• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Card Declined, Customer Wants to Cancel Order!

but cancel the ENTIRE show? I've never heard of that.I threw out the idea to my consultant to relay to the host. We'll see what she says. I also suggested that she encourage her to do a 3 day catalog show & send online invites to EVERYONE that she didn't invite to her cooking show! That it could help her hit the $300 level or maybe even the $400 or $500 level.I'm guessing she has to tell corporate to cancel the first show & data entry a new one if she has new orders to add? I've never had to do it so I'm not sure if corporate can make changes or add orders on their end for a show on hold.
Sheila
Gold Member
I've never had this happen, but one of my brand new consultants is dealing with it right now. She has a show that's barely $300 and one of the customer's cards was rejected. When she called the customer, they said that they needed to cancel their order. It will drop the host benefits into the $200 range and she'll loose the knife block set at 1/2 price.

To my knowledge, corporate will change the host benefits, right? Anybody ever had them take off a guest order and still let the host have her same benefits???

I don't think she will get to keep the benefits. How much was the order? Is she willing to keep enough of it herself so that she can get her knife block?

It was a $47 order that BARELY put her over the limit.

For $47, and if she really wants the knife set, perhaps she'd like to just order another couple items--worth the extra $$ I'd say.

Yes, I threw out that idea to my consultant to relay to the host. We'll see what she says. I also suggested that she encourage her to do a 3 day catalog show & send online invites to EVERYONE that she didn't invite to her cooking show! That it could help her hit the $300 level or maybe even the $400 or $500 level.I'm guessing she has to tell corporate to cancel the first show & data entry a new one if she has new orders to add? I've never had to do it so I'm not sure if corporate can make changes or add orders on their end for a show on hold.

Sheila said:
Yes, I threw out that idea to my consultant to relay to the host. We'll see what she says. I also suggested that she encourage her to do a 3 day catalog show & send online invites to EVERYONE that she didn't invite to her cooking show! That it could help her hit the $300 level or maybe even the $400 or $500 level.

I'm guessing she has to tell corporate to cancel the first show & data entry a new one if she has new orders to add? I've never had to do it so I'm not sure if corporate can make changes or add orders on their end for a show on hold.

Yes, if there are different orders, she'll have to cancel that show with HO, and enter in a new show.

The only way she can save that show is to have the host pay for that guest's order. There is not a way to add a new order to the show to keep it over $300 since it's already been submitted. Not even sure HO will cancel the whole show. This is going to take some work if that host really wants the knife block set at half-price. Your consultant is going to learn a lot with this process. The only saving grace for your consultant is that she's losing commission on the $47 order and not the half-price knife block set. Oh, and the host's free product value goes down so the host's order even without the half-price gets adjusted. Maybe the host can talk to the guest and see if she can pay for the order and have the guest pay her later. Sometimes it's a case of waiting for the next paycheck.

Could the host pay for it and then return it before the 30 days is up and then it won't affect the host's benefits?

I have actually had this happen before. HO will cancel the entire show and she will just have to submit it as another show. Just call HO, explain what is going on and they will cancel.

Hope it goes well!!

Annette

Military regulations and Japan Customs regulations prohibit us from doing "ship to host", so if the host agreed to pay for the order & let her friend pay her back, she wouldn't be able to hold on to the property as ransom, as it would be shipped directly to the customer. :(Thanks everyone for the feedback. My concept of how it works seems to have been correct. But it never hurts to add more brains when trying to find a solution!!! ;)

chefannette said:
I have actually had this happen before. HO will cancel the entire show and she will just have to submit it as another show. Just call HO, explain what is going on and they will cancel.

Hope it goes well!!

Annette

really? I have tried before to cancel a show for a few reasons, and they said no way no how... never!

Mary, in this case the show was on hold. I can see how they wouldn't stop one that had already cleared & was in the works on being picked & shipped. But I had heard that you could cancel one that was on hold since they are stuck anyway & can't finish processing it without a solution to the issue.

So who are the products shipped to? The consutlant?I have a lot of shows shipped to me. If one of those orders were to cancel, then I could return it within 30 days and get my money back. Doesn't affect host benefits or anything else!

Di_Can_Cook said:
So who are the products shipped to? The consutlant?

Yes, Sheila has to have each order direct shipped to the customer. They also have to pay direct shipping rates because of that. I'm sure she'd love to do "Ship to Host" but it's not PC, it's the military that imposes that rule.

Di_Can_Cook said:
So who are the products shipped to? The consutlant? ...

Noora is right ...

Sheila said:
Military regulations and Japan Customs regulations prohibit us from doing "ship to host", so if the host agreed to pay for the order & let her friend pay her back, she wouldn't be able to hold on to the property as ransom, as it would be shipped directly to the customer. :( ...

Now if PC would remove the "Ship to Host" option for overseas military, life would be easier!!! :)

Angie, I have BEGGED them give us an option when we establish our shows to omit that option in the online ordering. They say it's not possible. :( I know it is! It's just a matter of talking to the right person in tech support who can write the code to where it defaults to allowing it, but where we can unselect the option if we need to! ;)

1. Why was my card declined?

There are several reasons why your card may have been declined, such as insufficient funds, an expired card, or incorrect billing information. We recommend checking with your bank or credit card company for more information.

2. Can I still cancel my order if my card was declined?

Yes, you can still cancel your order even if your card was declined. Please contact our customer service team as soon as possible to request a cancellation.

3. Will I still be charged if my card was declined?

No, if your card was declined, the transaction will not go through and you will not be charged. However, depending on your bank, you may see a temporary hold on the funds, which will be released within a few business days.

4. Can I use a different card to complete my order?

Yes, you can use a different card to complete your order. Please make sure the billing information matches the new card or contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. How long will it take for my funds to be released after a declined transaction?

Typically, the hold on your funds will be released within 3-5 business days. However, if you have any concerns or need further assistance, please contact our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jmwinfree
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • NooraK