• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Casserole in Dcb Vs Rectangle Baker

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker and the Rectangle Baker are two types of baking dishes with different materials and shapes. The Deep Covered Baker has a domed lid for even heat distribution and retention, while the Rectangle Baker is a traditional rectangular dish. The Deep Covered Baker is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and does not need to be preheated. It is not suitable for stovetop or grill use and does not require seasoning like traditional stoneware.
jennyl
Hi, everyone,
I'm trying to figure out the best baker to use for the potato chicken casserole that I found a recipe for here:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/freezer-meals-17641/

It's about 8 cups of ingredients so it will fit in either one. I'm guessing it'll just cook quicker in the rectangle baker since it's spread out.

Has anyone made this before - which baker did you use?
Or in general can we sort of ues either baker for most casseroles?

Thanks.

Hi there! I haven't made this specific recipe before, but I have used both the rectangle and round bakers for casseroles and they both work well. It really depends on personal preference and the size of your oven. If you have a smaller oven, the round baker might be a better fit. But if you want the casserole to cook faster, the rectangle baker may be a better option since it will be spread out more. Ultimately, either one will work for most casseroles, so it's really just up to your preference and oven size. Hope that helps!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend using our Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for your potato chicken casserole. The DCB is specifically designed for baking casseroles and will ensure even cooking and a delicious result. However, if you only have a Rectangle Baker available, that can also work well for casseroles. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may be slightly longer since the ingredients will be spread out. Our bakers are versatile and can be used for a variety of dishes, but for the best results, I suggest using the recommended baker for each specific recipe. Let me know how your casserole turns out! Happy cooking!

What is the difference between the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and the Rectangle Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware dish with a domed lid that allows for even heat distribution and retention. The Rectangle Baker is a traditional rectangular baking dish made of ceramic or glass.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before using it?

No, the Deep Covered Baker does not need to be preheated. It can go directly from the refrigerator or freezer into a preheated oven.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker on the stovetop or grill?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not suitable for stovetop or grill use. It is designed for oven use only.

Do I need to season the Deep Covered Baker before using it?

No, the Deep Covered Baker does not require seasoning like traditional stoneware. It is ready to use after washing it with warm, soapy water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • avelissar