• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happy Thanksgiving! Tips for Hosting Your First Holiday Gathering with Family

In summary, when planning a menu for your first holiday gathering, consider your guests' dietary restrictions and preferences, and include a variety of traditional and new dishes. To keep track of cooking and baking tasks, create a detailed timeline and to-do list. Adding festive decorations and playing holiday music can make your home feel more welcoming. When preparing for overnight guests, communicate beforehand and stock up on essentials. To involve your guests in the gathering, encourage them to bring a dish or assign them a task, and plan fun activities.
lacychef
I'm sure I won't be on here anymore till Friday.....so I wanted to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!:D
Be thankful for what you have.....and don't eat too much, lol!
I'm hosting the day at our house for about 15 of my family members. I'm nervous/excited because I've never hosted a holiday before. Our old house was way too small; so I'm really happy & thankful to have this house that I can actually have company in! Of course, I don't even have to do all the cooking; my mom's coming to help, and my grandma's coming--so of course she thinks she needs to bring half the meal!
Anyway, have a great day tomorrow:) Now I gotta get busy cleaning! My girls spent the night at my mom's last nite, so I have no excuse to not get done!

It's a wonderful holiday - unless you happen to be a turkey.

I'll add my wishes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1. How do I plan a menu for my first holiday gathering?

When planning your menu, consider the dietary restrictions and preferences of your guests. Plan a variety of dishes, including both traditional holiday favorites and some new, unique recipes. Don't forget to also include options for appetizers, side dishes, and desserts.

2. What is the best way to keep track of all my cooking and baking tasks?

Creating a detailed timeline and to-do list can help you stay organized and on top of all your cooking and baking tasks. Start by making a list of all the dishes you plan to make, then break down the steps for each dish and assign a specific time for each task.

3. How can I make my home feel festive and welcoming?

Adding festive decorations such as fall-themed centerpieces, table runners, and candles can help create a warm and inviting atmosphere. You can also play some holiday music and light some scented candles to set the mood.

4. What are some tips for preparing for overnight guests?

Make sure to communicate with your guests beforehand to confirm their arrival time and any special accommodations they may need. Stock up on essentials like extra bedding, towels, and toiletries. Consider making a welcome basket with snacks, water, and any necessary information about your home and the surrounding area.

5. How can I involve my guests in the holiday gathering?

Encourage your guests to bring a dish or beverage to share, or assign them a specific task to help with the meal preparation. You can also plan some fun activities such as a holiday movie marathon, board games, or a group cooking session. This will not only help you out, but also make your guests feel more involved and included in the gathering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
wadesgirl