• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Mint Torte From Last Fall Sb

In summary, Chocolate-Peanut Butter Torte is a delicious cake that is easy to make and popular with audiences. The cake is made with devil's food cake mix, mayonnaise, eggs, and applesauce. The glaze is made with chocolate morsels, heavy whipping cream, caramel ice cream topping, and creamy peanut butter. The torte can be easily doubled or tripled and is perfect for special occasions.
Anyone tried a variation with peanut butter? I have a new consultant who wants to use something like this for a grand opening. Thought I would ask before trying to reinvent the wheel.

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Torte
(from Stoneware Inspirations)

Mayonnaise and applesauce provide moisture and tenderness in this dramatic cake.

Prep time: 20 min Bake Time: 22-25 min Cool Time: 1 hr

Cake
1 pkg (9oz) devil’s food cake mix
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T mayonnaise
1 egg
½ C unsweetened applesauce

Glaze
1/3 C semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 T heavy whipping cream
2 T caramel ice cream topping
2 T creamy peanut butter, divided
Spanish peanuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. For cake, lightly spray Small Bar Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a piece of Parchment Paper to cover bottom of pan. Line pan with Parchment Paper; lightly spray with cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cake mix and cocoa powder using Stainless Whisk. Add mayonnaise, egg and applesauce; whisk until well blended. Pour batter into pan. Bake 22-25 min or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 min. Remove from pan; cover with clean Kitchen Towel and cool completely.
2. For glaze, combine chocolate morsels, whipping cream, ice cream topping and 1 T of peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Set aside. Place remaining peanut butter in Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10-20 seconds or until melted and smooth; set aside.
3. To assemble torte, using serrated Bread Knife, cut cake in half crosswise to form tow equal layers. Carefully place one layer on top of the other and trim to match edges. Place one layer onto serving plate. Spread half of the glaze over bottom layer using Small Spreader, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Top with second cake layer. Repeat with remaining glaze. Drizzle with melted peanut butter and swirl into glaze using Quikut Paring Knife. If desired, sprinkle peanuts around bottom of torte. Slice using Utility Knife dipped in hot water.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 560, Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 10g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Carbohydrate 71 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 660 mg, Fiber 4 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 3 starch, 1 ½ fruit, 5 fat (4 ½ carb)

Cook’s Tips
If desired, half of a standard devil’s food cake mix (9oz or 1 ¾ C dry mix) can be substituted for the 9 oz pkg of cake mix.
This recipe can be easily doubled and baked in the Medium Bar Pan using and 18.25 oz pkg of devil’s food cake mix. Bake at 350F 28-32 minutes; proceed as recipe directs.
To easily drizzle peanut butter over top of torte, pour melted peanut butter into corner of small resealable plastic food storage bag. Twist top of bag secure. Cut a small tip of corner of bag to allow the peanut butter to follow through.

I think you could use peanut butter cups in place of the mint candies in the other recipe just fine. I made this a ton of shows last season, and it is such a hit! I never put the exract in the cake any way.

Yeah, the extract in the cake was a bit much in the mint one. Thanks Jodi, I knew I had seen this idea somewhere and that is why I mentioned it at a show that this consultant attended last year. So it pays to follow up because she signed this week!

Hi there! I haven't personally tried a variation with peanut butter, but I have heard of some consultants using it for a grand opening. From what I've heard, it can be a hit or miss depending on your audience. Some people love the combination of peanut butter and savory dishes, while others may not be as keen on it. My advice would be to do a trial run with a small group of friends or family before using it for your grand opening. This way, you can get some feedback and make any necessary adjustments before the big event. Best of luck with your grand opening!

Related to Chocolate Mint Torte From Last Fall Sb

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Chocolate Mint Torte from last fall's seasonal brochure?

To make the Chocolate Mint Torte, you will need the following ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened), 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, and 1/4 cup heavy cream.

2. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour or whole wheat flour as a substitute for the all-purpose flour in this recipe. Keep in mind that the texture and taste may vary slightly.

3. How long does it take to bake the Chocolate Mint Torte?

The Chocolate Mint Torte bakes for about 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the torte - if it comes out clean, it is ready to be taken out of the oven.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Chocolate Mint Torte ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.

5. Is there a substitute for fresh mint leaves?

If you do not have fresh mint leaves, you can use 1 teaspoon of mint extract or 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract as a substitute. However, the taste may vary slightly from the original recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • Pampered Amber
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies