• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ingredient Tip: Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes

I think the Reese's Fast Break Bar would be a good substitution for the other two candies.Yes, I have watched the DVD. It's really helpful!
chefann
Gold Member
Last night, I was reading through the new SBRC, and was intrigued by the Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes. They're not the Molten cakes from a couple of seasons ago. And they had an ingredient that I couldn't quite put my finger on: whipped peanut butter nougat-filled candy bars. For the life of me, I just couldn't think of what candy that would be.

So I did a little searching, and I think it's the Reese's Fast Break Bar (see http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/reesesfastbreak.asp).

Just thought I'd share to help prevent someone else getting frustrated trying to figure it out.

Thanks!! I was wondering about that myself......:D

My first guess would have been 3 Musketeers. That's what I get for trying to lose weight.;)

Chef Endora said:
My first guess would have been 3 Musketeers. That's what I get for trying to lose weight.;)

Except it's not peanut butter... What are the new whipped Reese's bars called?

ChefJoyJ said:
Except it's not peanut butter... What are the new whipped Reese's bars called?

Reese's Fast Break Bar (see http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/reesesfastbreak.asp).

LOL, Ann!

Thanks for doing that research!

There are Reeses fast break bars AND there are Reeses whipped bars, I am a big fan of Reeses anything!!! I would think the whipped bars would be more appropriate

OK, that's the Whipps bar. Haven't seen that one around here.

The notes do say that you can substitute them with any other nougat filled candy. Has anyone watched the DVD yet? Might this be one of the recipes demoed?

No. The only recipes on the DVD are the theme show recipes. 3 Musketeers, as mentioned above, are a nougat-filled candy, it's just not peanut butter flavored. Snickers and Milky Way also have nougat, but with the addition of caramel (both) and peanuts (Snickers).

1. What ingredients do I need to make Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes?

You will need flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla extract, butter, and chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of chocolate chips?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, such as chopped chocolate bars or chocolate chunks. Just make sure to use the same amount as the recipe calls for.

3. How many mini cakes does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 12 mini cakes.

4. Can I make these mini cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let the batter come to room temperature before filling the mini cake pan.

5. Can I freeze these mini cakes?

Yes, you can freeze these mini cakes for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before freezing. When ready to eat, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the microwave for a warm, gooey treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pinkunicorn
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies