• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Right Knife for Lettuce: Demo Dilemma Solved!

In summary, the team captain concept is to invite your guests to help you collect orders for HWC during cancer awareness month. This has several benefits, including raising money for ACS, letting your potential hosts run a test run catalog show, and giving you an extra reason to be in touch with your customers. The attached flyer and talk at the shows emphasize the limited availability of the products and the reduced shipping charge for team captains. Laura shared that the Crinkle Cutter with lettuce works well and that the mandoline can also be used to shred lettuce.
kcjodih
Gold Member
for lettuce during a demo? At home I just shred it with my hands but I have to demo the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza tomorrow and I'm undecided which knife to use.

Hmmm... I made the collosal salad yesterday and demoed the salad chopper (and sold 3) of them.

I also demoed the HWC pink knife for part of the lettuce chopping as a way to introduce the "Team Captain" concept to collect orders for HWC.

Hmmm...which bowl did you use with the salad chopper and what benefits did you say/share about the chopper? I'm still sooooo undecided about this product :confused:

I was chopping romaine lettuce into the large bowl of the 4 pc set of colanders and bowls.

I "chopped" some of the lettuce above the bowl so they could see how the blades worked and while I was chopping told them that it's great to make personal salads with everything in the bowl so it's chopped fresh and fresh salad, etc.

ivykeep said:
Hmmm... I made the collosal salad yesterday and demoed the salad chopper (and sold 3) of them.

I also demoed the HWC pink knife for part of the lettuce chopping as a way to introduce the "Team Captain" concept to collect orders for HWC.

Laura,

What is the team captain concept?

I invite all of my guests to be "Team Captains" during help whip cancer and collect orders for the pink guest items for my HWC fundraiser show. This has several benefits that I can see -- 1) it raises money for ACS 2) lets my potential hosts run a test run catalog show (lets them see how easy it is to collect orders so maybe they will want to do one themselves for the host benefits) 3) gives me an extra reason to be in touch with my customers through HWC.

Cool! Do you have specific wording or an email you send out?

I talk about the products and the donation amount at the shows and emphasize that these are limited products only available in May (I mention that PC does this every May but the products change every year).

I have the attached flyer on the back of my lapboards and give a copy to anyone who signs up to collect orders.

There is reduced shipping on the HWC items on the order form because the team captain's name will be the name entered into P3 with the total number of items (i.e. 15 mini measure-all cups, 10 nylon knives, etc) so that there is only 1 shipping charge per team since I talked to a bunch of people and they balked at paying $4 shipping on just a few, inexpensive items. Any excess shipping money collected will be added to the show as a round up from the heart donation.

Attachments

• Help Whip Cancer Team Letter and Order Form 2007.doc
    115 KB · Views: 384
This is fabulous - thanks!

What a cool idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

I would definitely use the pink one!!!

I would use the pink one now and in May. (If you wanted to, though, you could use it year round and explain when/how you got it so others at shows throughout the year could hear about HWC...then just tell them they could use _______ knife themselves if they didn't get the pink one in May.)

Myself, I would use the pink one now thru May...then use the Santoku or Chef's knife from our forged cutlery line. As long as you are eating the salad that day, the lettuce shouldn't turn on you where it was cut! My Santoku knife is my "go to" knife, so I usually use it anywhere I can! I use it just like a chef's knife! I was wanting one of those knives for about two years before they came out, so I use mine ALL OF THE TIME!!

I'll use the pink one in May, but I normally use the Crinkle Cutter with my lettuce.

I cut my lettus using the crinkle cutter, actually b/4 I became a consultant, I was at a show and the director did this (that's where I got the idea) I signed the next day, not b/c of the cc. I have sold bunches of these to guests and cross sell the colander/bowl set. Your lettuce actually lasts twice as long when you store it in the bowl and lid and I heard somewhere that stainless steel doesn't not wilt lettuce. It also saves lots of money b/c heads of lettuce is cheaper than bags of shredded lettuce.

I have also shredded lettuce with the mandoline and it works pretty good.

Related to Choosing the Right Knife for Lettuce: Demo Dilemma Solved!

1. Which knife do you recommend for cutting vegetables?

For cutting vegetables, we recommend using our 6" Santoku Knife. This versatile knife has a sharp, straight edge that is perfect for slicing through all types of vegetables with ease.

2. What is the best knife for slicing meats?

The best knife for slicing meats is our 8" Chef's Knife. With its long blade and sharp edge, this knife is perfect for slicing through any type of meat, from thick steaks to tender poultry.

3. Do you have a specific knife for cutting bread?

Yes, we have a specialized Bread Knife that is perfect for cutting through crusty breads without crushing or tearing them. Its serrated edge allows for clean and precise cuts.

4. Which knife is best for peeling and paring fruits and vegetables?

Our 3" Paring Knife is the perfect choice for peeling and paring fruits and vegetables. Its small size and sharp point make it ideal for intricate and delicate tasks.

5. Is there a specific knife for filleting fish?

Yes, our 6" Fillet Knife is designed specifically for filleting and deboning fish. Its flexible blade allows for easy maneuvering around bones and its pointed tip helps to remove skin and scales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• qbutterflies
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
proudmama02
Replies
Views
atpchef
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies