• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Right Laptop Processor: Intel Pentium vs i3 for Everyday Use

In summary, the Intel pentium 6200 and the i3 are both capable of running P3 software. RAM is also a good investment, as the chart recommends 1GB.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
I am looking into buying a laptop...I have a question about processors. The ones I am looking at have the intel pentium 6200 and i3 . My question is... Is the pentium quick still with P3. No gaming will be done on this, and wasn't sure what I should get.

I can't answer specifics, someone else may be able to....but in my opinion, in today's tech market, I don't think you'll have much trouble with ANY of those for running a program like P3. It's not graphic intensive or anything like that. The stuff out today is just amazing. Do your research about each- find reviews, or comparisons, etc if possible, and make the best choice based on that and your budget.

Techie here -- The 6200 is a dual thread and the i3 is 4-thread -- in other words it can run 4 things at once while the other can only run 2.

I have an i3. It's crazy fast and I love it! I would have loved an i5, but for my tasks, this was the best choice.

Oh, and I only buy Intel Processors -- stay away from AMD's -- they are notoriously problematic.

jwpamp said:
Techie here -- The 6200 is a dual thread and the i3 is 4-thread -- in other words it can run 4 things at once while the other can only run 2.

I have an i3. It's crazy fast and I love it! I would have loved an i5, but for my tasks, this was the best choice.

Oh, and I only buy Intel Processors -- stay away from AMD's -- they are notoriously problematic.

Awesome, thank you!!!

The P3 requirements are on this page
https://www.pamperedchef.com/cc/us/pop_ups/p3_system_requirements.htm

I gotta disagree about the AMD processors - that was true years ago, but not so much, these days. Just another opinion.

If you plan on having several programs open at one time, get as much RAM as you can afford. That PC chart says 1GB is recommended. It doesn't matter if the CPU can run 4 things at a time if it's constantly swapping out pagefiles due to not enough RAM.

Thanks gals..I really appreciate it. This is a lot more difficult than expected :)

1. What is the most important factor to consider when choosing a laptop processor?

The most important factor to consider when choosing a laptop processor is the processor's speed, also known as its clock speed. This determines how fast the processor can perform calculations and process data, which ultimately affects the overall performance of the laptop.

2. Should I prioritize the number of cores or the clock speed when choosing a laptop processor?

It depends on your specific needs. If you frequently run multiple programs at once, a processor with more cores would be beneficial. However, if you primarily use your laptop for basic tasks such as web browsing and word processing, a higher clock speed would be more important.

3. Is it worth investing in a more expensive laptop processor?

It depends on your usage and budget. If you are a heavy user who needs a laptop for demanding tasks such as video editing or gaming, investing in a higher-end processor may be worth it. However, if you primarily use your laptop for basic tasks, a mid-range processor may suffice.

4. What is the difference between Intel and AMD processors?

Intel and AMD are the two main manufacturers of processors for laptops. Generally, Intel processors are known for their higher clock speeds and better single-core performance, while AMD processors tend to have more cores and offer better multi-threaded performance. Ultimately, the difference between the two will depend on the specific model and generation of the processor.

5. How do I know if a laptop's processor is upgradable?

Not all laptops have upgradable processors, so it is important to check the specifications of the specific model you are interested in. In most cases, laptops with upgradable processors will have a designated slot for the processor and will specify the type of processor it can be upgraded to. You can also consult with the manufacturer or a technician for further information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Jess_K
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dbarkman
  • luvmypomeranian