• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blessed to Bless: How Giving Changes Our Hearts

In summary, Becky is overwhelmed with the amount of new things she has received recently and struggles with whether she should be grateful for all the new material possessions she has acquired or if she should focus more on how to use them to bless others. She is encouraged by a recent financial blessing and reflects on how her priorities should be focused on putting God first.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
The past 2 days, as I've seen the list of new products, I've thought alot about how blessed I am, and also about how much I don't want to be taken over by the material things of this world. I want my heart and my life to be Christ-centered, and not cluttered or distracted by the stuff. I've been thinking that I already have so much, and now I am getting so much more, and just really struggling with the "fatness" of it all - too much stuff! Well, I just came home from an afternoon/evening away with my family, to an email from a lady from my church. A Refugee family from Iraq (a family who helped my pastor when he was on an Aid Mission there right after the fall of Saddam) is coming to MI to live - and our church is getting them set up in their new home. She was sending out a long list of things they need for their home - and I realized I can bless them with so much! I will be able to make sure they have pots & pans (a whole set of Professional Cookware!) a colander & bowl set, batter bowls, scrapers & spatulas, Bamboo Tools, etc.....I was almost giddy with joy when I emailed her back with my first list - more to come as I go through my cupboards and storage - but I am so thrilled that God KNEW my heart, and that He knew there was a need, and that He put me in a position to be able to bless someone else in need! Taking what I have been given (what He has given!), and being able to give it back and pass it on!

That is awesome, Becky. Let me know if there are things you can't cover. I have a box in the basement.

JAE said:
That is awesome, Becky. Let me know if there are things you can't cover. I have a box in the basement.

Thanks! I'll let you know!:)

Becky that is so cool!

I feel the same way this weekend. I am able to pass on two totes of 3T clothes from Kyle to a family in Racine that is up here this weekend who can use them.

Becky, I know God will bless your gift in more ways than you know!

My mom just called last night and we were talking about finances and budget. She has always tithed her ENTIRE life. My parents never had much, but always enough. She talked about how she was short from her budget by $75 in December and she prayed about it because she knew if she didn't give to church or elsewhere she'd have the money, but she gave that first ALWAYS. Well, long story short, the credit union she belongs to gave her an end of a year bonus of $50, $10 came in from a rebate she forgot about and another bill turned out $15 cheaper than planned. Seems little, but very big.

The more you give unselfishly, the more you will be blessed with.

Thanks for the perspective, Becky. Some times we do become way too attached to material items. It is important to remember that our things are not truly OUR things--all things belong to God. It's all about how we choose to use what God has entrusted to each of us (whether it's our own individual gifts or our financial means).

In January, our pastor traditionally does a series on stewardship and debt. I attended service tonight and it focused on debt and the different kinds of spenders. He listed 4, and I felt like I fit in each category! lol (Impulsive, Compulsive, Revenge (showing that *old* item how much nicer the new version is--especially cars), and Specific (such as those w/ hobbies or interests--i.e. PC, which is just ONE for me!) Life really is about priorities and doing the right thing, especially putting God first and honoring Him in all areas of our lives.

However, it still is fun for me to get excited about the new stuff. And, yes, I have WAY too much stuff already, but I think those of us who earned the SAT levels did work hard to get there, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being excited, just as long as we keep it in perspective. I think it's awesome that you are putting your older items to a GREAT use. I like to joke and be silly a lot, and so some of my posts are tongue in cheek, too. But, I think it is AWESOME that your blessings will be able to in turn bless others, especially those who serve God. I think that means your blessings will only increase more. We watched an amazing clip tonight at the beginning of the service about a man who earned $50,000 a year and rose to a challenge to donate $1 million to Campus Crusade for Christ and while it took several years, he did it. To have that kind of trust and faith is amazing to me, especially since he was married and had children, but his wife was totally behind him. He owned a business that sold machines and basically gave $50,000 the first year, and went up to $100,000 the next year, and always God provided the means for him to donate and to continue to run his business and support his family. God is great! I'm so glad those of us who are Believers can openly talk about our faith on this board.

I believe if we keep tithing and being good stewards of our blessings, and God will continue to bless each of us.

God bless you all!

Tammy

Becky, I am so glad that God has provided you this opportunity to use your gains to bless others. They will be so thankful I am sure. And I think it will make a different to them to see they have quality stuff. So many people when they give, give the cheapest instead of giving the best. I know your heart will be blessed and so will theirs.

Janet, I glad you had the opportunity to give as well. I have always believed that when you tithe God will give you exactly what you need when you need when it comes to money. There are so many times that we think of what we could do with our tithes but we know God does so much more with them than we ever could.

You are both a testament to God's goodness!:angel:

RaggedyAunt said:
Thanks for the perspective, Becky. Some times we do become way too attached to material items. It is important to remember that our things are not truly OUR things--all things belong to God. It's all about how we choose to use what God has entrusted to each of us (whether it's our own individual gifts or our financial means).

In January, our pastor traditionally does a series on stewardship and debt. I attended service tonight and it focused on debt and the different kinds of spenders. He listed 4, and I felt like I fit in each category! lol (Impulsive, Compulsive, Revenge (showing that *old* item how much nicer the new version is--especially cars), and Specific (such as those w/ hobbies or interests--i.e. PC, which is just ONE for me!) Life really is about priorities and doing the right thing, especially putting God first and honoring Him in all areas of our lives.

However, it still is fun for me to get excited about the new stuff. And, yes, I have WAY too much stuff already, but I think those of us who earned the SAT levels did work hard to get there, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being excited, just as long as we keep it in perspective. I think it's awesome that you are putting your older items to a GREAT use. I like to joke and be silly a lot, and so some of my posts are tongue in cheek, too. But, I think it is AWESOME that your blessings will be able to in turn bless others, especially those who serve God. I think that means your blessings will only increase more. We watched an amazing clip tonight at the beginning of the service about a man who earned $50,000 a year and rose to a challenge to donate $1 million to Campus Crusade for Christ and while it took several years, he did it. To have that kind of trust and faith is amazing to me, especially since he was married and had children, but his wife was totally behind him. He owned a business that sold machines and basically gave $50,000 the first year, and went up to $100,000 the next year, and always God provided the means for him to donate and to continue to run his business and support his family. God is great! I'm so glad those of us who are Believers can openly talk about our faith on this board.

I believe if we keep tithing and being good stewards of our blessings, and God will continue to bless each of us.

God bless you all!

Tammy

Oh Tammy, me too! I'm the one who started the News From Leadership thread that got so out of control!:D :rolleyes: :D

I just want to keep my perspective right in the middle of all the excitement! I will be waiting as impatiently as everyone else to tear into my new boxes of goodies!

janetupnorth said:
Becky that is so cool!

I feel the same way this weekend. I am able to pass on two totes of 3T clothes from Kyle to a family in Racine that is up here this weekend who can use them.

Becky, I know God will bless your gift in more ways than you know!

My mom just called last night and we were talking about finances and budget. She has always tithed her ENTIRE life. My parents never had much, but always enough. She talked about how she was short from her budget by $75 in December and she prayed about it because she knew if she didn't give to church or elsewhere she'd have the money, but she gave that first ALWAYS. Well, long story short, the credit union she belongs to gave her an end of a year bonus of $50, $10 came in from a rebate she forgot about and another bill turned out $15 cheaper than planned. Seems little, but very big.

The more you give unselfishly, the more you will be blessed with.

I have some incredible stories of how God blesses when we are obedient!

Thanks Janet!

What a beautiful reminder of what we as Christians are to live our lives doing and how EASY it is to bless others when we allow ourselves to remember how much God has blessed us already. Becky, thank you so much for sharing!

Goosebumps!!! Yay God!!!

Wow, thank you so much for your story!

I'm so thankful to God for my PC business. I lost my job 6 years ago. Not only have we struggled due to the loss of income, which PC has helped with. PC has given me some wonderful things I never would have been able to afford. It has brought much happiness to my life.

I have also given away many things from my kitchen. My church collects for a yearly garage sale. Last year I took about 4 van loads - and they had a record year:). I've also given many items to the Good Will. Your experience will be much better knowing who is getting your products.

Last edited:
That is so awesome!

I love having God in my life and business!
I wanted to mention, there is a yahoogroup for ChristianPC consultants
PC4JC go to yahoogroups.com and search! I was going to conference, and my Mother In Law passed away . . what a God centered funeral!
Blessings
Carrie

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL Carrie.

It is great to hear how God works in us. There had been many times when we had several weeks left in a month and didn't know how we were going to buy groceries and pay bills. God always brought me shows and my husband, computer jobs. This last month, with Christmas and an $800 garnishment on my check, we were the first week of January and wondering how rent was going to be paid. We were $200 shy. This would leave us with nothing for all of January. My husband got a call from the paper. They wanted to interview him for his small business. The same week his ad came out in the phone book. He has had a call a day. Today the paper article came out. He had 5 jobs. We will be fine. I had a $400 show today, and a call out of the blue from a past client who has collected orders and wants to do a catalog show. She is already at $300!!! Blessings are coming our way. My PC, kept us afloat last month.

What a happy story Becky!

and everyone else, thanks for sharing.....and reminding.

That was awesome too Julie! Yeah!

That is awesome Becky! I'm sure that family will feel just as blessed.

I just wanted to chime in and say...

I am so happy to work for a company built on the RIGHT standards, motives, and morals. 99% of the people I have met are genuine and caring individuals who want to help each other!

Thanks Becky for reminding ALL of us how blessed we are. The feeling of sharing what God has provided for us is sooooo cool! I mentioned to Becky that it's like being able to participate in one of God's miracles! I pray that each of us takes the time to listen to God's voice inside of us...and then are obedient to what He is asking of us. Blessing others also blesses us...

Enjoy time with Him today!

A pastor summed it up for me once: God is God - and we are not. PC rocks - go, God! God Bless You all!-praying for Paige and her family-

I have a similar story. My daughter and hubby live in a new neighborhood - the houses are all one to two years old. You know, those cute little subdivisions that are everywhere these days. Last week a young marine wife (husband is deployed) turned on the stove to boil a pot of water and accidently turned on the wrong burner (under a pan of grease), went to check on their baby - and started a grease fire. A mistake that could happen to anyone.

To make a long story short - the house is not a total loss but they have lost all possessions due to smoke and water damage. The whole neighborhood has rallyed about this family. They are collecting clothes and household items. My daughters double garage is full already as is her friends single garage. My daughter ask her Sunday School Class to help if they could - this morning they took up an offering and she called me nearly in tears that there were four $100 bills in the jar. I too have a few pieces of Professional Cookware that is barely used and a couple stones that are still in the box. Any doubles of products, Im giving to her. All this in ones weeks time. God is So Good.

Phil 4:13, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!" Our God will provide!

My pastor talked about how God blesses us if we live under the realm of his blessings. Picture a big circle. God is above it pouring out blessings into the circle. If we are in the circle (in the "zone" is the message title) then we also have blessings to give out to others. Outside of the circle in the four corners (of the page) is written "ing". Sometimes instead of living in the zone receiving God's blessings and then blessing others we are outside being overwhelmed and consumed by the "ing's"...housing, clothing, bling bling, etc.
In our business God blesses us, and we are able to bless others if we aren't blind to where our blessings come from and what He would have us do with them.

Hey Becky,

Having just moved, and moved in with my sister, I'm sure I have extra something that I don't need.

In fact, in looking at all of the boxes sitting in this house, I'm SURE I have extra things I don't need. Let me know what they need and I'll see what I have.

Jean

Hey Jean!

Congratulations on the move! Are you still in the same area, or over more this way?

I'll let you know what they need ~ thanks!

What is the "Blessed to Bless" program about?

The "Blessed to Bless" program is a philanthropy initiative created by Pampered Chef to encourage giving and generosity among its employees and customers. The program aims to make a positive impact in the community by supporting various charitable organizations and causes.

How does giving through "Blessed to Bless" benefit the community?

The "Blessed to Bless" program supports a wide range of charitable organizations and causes, including those that focus on helping families and children in need, providing disaster relief, and promoting education and health initiatives. By giving through this program, individuals can make a positive impact in their local communities and beyond.

How can I participate in the "Blessed to Bless" program?

Participation in the "Blessed to Bless" program is easy and can be done in a variety of ways. You can make a donation through the Pampered Chef website, attend a fundraising event, or purchase a special "Blessed to Bless" product where a portion of the proceeds will be donated to a charitable organization.

Can I nominate a charity or cause to be supported by the "Blessed to Bless" program?

Yes, Pampered Chef welcomes nominations for charitable organizations and causes to be supported by the "Blessed to Bless" program. Nominations can be submitted through the Pampered Chef website and are reviewed by a team to ensure they align with the program's mission and values.

How does giving through "Blessed to Bless" impact me personally?

Giving through the "Blessed to Bless" program not only benefits the community, but it can also have a positive impact on individuals. By being part of a giving community, individuals can experience a sense of fulfillment and purpose, and studies have shown that giving can also improve overall well-being and mental health.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • mspibb
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sharalam