• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Counting My Blessings: A Reflection on Gratitude and Family during Thanksgiving

In summary, this woman is thankful for many things in her life. She is thankful for her family, her friends, her church community, her country, and her Jesus.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I love this time of year, and time to stop and reflect on all the blessings God has given me, and just how much I have to be thankful for.......the list could go on and on - but I thought it would be fun if we could all spend some time together sharing what makes us FULL OF THANKS........

For me,
My family of course - I am so blessed with an incredible husband, and my son who was an unexpected, but so much loved gift from God. I'm thankful that we can be together with extended family for Thanksgiving, and that, for the most part, our family is all healthy.
I'm thankful for so many friends ~ in so many different walks of live, who make my life more full, and add joy and laughter to my days.
I'm thankful that I am a part of a church community that lives what they teach.

I'm thankful for this incredible Country we call home. (for those of us in the U.S.) The opportunities and freedoms we have here are like no other, and I am also grateful for my brother and the many other (past and present) military personnel who give of themselves for us, and our country.

What a great thread to start!

I am thankful for my amazing children and for my family. I am thankful for every moment I have with my mother - I know every second is a gift. I am thankful to be healthy and for my family to be healthy as well. I am thankful for this wonderful business we all have and for the support we all get from one another. I am thankful for my friends who are taking us in this Thanksgiving since our local family members...well, this is a THAKFUL thread so I am not going there...I am thankful for all the good and wonderful people I am surrounded by...

OH... where to start... I'm so thankful for my Jesus! and my DH and my family, I'm thankful my PG daughter came home instead of going where Planned Parenthood tried to send her. I'm thankful for my yet unborn grandson! I'm thankful for all the people God has placed around me including CS. I thank God for PC and how it has changed my life. I'm SO thankful for the troops who sacrifice to keep our country safe and free. I just stand thankful, thankful, thankful!

I am thankful for God & this country that we live in--it really is the best.
I'm thankful for my family; both immediate & extended. Family means the world to me. My girls light up every day. I'm thankful for my parents; I have a wonderful relationship with them. I am thankful for our health as well. I am thankful for this business; I can't imagine my life without PC! I am also thankful to be in the home we're in.

Thanks for starting this thread!

I am thankful for all of the ways that God provides for me and my family. He provides for all of our NEEDS...and then many of our wants and desires.

I am thankful for a WONDERFUL funny, loving, and supportive husband!

I am thankful for 3 great kids, and for the opportunity to go through pregnancy and childbirth...and hopefully for the chance to experience it again. (Only one of the three is bio mine, so I have only been preggo once.)

I am thankful that Jesus gives me strength each day to deal with "life". Losing my Mom...dealing with step kids and their immoral Mom...so many things I deal with that I can't imagine dealing with without the wisdom/strength/love that I get from Him!

I am thankful for my PC business and the amazing people that I have met because of it!

I am thankful for our country and the men and women who protect us!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm thankful to finally be able to work from home. I'm thankful for my family and kids and friends. I'm thankful to have found this forum and all you wonderful folks here. I'm thankful to have been through the hard times I've experienced because it seems to help others know that no matter what happens, it's temporary and good days will return. I'm thankful for having shelter, a full pantry and though my appliances bug the bejeebers outta me, I'm thankful that I have them for they do make my life easier than it could be. I'm thankful for the garage full of wood pellets and the strong man who carries them in. I'm thankful for to the gods for giving me the strength to make it through, the appreciation to see even the good in the bad and the patience that's come in so handy once I had kids. LOL.. I'm thankful they gave me a sense of humor... I'm so thankful that I tend to list them every day but glad there's one day a year that they're celebrated.

I'm thankful for:My relationship with Jesus
The Furry Guy
My sweet baby boy (Hey, he may be 21, but he'll always be my baby :))
A year of good health
The way my business has grown this year
My friends--those I see in the flesh, and those I only see in cyberspace

There isn't enough room here, nor enough time to type out all of the things, great and small, that I'm thankful for. None of them would mean anything, however, had not all of the strange events occurred that brought me to the late Dr. David Sherman. He was the oncologist who saved my life before cancer took him. Had I not met him, everything else would be meaningless.God bless you, Dr. David, whereever you are.

I'm hereby officially add Dr. David Sherman to my list of gratitude. Without him, I would never have had the chance to make the online acquaintance of KG.

I'm thankful that I have a job, as much as I hate and complain about it. I'm thankful that a woman I met at my SIL's house was bold enough to ask if I had ever though about becoming a PC consultant. I'm thankful for my family and friends, far and near, in person and online. I'm thankful for Greg and Deb starting this wacky corner of the internet.

There's more, but I'd be here all day typing.

Thank you, Rae, and Ann, I'm sure Deb didn't plan this to be as wacky as we've made it. I can only hope she and Greg are thankful for the opened can of mixed nuts that turned this place into the asylum it has become.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Thank you, Rae, and Ann, I'm sure Deb didn't plan this to be as wacky as we've made it. I can only hope she and Greg are thankful for the opened can of mixed nuts that turned this place into the asylum it has become.
I claim cashew! Who's the pecan? Peanut?

I'm a big ol' Brazil nut.

Sometimes I feel like a nut......

The Kat Lady would be a Filbert. You'll have to ask her, yourself.

raebates said:
I'm a big ol' Brazil nut.

I can't repeat what they were called when I was little!

chefann said:
I claim cashew! Who's the pecan? Peanut?
Know the difference between Beer nuts and deer nuts?

Beer nuts are a buck and a half a bag but deer nuts are under a buck.

Another perfectly good thread, successfully hijacked...I personally echo Becky's sentiments...but I have 2 kids not one...and love them both to death!I'd be typing forever of what I'm thankful for!

janetupnorth said:
My Grandpa called them that until the day he died - couldn't tell him any different.:eek:

I'm thankful that this place is full of people who don't take themselves so seriously that they're stuffy.

Yeah- as if ANY of us could be considered stuffy, except when we're suffering from seasonal allergies or a cold. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
My Grandpa called them that until the day he died - couldn't tell him any different.:eek:

My mom still does it - luckily not in public because she lives too close to Milwaukee and might get shot!

They grew up hearing that all their lives and I know my mom truly means nothing derogatory by it but she still says it out of habit. Unfortunately if she was in public nowadays people wouldn't understand.

janetupnorth said:

Probably the same thing my grandpa called them--a very politically incorrect term. :eek:

janetupnorth said:
Another perfectly good thread, successfully hijacked...

I personally echo Becky's sentiments...but I have 2 kids not one...and love them both to death!

I'd be typing forever of what I'm thankful for!

I have a feeling that the "Thankful" part of this thread will continue throughout the day.....

But, on that note, I'm thankful for the hijacking hi-jinks that go on around here! Sometimes, when reading one of those, I remember to laugh and lighten up! They are good for my soul!

chefann said:
I'm thankful that this place is full of people who don't take themselves so seriously that they're stuffy.

Yeah- as if ANY of us could be considered stuffy, except when we're suffering from seasonal allergies or a cold. :)
By 4:00 PM on Thursday, the correct tense would be past, as in, "stuffed."

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a feeling that the "Thankful" part of this thread will continue throughout the day.....

But, on that note, I'm thankful for the hijacking hi-jinks that go on around here! Sometimes, when reading one of those, I remember to laugh and lighten up! They are good for my soul!
We help the true nuts break out of their shell.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
By 4:00 PM on Thursday, the correct tense would be past, as in, "stuffed."
That's when my T'giving gathering starts. :) mmm... finger foods. Which reminds me, I need to make sure I have enough ruffly toothpicks for the meatballs and snausages.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We help the true nuts break out of their shell.

I believe I resemble that remark. :balloon:

Are you a true nut or a tree nut?

chefann said:
That's when my T'giving gathering starts. :) mmm... finger foods. Which reminds me, I need to make sure I have enough ruffly toothpicks for the meatballs and snausages.

Aren't those dog food? Bold move, Ann. Are you sure you SIL will approve? :p

janetupnorth said:
Are you a true nut or a tree nut?

With my luck, I'll find out I'm simply a legume. :(

chefann said:

I'm quite stuffy right now.....but that would be a post for the EWWWWW thread!:D

Oh -which reminds me - I'm very thankful that my son is finally feeling better. This virus has been really rough on our family - many sleepless nights!

Great Thread!!

I am thankful first and foremost to God for sending his son Jesus to die for my sins so that I can spend eternity with God in Heaven. I am thankful to Jesus for willingly giving his life to provide salvation for me. I am thankful for my wonderful family...a wonderful husband, 3 wonderful children, great parents, and too many aunts, uncles, and cousins to count. I am very thankful for the many, many friends I have. I am thankful for my wonderful pastors who live what they teach and our wonderful church family. And, I am thankful for the wonderful country we live in. I am also thankful for our wonderful military men and women who protect all of our freedoms.

raebates said:
Aren't those dog food? Bold move, Ann. Are you sure you SIL will approve? :p
Bossy SIL won't even be there tomorrow! She and her DH are in AZ. Snausages is just our family nickname for mini smoked sausages. I'm serving them in the 20-minute ribs BBQ sauce.

Tomorrow's menu:
- Li'l Smokies in BBQ sauce
- Swedish meatballs in gravy
- Crab Rangoon Dip, served with Chinese Mustard flavored wonton chips
- veggies (baby carrots, cucumber and zucchini) and French onion dip
- Mini turkey panini with gravy to dip them in
- mini bacon and cheese quiches
- pumpkin pie
- pumple pie (a layer of apple topped by a layer of pumpkin)
- cranberry-apple cookie cobbler
- coffee, milk, beer, pop, wine, cider

chefann said:
Bossy SIL won't even be there tomorrow! She and her DH are in AZ. Snausages is just our family nickname for mini smoked sausages. I'm serving them in the 20-minute ribs BBQ sauce.

Tomorrow's menu:
- Li'l Smokies in BBQ sauce
- Swedish meatballs in gravy
- Crab Rangoon Dip, served with Chinese Mustard flavored wonton chips
- veggies (baby carrots, cucumber and zucchini) and French onion dip
- Mini turkey panini with gravy to dip them in
- mini bacon and cheese quiches
- pumpkin pie
- pumple pie (a layer of apple topped by a layer of pumpkin)
- cranberry-apple cookie cobbler
- coffee, milk, beer, pop, wine, cider

Ohhh, YUMMY!!! An Appetizer & Dessert Thanksgiving! That menu sounds truly scrumptious! (now, if you are a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang fan - you can be humming that song along with me!:D )

I am just so thankful to have my family. I just love to stand in our circle for prayer and hold hands. It is a beautiful site!

I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful that I have a healthy 8 month old son and my husband has been cancer free for a year now. I am truly blessed with everything that is in my life. I couldn't ask for anything more.

mommylove_07 said:
I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful that I have a healthy 8 month old son and my husband has been cancer free for a year now. I am truly blessed with everything that is in my life. I couldn't ask for anything more.
You know, sometimes I wish that instead of a star, some of us could have a ribbon as a survivor. All my best to your DH for being a fellow survivor. It's been eight years, almost nine, for me now and I salute everyone else who has made it this far!

chefann said:
Bossy SIL won't even be there tomorrow! She and her DH are in AZ.

What a shame. I know you'll miss her. How will you ever know exactly how to do things without her? :rolleyes:

chefann said:
Snausages is just our family nickname for mini smoked sausages. I'm serving them in the 20-minute ribs BBQ sauce.

I figured as much. We play similar food word games in our home.

Boogers & Flies (Burgers & Fries)
Old Rotten Potatoes (Au Gratin Potatoes)
Groundhog (Groundhog) ;)

raebates said:
What a shame. I know you'll miss her. How will you ever know exactly how to do things without her? :rolleyes:
Ann misses her alright, but her aim is improving.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ann misses her alright, but her aim is improving.

Her aim would have to be really good. It's a long way from Michigan to Arizona.

What's really funny is that a couple of weeks ago, FIL called to talk to DH. He mentioned "your idiot sister." DH asked, "Which one?" Which struck my FIL as completely hilarious - and true! (The boys got all the brains in that family.)

If bossy SIL were going to be there, I'd have raw green beans on the veggie tray and deep fried green beans with dipping sauce on the menu, too.

Edited to add: The people in the cubes around me are going to think I'm nuts, because I'm sitting here giggling to myself. (I'm at a new client site. Started Monday. None of these people really know me yet. Although I did give my supervisor a catalog on Monday. She saw them on the desk and practically squealed. :) )

Last edited:
Now I know why this thread is so long already! You silly people. :)I'm thankful for the silly people in my life and for the people who let me be silly, too.
I'm thankful for my relationships with: God, family (we all get along, no long term fighting), Chef Success people; that I was able to purchase a Wii this morning after standing in line for only an hour, for pumpkin pie and bread, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, and the comfortable conditions of my life when compared to so much of this world. So much more, but I can't stay on here all day.

Bump!

I want to hear more Thanks-giving!

I'm thankful that God is in my life. Without him, none of the rest of this would be possible.
I'm thankful for my amazing dh who thinks I'm beautiful & sexy even when I'm not.
I'm thankful for my 3 wonderful kids!
I'm thankful that I have a warm home with lots of food to put on the table & feed my family.
I'm thankful that I have great friends that are here for me when I need them.
I'm thankful for all of my friends here on CS that make me laugh and give me great help when it comes to my PC business!

chefann said:
......There's more, but I'd be here all day typing.
ummmmm....hasn't stopped you before now......:D

I'm thankful for so much!

My Husband is wonderful.
My Son is loving and adorable.
My Parents are great.
My 90 y/o Grandmother, God bless her soul, is still here and doing great.
My Brother was able to kick the drugs and has been clean for 5 years now.
My PC business.....thank you Doris for enabling all of us!
I have fantastic neighbors (well, most of them....)
I could go on and on and on, but you get the idea.

Life is GOOD!

I am thankful for

Jesus being my Savior
My family
My friends
My job
My PC job and other side jobs
For living in a free country where I can worship without fear
Having a roof over my head and food to eat
I could go on and on too as most of us can.............

I am thankful that God doesn't let us wallow in our sin and death. He seeks us out and I'm thankful that I turned to Him. I am thankful that my husband is able to provide for our family. I am thankful that we have enough (more than enough) and enough to share! I am thankful that the Lord has given my PC business a purpose. I am thankful He is helping me to change lives at my Cooking Shows! I am thankful that my four kiddos are healthy, happy, and LOVED!! I am thankful for my friends in flesh and blood and in cyberspace. I am thankful that the Lord says He will fight my battles, so I don't have to worry about those people who dislike me. I am thankful that we have a large family that lives close enough to impact the kid's lives. I am thankful for strong Christian friends who keep me looking to the Lord.

I am thankful that when I get off from here I will have a soft warm bed to lie in with a warm body next to me.

I am thankful for my dh and son who I love so much. I am thankful that my mother who has gone through breast cancer twice as well as an emergence surgery to remove a cancerous tumor is healthy and happy. I can't even think of life with out my whole family and my great friends. I am also thankful that a good friend is home safe from Irac after spending almost 2 years there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.

<h2>1. What is "Counting My Blessings" and why is it important during Thanksgiving?</h2><p>"Counting My Blessings" is a reflection on gratitude and family during Thanksgiving. It is a time to stop and reflect on all the blessings that God has given us and to be thankful for them. It is important because it allows us to appreciate and acknowledge the good things in our lives, and to remember that despite any challenges we may face, we still have much to be thankful for.</p><h2>2. What do you enjoy most about this time of year?</h2><p>I love spending time with my family and friends, and being able to reflect on all the things that make me grateful. It's also a time for cozy gatherings, delicious food, and creating special memories with loved ones.</p><h2>3. Who are you most grateful for in your life?</h2><p>I am incredibly grateful for my family, especially my husband and my son. They bring so much love, joy, and support into my life. I am also thankful for my extended family, friends, and church community who add so much value to my life.</p><h2>4. What do you appreciate most about your country during this time of year?</h2><p>I am grateful to live in a country that offers so many opportunities and freedoms. And during this time of year, I am especially thankful for the men and women who have served or are currently serving in the military, sacrificing for our country and our freedom.</p><h2>5. How do you plan to celebrate Thanksgiving?</h2><p>I will be celebrating with my extended family, enjoying a delicious meal together and sharing what we are thankful for. We will also take some time to reflect on the true meaning of Thanksgiving and give thanks to God for all our blessings.</p>

1. What is "Counting My Blessings" and why is it important during Thanksgiving?

"Counting My Blessings" is a reflection on gratitude and family during Thanksgiving. It is a time to stop and reflect on all the blessings that God has given us and to be thankful for them. It is important because it allows us to appreciate and acknowledge the good things in our lives, and to remember that despite any challenges we may face, we still have much to be thankful for.

2. What do you enjoy most about this time of year?

I love spending time with my family and friends, and being able to reflect on all the things that make me grateful. It's also a time for cozy gatherings, delicious food, and creating special memories with loved ones.

3. Who are you most grateful for in your life?

I am incredibly grateful for my family, especially my husband and my son. They bring so much love, joy, and support into my life. I am also thankful for my extended family, friends, and church community who add so much value to my life.

4. What do you appreciate most about your country during this time of year?

I am grateful to live in a country that offers so many opportunities and freedoms. And during this time of year, I am especially thankful for the men and women who have served or are currently serving in the military, sacrificing for our country and our freedom.

5. How do you plan to celebrate Thanksgiving?

I will be celebrating with my extended family, enjoying a delicious meal together and sharing what we are thankful for. We will also take some time to reflect on the true meaning of Thanksgiving and give thanks to God for all our blessings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefZee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies