• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Family Holiday Event: Menu Ideas for 14 People

In summary, the author is for the first time hosting a family holiday brunch and is seeking ideas for menu items. They suggest a ham and cheese brunch squares, a salad made with lemon-butter sauce, and bacon-wrapped deviled eggs.
Jenni
I am for the first time host a family holiday event. Christmas brunch... need help with the menu planning. Its 14 people and half of them are kids.
I know I want to do Ham and Cheese brunch Squares (sub sausage) but thats it so far...

you could do a brie, tartlets, spinach dip and other dips, antipasto tray.

Here is a very yummy salad that a friend of mine made for Bunko one night, now we all make it all the time. We call it Karen's salad.

2 bags romaine lettuce
1 red onion (finely chopped)
1 granny smith apple
1 small bag craisins
chopped walnuts
1 c parmasean cheese (or a cheese blend) from the specialty cheese section
Paul Newman's oil and vinegar salad dressing

It is soo yummy!

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/public/us/pdf/ts_bb_brie.pdf

or

The Pampered Chef ®
Baked Eggs Benedict
Recipe

4 whole English muffins, split in half
1 package (8 ounces) sliced Canadian bacon
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups half and half
10 eggs
1/2-3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley

Lemon-Butter Sauce
1-2 lemons
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into eight slices

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut English muffin halves into 3/4-inch pieces using Chef's Knife; arrange in a single layer on flat Baking Stone. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; place muffin pieces into (12-in.) Skillet. Dice Canadian bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; sprinkle over muffin pieces and set aside.

2. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Meanwhile, in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. While continuously whisking, gradually add half and half; whisk until smooth. Whisk in eggs and cayenne pepper. Carefully pour egg mixture into Skillet. Bake 18-22 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken (internal temperature should be 160°F); remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.

3. Meanwhile, for lemon-butter sauce, zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/4 cup juice. In (2-qt.) Saucepan, combine lemon zest and juice; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until lemon juice reduces by half. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in butter slices, one at a time, whisking after each addition using Silicone Sauce Whisk until butter is melted and sauce is smooth.

4. To serve, cut Baked Eggs Benedict into wedges using Small Nylon Turner. Drizzle each serving with lemon-butter sauce.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 wedge and 2 teaspoons sauce): Calories 320, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 230 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 430 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Canadian bacon is a lean smoked meat that is closer in kin to ham than regular bacon. Thickly sliced deli baked ham can be substituted for the Canadian bacon, if desired.

Shopping List
4 whole English muffins
1 package (8 ounces) sliced Canadian bacon
4 ounces cream cheese
13/4 cups half and half
10 eggs
1/2-3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 small bunch fresh parsley

Lemon-Butter Sauce
1-2 lemons
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

Canadian bacon is a lean smoked meat that is closer in kin to ham than regular bacon. Thickly sliced deli baked ham can be substituted for the Canadian bacon, if desired.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

or

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/chicken_chili.pdf

I guess my brain keeps going to breakfast foods... BRUNCH is new to me! I love the suggestions.

How about baking some bacon for a salty/crunchy item - fruit with dip for the tangy and healthy bit and then this (recipe below) for the EASY and sweet treat! I get rave reviews every time I make this! I mean EVERY TIME!!! LOL I just had someone stop me in the car pool line for the recipe today. LOL Or BLT's and this recipe with fruit!!

Breakfast Cinnamon Casserole

2 packs of crescent rolls

8 oz cream cheese

¾ cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

Cinnamon to taste

½ stick of butter

In a casserole dish layer 1 pack of crescent rolls. Mix cream cheese and powdered
sugar together and spread over crescent rolls. Layer 2 nd pack of crescent rolls
over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon over top to taste, sprinkle brown
sugar over that evenly. Slice the butter and place all over the top (pats of butter). Bake at 350
degrees for 20-30 min .

I am also doing a brunch this year...

I too am making the "Sausage" and Cheese Brunch Squares
2 Dozen Bagels w/ 2 different whipped cream cheeses
Coldcut Platter (ham, rb, turkey, swiss and american) w Bread tray
Bread Tray (pumpernickel, rye and marble)
Olive Tray (marinated olives, roasted peppers and marinated artichoke hearts)
Fruit Salad
Christmas Cookies and
White Chocolate Cherry Almond Pound Cake (in my poinsetta bundt pan)

(oopps - my mom is making deviled eggs too)

Last edited:
PamperedCaniac said:
How about baking some bacon for a salty/crunchy item - fruit with dip for the tangy and healthy bit and then this (recipe below) for the EASY and sweet treat! I get rave reviews every time I make this! I mean EVERY TIME!!! LOL I just had someone stop me in the car pool line for the recipe today. LOL Or BLT's and this recipe with fruit!!

Breakfast Cinnamon Casserole

2 packs of crescent rolls

8 oz cream cheese

¾ cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

Cinnamon to taste

½ stick of butter

In a casserole dish layer 1 pack of crescent rolls. Mix cream cheese and powdered
sugar together and spread over crescent rolls. Layer 2 nd pack of crescent rolls
over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon over top to taste, sprinkle brown
sugar over that evenly. Slice the butter and place all over the top (pats of butter). Bake at 350
degrees for 20-30 min .

OH MY YUMMYNESS:love:

The eggs benedict sounds delish!! I am definitely going to have to try that one - esp. since DH loves eggs benedict. Thanks for sharing that recipe! :)

Spinach Artichoke Ring - delish, easy and so festive!

I just looked through ALL THE BEST...here are two I came up with....Mini Cinnamon Christmas Tree Rolls (looks super easy and very yummy, too) and the Peachy Cheese Coffee Cake ( I made this once for a brunch-type show--very easy and tasty, too) good luck...if you need these recipes just give a yell :sing:

Ok, not a PC recipe, but this will blow everyone away.

Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup
Prep Time: 20 min Inactive Prep Time: 8 hr 0 min Cook Time: 40 min Level:
Easy Serves: 6 to 8 servings
1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces) (I generally buy two loaves of Pepperidge farm thick toasting cinnamon raisin bread for this part)
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup

Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
At this point, I sprinkle dried cherries on it. Hey, they are fruit, and we need our fruit, and this makes it healthy, right??
Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread
Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.
The syrup is pretty much over the top, but some like it.

Praline Topping:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.

This is THE requested breakfast/brunch entree from my friends and family. It is so good, it's like Paula Deen says, "it's sinful!"

1. What are some menu ideas for hosting a family holiday event for 14 people?

Some popular menu ideas for a family holiday event with 14 guests could include a traditional roast turkey with all the trimmings, a glazed ham, or a vegetarian option such as a stuffed squash or mushroom Wellington. Sides like roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and dinner rolls are also classic holiday favorites.

2. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for my guests?

If you have guests with dietary restrictions, it's important to plan ahead and offer alternative options. For vegetarians, consider a meat-free main dish like a lentil loaf or vegetable lasagna. For gluten-free guests, you can offer a gluten-free stuffing or serve dishes without gluten-containing ingredients. It's always a good idea to ask your guests for their dietary restrictions beforehand so you can plan accordingly.

3. Can I make any dishes ahead of time to save time and stress on the day of the event?

Absolutely! Many dishes can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. This can include side dishes like mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce. Desserts like pies and cakes can also be made ahead of time. Just be sure to properly store and reheat the dishes according to their specific instructions.

4. What are some easy appetizer ideas to serve before the main meal?

Some simple and delicious appetizer ideas for a family holiday event could include a cheese and fruit platter, deviled eggs, or a spinach and artichoke dip with crackers or bread. You can also get creative and make holiday-themed appetizers, like cranberry and brie bites or mini quiches with holiday-inspired fillings.

5. How can I involve my guests in the cooking and serving process?

If you want to get your guests involved in the cooking and serving process, you can assign them specific tasks or dishes to bring. This can not only help alleviate some of the workload for you, but also make your guests feel more involved and part of the event. You can also set up a DIY station for a dish like mashed potatoes or a make-your-own-sundae bar for dessert to get everyone involved in the fun.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefNic
Replies
Views
raebates