• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Show Averages: Comparing to Cooking Shows

In summary, catalog shows have a lower average than cooking shows, with an average of around $300. However, there have been success stories of catalog shows reaching as high as $800 or even $1525.65. Some tips for achieving higher catalog show averages include providing host coaching, using helpful resources like the "40 guests in 40 minutes" sheet, and targeting higher-spending guests.
mandy412
What kind of show averages does everyone have when it's a catalog show? I know it's obviously less than the cooking show. I have some people that I never thought would respond at all say they'd like to do a catalog show (for which I am grateful) but I'm curious to see how different the numbers are.

My very first show was a catalog show in early December. The host restricted it to work and therefore limited herself. Her show closed at close to $200. I have a gal who was scheduled to host a cooking show for this Fri but plans fell through and she converted to a catalog show; crossing my fingers for her because I'd love to see her have a great catalog show and earn lots of product! (selfishly I'd love to see her do great so I can maintain "active" this month - classes started back up so between working full-time, doing transcription part-time, attending night classes for nursing, as well as being a mom, time has been limited). :)

Average for me is $300. Some higher, prob. $500 tops, many lower, just making the $150. It used to be that it qualified as a catalog show when it had 5 orders or hit $150. I tell my hosts it usually takes 5 orders to reach $150, figuring avg. order of $30.

I don't have that many cat shows right now- but I'm usually only around $200 (actually- just looked it up on CC- and it was $222 last year). But I want to work on it!!Last summer, I read this thread and my eyes bugged out. ChefKevin was having great success with the catalog shows. I'd be curious if he's still doing the same thing and how it's turning out.

Last edited:
2009 Catalog show avg - $323
2009 Kitchen show avg - $556

MY best catalog show so far was $800~the lady is a teacher and just put it on the teacher lounge table! I actually just emailed all my past catalog hosts from the fall and told them about Feb specials and so far 2 of them are going to do another show. THe $300 and $400 shows add up rather nicely.

Looks like my avg catalog sales for 2009 is 310....my highest thus far was $712.

As of today, my Catalog Show average* is $346.76. My Cooking Show average is $814.80. I always make a point to explain to hostesses that they can earn a lot more from a Cooking Show than they can from a Catalog Show. :D

*I do regular vendor events where I usually get $200-$250 in sales & submit them as a Catalog show. I've also done two Mystery Host Catalog shows. I omitted those & just tallied the customer catalog shows. Added note, 2 of the Customer catalog shows that were included in the total were big spenders who had enough to make their own show. They didn't have outside orders, just their own. If I were to omit them, it would change the total to $353.66 for the ones who actually collected outside orders.

My catalogue show average is $707.78 and my cooking show average is $969.19 (both numbers are based on comissionable sales)

My best catalogue show was $1525.65! I always give the 40 guests in 4 minutes sheet that I found on here to catalogue hosts too, not just show hosts.

Last edited:
lisaw said:
My catalogue show average is $707.78 and my cooking show average is $969.19 (both numbers are based on comissionable sales)My best catalogue show was $1525.65! I always give the 40 guests in 40 minutes sheet that I found on here to catalogue hosts too, not just show hosts.
Ok girl. You can't post a catalog show average like that and not tell us how you get such high numbers! What are you doing to achieve it?I realize Canadian prices vs US prices are slightly different, but that's still a significantly higher catalog-show average than most.. And your cooking show average too!

lisaw said:
My catalogue show average is $707.78 and my cooking show average is $969.19 (both numbers are based on comissionable sales)

My best catalogue show was $1525.65! I always give the 40 guests in 40 minutes sheet that I found on here to catalogue hosts too, not just show hosts.

Wow Lisa, That is seriously FANTASTIC! I hope that one day I can post averages like that! Please do share the specifics on your host coaching. I'd be most appreciative. :D

My catalog shows avg about the same as the others - in the mid $300's ... but then I just had a cooking show that was lower than that!!!! :( Good # of invites, but she invited all "poor" people. :( I would love any tips to get my show averages up in general!!!

I'm so disappointed. I just got an e-mail that a girl who is supposed to be my first cooking show wants to downgrade hers to a catalog show b/c life is hectic for her right now.

I just can't get anyone to book a cooking show. I still have to broach the subject with my husband about Super Bowl Sunday. LOL!

My one catalog show so far was $260 something, but the commissionable sales were $209 something.

Laura4 said:
I'm so disappointed. I just got an e-mail that a girl who is supposed to be my first cooking show wants to downgrade hers to a catalog show b/c life is hectic for her right now.

I just can't get anyone to book a cooking show. I still have to broach the subject with my husband about Super Bowl Sunday. LOL!

Welcome to my world! First cooking show was a total flop! First catalog show was mediocre but she tried and it was enough to qualify for a catalog show. I was scheduled to do cooking show tonight but she bailed on me for the second time last night; R/S'd for 2 wks and I'm hoping 3rd time's the charm. Friday's cooking show converted to catalog show because her roomie decided she didn't want to have a party. She's real excited about her catty show at the moment; someone is really excited about the bamboo block set (I told her to share the Feb host special of 60% off so we'll see! but I'd be happy to sell it to her at regular price!!!) Crossing my fingers! And don't even get me started on my husband; he's hot and cold - one minute thinks it's great, the next tells me PC is a waste of my time and it's too much aggravation. :yuck:

Hang in there! I know I am!!!

I have a group of ladies at a local factory that do catalog shows for me. Their "lowest" was $860 and the highest one has been $1202... My cooking shows usually average around $350. I would rather have at least one a month from my factory ladies! LOL!

pcchefjane said:
I have a group of ladies at a local factory that do catalog shows for me. Their "lowest" was $860 and the highest one has been $1202... My cooking shows usually average around $350. I would rather have at least one a month from my factory ladies! LOL!

That's awesome! I'd love to have that kind of average too! With my schedule as crazy as it is, right now my best hope is catty shows - mom, wife, nursing student, plus full-time job and part-time job. Can you say crazy? That would be me! :D

esavvymom said:
Ok girl. You can't post a catalog show average like that and not tell us how you get such high numbers! What are you doing to achieve it?

I realize Canadian prices vs US prices are slightly different, but that's still a significantly higher catalog-show average than most.. And your cooking show average too!

I don't do anything special for my host coaching ~ in fact I think my host coaching skills are pretty mediocre. I do try to never pre-judge a show though. Why should a catalogue show automatically mean lower sales? I always give my catalogue hosts the 40 guests in 4 minutes flyer and tell them it's great for giving them ideas of who to call. If they would invite them to a party why wouldn't they let them know they are doing a catalogue show?

Where is the 40 guests in 4 minutes flyer? I'd like one!

It's in the FILES section on here....just search for "40 guests".

This information has been great! I was kind of bummed at only being able to book two cooking shows and 5 catalog shows for February but I think I may be okay.....I want to hit that $1250 metric in my first 30 days and with all the catalog shows I didn't think I'd get it but it looks like it might be possible.

mandy412 said:
This information has been great! I was kind of bummed at only being able to book two cooking shows and 5 catalog shows for February but I think I may be okay.....I want to hit that $1250 metric in my first 30 days and with all the catalog shows I didn't think I'd get it but it looks like it might be possible.

Host coach them all as best you can. It helps with a couple things- hopefully delaying any cancellations or postponements, and increasing sales/confidence of the host.

If you have 2 cooking shows- and they are average $400-500 shows each, plus the 5, you should have no problem. Even if your cooking show is like my first couple- only $300s...with those 5 cattie shows- you should have little problem- even with $200 cat shows.

Good luck!

Talk about feeling really stupid! This an an AH moment! I have got to remember ChefKevin's way of doing this! If I remember to point out the ease and benefits of a catalog party, all the better for me! This is a great way to get them interested in PC and maybe then a coking party later on! DUH, DUH, DUH! Geez! Well, I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! Or at least jog their memories enough for some of that valuable info to become apparent again!

1. What is a catalog show average?

A catalog show average is the average amount of sales generated per guest at a catalog show. It is an important metric for measuring the success of the show and can help determine the effectiveness of the host's efforts in promoting and selling Pampered Chef products.

2. How is a catalog show average calculated?

The catalog show average is calculated by dividing the total sales at the show by the number of guests in attendance. For example, if a catalog show had $1,000 in sales and 20 guests, the catalog show average would be $50.

3. How does a catalog show average compare to a cooking show?

A catalog show average is typically lower than a cooking show average because the host is not physically demonstrating and sampling products, which can lead to higher sales. However, catalog shows can still be successful and have a high average if the host actively promotes and shares the catalog with their guests.

4. What is considered a good catalog show average?

A good catalog show average can vary depending on factors such as the host's efforts, the type of products being sold, and the target audience. However, the average catalog show average for Pampered Chef consultants is around $50-60 per guest.

5. How can I improve my catalog show average?

To improve your catalog show average, it's important to work closely with the host to ensure they are actively promoting and sharing the catalog with their guests. Additionally, providing attractive incentives and promotions can also help increase sales and improve the catalog show average.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
brendaziz
  • Tonimabbott
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies