4. Is it necessary to have a Christmas tree for decorations?</h2><p>No, a Christmas tree is not necessary for holiday decorations. You can create a festive atmosphere with other decorations like wreaths, garlands, or candles.</p><h2>5. How can I make my home smell like Christmas?</h2><p>There are many ways to make your home smell like Christmas, such as using scented candles or essential oils, baking holiday treats, or simmering fragrant ingredients like cinnamon, cloves, and orange peels on the stove.</p>

Related to Christmas Decorations: Are You Ready for the Big Day?

1. When should I start decorating for Christmas?

It's completely up to personal preference, but many people start decorating for Christmas after Thanksgiving. Some may start even earlier, while others wait until closer to Christmas Day.

2. How can I make my Christmas decorations unique?

One way to make your Christmas decorations stand out is by incorporating DIY elements or personal touches. You can also try using non-traditional decorations, like adding a pop of color or incorporating unique textures.

3. How can I save money on Christmas decorations?

Consider using items you already have in your home, like wrapping paper or ribbons, to create festive decorations. You can also shop for sales or clearance items and look for DIY ideas online.

4. Is it necessary to have a Christmas tree for decorations?

No, a Christmas tree is not necessary for holiday decorations. You can create a festive atmosphere with other decorations like wreaths, garlands, or candles.

5. How can I make my home smell like Christmas?

There are many ways to make your home smell like Christmas, such as using scented candles or essential oils, baking holiday treats, or simmering fragrant ingredients like cinnamon, cloves, and orange peels on the stove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mldowney69
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
NooraK