• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalogs During Shows: Helpful or Harmful?

In summary, some people like giving catalogs out at the beginning of the show and some people think it takes away from the focus on the presenter. Linda and I like to give a folder with all the information in it at the beginning of the show, and then do a catalog walkthrough later in the show.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
I would really like everyone's input. I have heard some people say no catalogs during the show, I have heard some people say I like it as a buffer because I get nervous. I see both sides, but I would like see what people who have been doing this for a while think being new. I certainly would love their faces shoved in a catalog in the beginning to take the FOCUS OFF ME....LOL...:D , but I know this may hurt my show...or maybe it doesn't.
What do you think...really want your input.:confused:

Before the show I place a packet on each chair/couch. In it is a catalog, order form, biz card, pen, and a recruiting flyer. At the end of each season I also put in a flyer with discontinued/price change products.

Personally, I like giving the catalog out at the beginning. I know if I were to be a guest I would want my catalog & order form at that time too. Some people really could care less what you are up there talking about, they know what they want and they want to shop while you are doing the demo and then eat and leave. Others will pay attention to every word you say and buy whatever it is you are demonstrating. Others will interrupt you and ask what page so and so is on and when they turn to that page (or while turning) they will spot something and tell everyone how wonderful so and so is.

It works for me!

I ditto what Linda says. I always give a folder at the beginning, and take the time to go through the folder during my introduction (how to read receipt, how catalog is organized, etc.) I have also started doing a catalog walk through (do a search for threads about this topic), which is proving successful.

I am starting in January to use Tom Marston's (I think) method of a manilla file folder that the guests will take home to keep their past, current and future receipts in. It has a label on it with the TPC log, and "Your Consultant Is". They look really nice (I think). It's a new system for me, but my DH and "secretary" says they were easy to put together, and I think it will work well at shows.

HTH!

Since you are just starting and having trouble with product info (I still do, so don't feel badly) I would use the catalog starting from the beginning. Once you get more experienced I think there is something to the "no-catalog-until-the-end" theory...

Yeah I am going to have read up on what to give each guest and whether or not to use lapboards etc......
I think I will start with catalogs. I know I would want one if I was a guest.

I borrowed an idea at a show I attended before signing up. I bought those 99 cent 1" binders from walmart and cut the ring part out. I now have a sturdy lap board with a pocket to put the catalog, order form, etc in and I got 2 boards out of each binder.

pampermeplease said:
I borrowed an idea at a show I attended before signing up. I bought those 99 cent 1" binders from walmart and cut the ring part out. I now have a sturdy lap board with a pocket to put the catalog, order form, etc in and I got 2 boards out of each binder.
That is exactly what I do, but I used the binders that have the clear pocket on the outside that you can put the monthly guest special into. This has worked VERY well for me. I am able to put everything into that lap board and not have to worry about anything else. I also do the catalogs at my shows. I love playing the "Queen of Shoppers" so that way they are able to see a lot of different products. Also some guests do like to shop instead of listen. Or half in half. HTH

I went to a non PC show once & didn't get a catalog until the end. I didn't like that. If I see the consultant use something, I'd like to be able to read more about it in the catalog. I always give my guests the catalog & even tell them the page # as I use the product.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I went to a non PC show once & didn't get a catalog until the end. I didn't like that. If I see the consultant use something, I'd like to be able to read more about it in the catalog. I always give my guests the catalog & even tell them the page # as I use the product.

Ditto!! Especially if the consultant doesn't tell you the price of it, I'd hate to keep interrupting the consultant to ask how much it is. (Although I've had guests who like to ask how much each item is and I don't always know off the top of my head. So now I use the cheat sheet with the pages numbers so I can have them look it up!)

I LOVE using my catalogs at the beginning....Q of S game is always popular...and some guests know what they want...thye just need to know which page it is on:D

I ordered some "Catalog Enhancers" about 4 months ago (you know those little removable sticker/flags) to use with my demo. There are 8 red flags to a sheet - about 1 inch in lengh - that say "Gotta Have It" and I enocurage guests to mark the page when they find product so they can easily find them again when they are ready to comlpete their order. Some guests ask fo ranother sheet of flags :eek:

I also give 2 sheets of these to my hosts so they can "Mark Up" their catalog as well...

I make sure "I" know the page # of all of the high-end items I am demoing ~ I wnat them to use up all of their little flags....and they do...NOW - if I could only get more than 5 people to a show LOL!!

I use lapboards and put basically the same things in as Linda has mentioned. I also tuck the monthly special flyer in the clear outter cover...

Catalog enhancers.....ooooo, where do we get those?

I am with everyone else about giving out cattys at the beginning. And the Q of S s mentioned above by Gina - I attached it here for ya...

Attachments

• FW06Queen of the Shoppers 2006.doc
    26 KB · Views: 319
So with this game, after your read each part of the poem, does the guest hold on to the prize and then the winner at the end gets it?

Jilleysue said:
So with this game, after your read each part of the poem, does the guest hold on to the prize and then the winner at the end gets it?
As you read each item, teh guest who calls the page # out gets to hold the prize (usually a QuikCut knife or a SB cookbook with one of my stickers (thank you Jilleysue) in it)...whoever is holding the prize @ the end gets to keep it.

I use the very small Post It tabs for the same purpose as the Catalog Enhancers. My guests LOVE it! I also have calculators available for everyone.

Jilleysue said:

Hey y'all....I have as of late been using my BBQ Basting Brush as my passing "Sceptor" for this game. I them let the winner pick from my basket of goodies!

HTH~

I say catalogs during the show. That way they can see the prices of what they want. I had a lady one time that each time I used a product that she liked she went a head and filled out her order form. It was an awesome way to sale b/c she loved so much that I was showing and was excited when seeing it. She ordered almost $300 worth and if she had of had to wait until the end to see the catalog she may have forgotten something she wanted and me missed out on a sale. She is having a show as soon as new house is finished.

I give out the catalogues after I am done my demonstration - I do give them a pen and paper at the begining so they can write down anything that looks interesting to them - It works for me as when I am done with the demonstration and I hand out the catalogues and order forms they are devouring them and it gives me at least 20 minutes to tidy up before they come to me with there orders!!

I also find that they are really paying attention to the products and the recipe.

:)

Jilleysue said:
Yeah I am going to have read up on what to give each guest and whether or not to use lapboards etc......
I think I will start with catalogs. I know I would want one if I was a guest.
I tried the lapboards and they just got too heavy so I don't use them anymore.

chefkristin said:
I tried the lapboards and they just got too heavy so I don't use them anymore.

Same here - I passed them onto one of my downline consultants a few years ago.

Related to Catalogs During Shows: Helpful or Harmful?

1. What is the benefit of using catalogs during shows?

The use of catalogs during shows allows customers to easily browse and see all of the products that Pampered Chef has to offer. This can help them make more informed purchasing decisions and potentially increase sales for the consultant.

2. Can I still make sales without using catalogs during shows?

Yes, you can still make sales without using catalogs during shows. Some consultants prefer to use other methods such as cooking demonstrations or hands-on product experiences to showcase the products.

3. How many catalogs should I have available during a show?

It is recommended to have at least one catalog for every 2-3 guests attending the show. This ensures that everyone has access to a catalog and can follow along with the presentation.

4. Should I pass out catalogs to guests before or after the presentation?

This is ultimately up to the consultant's preference. Some may choose to pass them out beforehand so guests can follow along, while others may prefer to distribute them after the presentation as a reference for products they are interested in.

5. Can customers place orders directly from the catalog during the show?

Yes, customers can place orders directly from the catalog during the show. The consultant can provide order forms for guests to fill out and collect at the end of the presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Darcy Sharpe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • sarahmyers
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithlove