1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What are you taking to your family for Thanksgiving? I have two

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

What are you taking to your family for Thanksgiving? I have two potlucks (one Thursday, one Saturday) and I cannot make up my mind what to bring. My coworker gave me a corn salsa recipe that I'm thinking of trying. I love bringing PC recipes, last year I brought pineapple salsa and apple berry salas.

Nov 12, 2009
  2. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

Re: Thanksgiving

I am probably taking a Pumpkin Trifle because I LOVE the trifle bowl..so I use that for any reason..I know this is not Thanksgiving..but my BIG family Christmas party I am doing the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp

Nov 12, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

OOh, those sound like great ideas. What is the Pumpking Trifle recipe?

Nov 12, 2009
  4. chefheidi2003

This is the recipe that I made up last year..I am a big fan of experimenting..and my family LOVES it when I do..LOL..they love this recipe.

Cake Layer
    1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix..plus ingredients to make it
    1 2/3 Tbsp Cinnamon Plus

Mix Cinnamon Plus in with the dry cake mix, then make cake according to box directions. Cool cake and cut into on inch cubes

Pumpkin Layer
    1 Lg Box Vanilla Pudding
    1 1/2 c milk
    1 (15oz) can Pumpkin (without spices)
    1 tbsp Cinnamon Plus
    (16oz) Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)

Mix Large Box of pudding, milk, can of pumpkin and cinnamon plus in a large bowl. Fold in whipped topping

Vanilla layer
    1 sm box french vanilla pudding
    1 c milk
    (8oz) Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
    Combine milk and pudding whishk until is starts to thicken. Fold in 8oz whipped topping

Assemble as a trifle..I don't think that you need the directions of that.

Nov 12, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

Sounds good to me. My thought would possibly be a graham cracker layer sort of like the Banana Cream Trifle to give it a "crust".

Nov 12, 2009
  6. chefheidi2003

That would probably be good as well..I put graham crackers in my Peanut Butter S'mores Trifle

Nov 12, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

Ooh, wait, what's that one?

Nov 12, 2009
  8. chefheidi2003

Peanut Butter S'mores Trifle

1 box brownie mix

bake as directed on box. And honestly I don't remember from time to time if I do the cake like directions or not.

1 Large box vanilla instant pudding and the milk that the box calls for whisk until it starts to stiffen. Then I just take the Sm Mix N Scraper and take a HEAPING scoop of creamy peanut butter and mix that in to the pudding until it is smooth then fold in 8oz container of frozen whipped topping thawed.

1 (16oz) container of Marshmallow fluff

crushed graham crackers - I just put them in a plastic sandwich bag and smash them but I just play with how many I want to use I just do whatever looks good

Brownie layer
    Marshmallow Layer
    Peanut Butter Layer
    Graham Cracker Layer

Sorry..these measurements are not as good as the pumpkin trifle ones..but..you get the idea.

Nov 12, 2009
  9. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

Well I have one Thanksgiving dinner this Saturday and I am doing the stuffing...its a crockpot stuffing and is soooo much better in my opinion then regular stuffing!
    Then on actual Thanksgiving I'm doing desserts, so that means I need to make up about 3-4 different desserts.
    Then the Saturday after Thanksgiving we have another dinner, and I am still not sure what I am taking to that.

Nov 12, 2009
  10. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I do the entire meal, in fact I'm feeding 14 people for a full week.

I do the full turkey Thanksgiving meal with lots of sides and 5 pies and lots of other meals all week long. Two of the PC favorites that are demanded are the Pepperoni Pizza Twist and Touchdown Taco Dip. I am trying a few new PC recipes this year to.

Nov 12, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Jessica - I'm trying a crockpot stuffing recipe this year too! Just don't have enough room in the oven for everything!

I am beyond excited, because my big brother the Marine, and his family will be here for Thanksgiving! It is the first time we have spent any holiday together in about 10 years, and I am thrilled!

I'm also thrilled because it means that I get to make a real, honest to goodness Thanksgiving Dinner! I have the organic, fresh turkey ordered, and it will be available for pickup the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I am planning all of the traditional sides - we will have stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, pineapple casserole, rolls and butter, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and Texas sheet cake.

Nov 12, 2009
  12. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'd love to hear more about the side dishes that you all make for Thanksgiving. I'm getting tired of just mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, sweet potatoes w/ brown sugar and butter, cranberry relish, and rolls. It's so traditional, it's kind of boring! :D

Any great side dish ideas out there?

Nov 12, 2009
  13. babywings76

Okay, so just as I hit enter on my post, Becky's was added before mine. Please, Becky....I love your menu...please don't think I was making my comment in reflection of yours!!! :D :blushing:

Nov 12, 2009
  14. babywings76

Becky, you have me curious as to what a pineapple casserole is. Can you share the recipe? Also, is it a special stuffing recipe that goes in the crockpot?

Nov 12, 2009
  15. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm curious too!!

16. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

we have macaronni and cheese the homemade kind, corn cassarole (yummy), baked beans, and then greenbeans with the real bacon fat in them so goooood!!! and cornbread...ours isn't so traditional at times lol

Nov 12, 2009
  17. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

The sides I do for Thanksgiving are stuffing IN the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, corn, cranberries, apple squash casserole, plain jello, jello with pineapple and other ingredients (I have a couple different recipes that I switch off with), bean salad (it's an awesome salad with peas, field peas, corn, bell pepper, onion... SOOOO good), broccoli salad. Then apple, pumpkin, cherry and pecan pies.

Nov 12, 2009
  18. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

I am traveling to Philly from Chicago on Thanksgiving Day, so I am going to kick back and let my mom do the cooking. It's just the parents, my bro, his little boy, and me, so dinner will be very simple...we have a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey, etc.

Nov 12, 2009
  19. Tropicalburstqt2

Tropicalburstqt2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm still debating on what I'm taking to Thanksgiving dinner. My family always does "Grandma's homemade chicken noodle soup". Grandma even makes the homemade noodles. Mmmm mmm! I made a pierogie casserole a few years back & that was quite a hit. We usually do potato & macaroni salad, another one of Grandma's recipes. Now you've got me thinking!!

20. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Perogie casserole? What's that? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE perogies! :love::love:

Nov 12, 2009
  21. Tropicalburstqt2

It's delicious. I'll have to look for the recipe, but when I find it, I'll post it on here & PM you with it so you are sure to get it. :)

22. Tropicalburstqt2

Pierogie Casserole

Bow Tie Pasta, cooked, 16 oz
    butter, salted, 2 stick
    onions, raw, 1 small chopped
    Mashed Potatoes, 2 cup if premade thin with 1/4 to 1/2 C milk while heating
    Velveeta Light Cheese Product, 8 oz cubed

Directions

Cook bow tie pasta according to box. Drain. On low heat add butter and onion until butter is melted. Add pasta and mix well. Put 1/2 pasta mixture in 9x13 casserole. Make sure mashed potatoes are hot ... add cubed velveta cheese and stir until well blended. Spread mixture on top of pasta. Top with remaining pasta. sprinkle a little velveeta (or add a few very thing slices) to top of casserole. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes ... remove cover and bake for another 30 minutes.

Number of Servings: 16

23. K_Jurich

K_Jurich Member

Ok last night I made this and very yummy but I had SOOOOOOO much I actually made 2. One in the triffle bowl then one in my classic batter bowl. So where did I go wrong. Do you always have alot let over

Nov 21, 2009
  24. wr4282

wr4282

Does anyone have a recipe for cranberry stuffing made in the deep covered baker? I made one last year and can't find the recipe.

Nov 24, 2009
  25. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I have 3 Thanksgiving meals.. one was Sunday, I have bfast at moms on Thurs am then dinner at DH mom's thurs afternoon. Luckily, my dad's side can't cook so I dont really eat there! LOL! Anyhow, with all those meals and trying to still be somewhat good (I'm not trying to be a saint, just cant gorge myself everywhere) I made an awesome salad for Sunday. It was a spinach salad made into layers and I put it in the spinner bowl. It had craisens, pecans, feta cheese, chopped red peppers, cherry tomatoes, chopped broccoli and frz peas. Very good.. I'm still eating on it!

dessert for MIL is this:
    Frosty Pumpkin Pie

2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
    1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9in)
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1 caton (8 oz) frz reduced fat whipping topping, thawed

spread yougurt into crust. freeze for 30 min
    Meanwhile, in a bowl, combie the pumpkin, sugar, spices, salt. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over frz yogurt. Freeze for 6 hurs or overnight. Remove from freezer 20 min before cutting.

1 piece = 282 calories, 7 g fat, 3 mg choleterol, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein

I'm looking forward to that!

Nov 24, 2009
  26. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I LOVE this recipe for the Pumpkin trifle. I made it constantly last year. Yes, it makes a lot. Sometimes I cut back on the 16 oz Cool Whip for the Pumpkin Layer (and save some of the Cool Whip plain for the EAD on top).
    Plus, I always only do 2 layers - when I do 3 it never fits.

Nov 24, 2009
Have something to add?